Shell Woodcreek Phase I Campus Expansion At 150 N. Dairy Ashford Rd.

Boris

Shell Oil Expanding Energy Corridor Campus

By Connie Gore

http://www.globest.com/newspics/hou_150ndairyashford.jpg

150 N. Dairy Ashford Rd.HOUSTON-Shell Oil Co., with Hines as the development manager, has kicked off an expansion project for its 945,508-sf Energy Corridor campus. The LEED-designed project will add a 170,000-sf office structure, 30,000-sf amenity building and five-story, 800-space parking garage.

The development site at 150 N. Dairy Ashford Rd. is a 43-acre wooded tract adjoining the energy giant's 34-acre footprint of seven office buildings and one restaurant, a $62.7-million-assessed property developed in 1980. The construction tab for the expansion isn't available, but it's sure to be hefty based on today's material costs and the "green" design.

Dirt work got under way yesterday. "I believe we will be putting in foundations in the next three weeks or so," Mooz says. The garage is ticketed to deliver by midyear 2007; the six-story office building and single-story amenity center will open in the following December. The amenity building is a combo conference center and fitness facility for the entire campus.

Hellmuth, Obata & Kassabaum's Houston team designed the campus addition. I.A. Naman + Associates Inc. and Walter P. Moore & Associates Inc., both from Houston, are the consulting engineers. DE Harvey Builders Inc. of, also Houston based, is the general contractor. Tim Relyea and Joe Peddie with Cushman & Wakefield of Texas Inc. represented Shell in planning and advisory services for the project and will follow through as its tenant rep throughout the development process. The expansion is starting out with Shell as the owner and Hines in the development role.

http://www.globest.com/news/716_716/houston/149020-1.html

More good news for my area of town. Now they need to start tearing down the old apartments that ring the area around Stratford HS.

It appears to be just to the north of the Katy Freeway. I didn't realize Shell had a complex out there, but from Yahoo Maps, it looks like their current seven-building complex is just to the east of Conoco-Phillips. My tip-off was that the article refers to a "wooded site." From the Yahoo Satellite mapping, there do not appear to be any wooded sites just to the south of the Katy.

• 2 months later...
  • The title was changed to Shell Woodcreek Phase I Campus Expansion
  • The title was changed to Shell Woodcreek Phase I Campus Expansion At 150 N. Dairy Ashford Rd.

Archived