Houston Office Market Trends

Boris

TEXAS SNAPSHOT, SEPTEMBER 2006

Houston Office Market

The trend for new office development in Houston is in the suburban office markets, in particular, the Energy Corridor/Park 10 area, Westchase and along the West Sam Houston Parkway, according to Clay Peeples, SIOR, director of Houston-based Boyd Commercial/ CORFAC International.

There are a TON of people in Chicago who live near their workplace too. The residential building boom in the Loop of Chicago has been amazing. They can ride the L or WALK to work.

Suburban office markets are a reality. I wish they weren't because in the end this will just translate into people moving even further west. Sealy will be a suburb soon.

No it won't.

I already is. Not the normal suburb, but there are commuters.

Anyhow, i hate the Suburban trend too, I just wish we could build taller (+ architectually more significant) structures, in Downtown and Uptown, but the skyrocketing land values intown make suburban offices cheaper.

cheaper = good.

But maybe in the not too distant future, "new urbanism" might come into effect and companies will be re-locating intown.

Great update's Boris does that news source talk about the big boom on Rankin road between I-45@ Aldine Westfield road? Baker Hughs built a couple of 2 to 3 story glass type building's and several other company's built at least five new buildings within the last three years. All 2 to 3 story's. It was cattle paster before, like the North Houston Stock Yard's on Rankin road 1890's to the 1980's were that new Spring I.S.D. school is being built right now on Imperial Valley @ Rankin. "90% finished". And that's three miles of road. The only open land is at I-45@ Rankin. south east side of the freeway. I think 343 acres? Also there some land for sale at Hardy @ Rankin. This seems like a oil corridor.

There are a TON of people in Chicago who live near their workplace too. The residential building boom in the Loop of Chicago has been amazing. They can ride the L or WALK to work.

Suburban office markets are a reality. I wish they weren't because in the end this will just translate into people moving even further west. Sealy will be a suburb soon.

Yes, but it took one hour for us to get four miles to Halstead on the bus. The L was a long, long walk. And in Chicago, those old buildings are expensive to rent and small. But you get the wonderful 9 month long winter when you pay those high prices as well. ;)

I think it is bittersweet. Yes, to have all this office space in one confined area would make Chicago helpless. At any rate, people here can live near their employment center and drive and not worry about riding the L or whatever..... :wacko:

Houston has a lot of towers, especially if they were conglomerated, however we don't come close to the amount of towers in Chi -Town.

I already is. Not the normal suburb, but there are commuters.

But maybe in the not too distant future, "new urbanism" might come into effect and companies will be re-locating intown.

I used to work with a woman that commuted each day from the area just west of Independence, TX in Washington County. So is that also a suburb (or exurb) of Houston?

New urbanism already seems to be in play...only it seems to be the strongest in suburban 'town centers'.

I used to work with a woman that commuted each day from the area just west of Independence, TX in Washington County. So is that also a suburb (or exurb) of Houston?

New urbanism already seems to be in play...only it seems to be the strongest in suburban 'town centers'.

Technically, it would be. I guess it just depends if the U.S. Census sees it as one or not.

Eventually we shall keep moving West along I-10 until San Antonio becomes a Suburb of Houston.

Mwahahahahaha!

That kinda talk remind's me of a planet called Cybertron the whole planet was all buildings no trees no wildlife just baron. -_-

Archived