Governor Kinky Friedman

musicman

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He spoke today in Houston and promised to give the City of Houston $100,000,000.00 to hire 1000 new police officer to "fight crime caused by Hurricane Katrina evacuees." THAT is a bold move!

Funny, I've been back in Houston for 4 months, and I don't recall any evacuees attacking my house. I mean, I'll take the $100 million anyway, but let us spend it however we want...like...um... on our schools?

Kinky is still high from his last run by Willie's place on Lake Travis. gues h relly thks he going to be elected first and second then all the crooks he'd be working with in Austin, if he were, are going to let hi throw money around like tt. Wake up Kinky and find your way back to the Hooka. :D

Kinky is still high from his last run by Willie's place on Lake Travis. gues h relly thks he going to be elected first and second then all the crooks he'd be working with in Austin, if he were, are going to let hi throw money around like tt. Wake up Kinky and find your way back to the Hooka. :D

Find your way back to the hookah indeed...Mark F. Barnes is waiting for you!!! :lol:

Funny, I've been back in Houston for 4 months, and I don't recall any evacuees attacking my house. I mean, I'll take the $100 million anyway, but let us spend it however we want...like...um... on our schools?

Throwing money to schools isn't going to help. They spend more per pupil now than they did in the 70's and scores are lower.

Find your way back to the hookah indeed...Mark F. Barnes is waiting for you!!! :lol:

Follow the puff of smoke...

Throwing money to schools isn't going to help. They spend more per pupil now than they did in the 70's and scores are lower.

If that refers to many inner city low income schools - Musicman is correct in many ways.

I read Richard Geib's account of Berendo Middle School in Los Angeles. That is such an interesting read: http://www.rjgeib.com/biography/inner-city...s/innerblu.html - Geib says that many low scores have to do with attitudes of the children and the surrounding community.

I am in favor of funding schools with plenty of money, but at the same time community attitudes towards education also have to change.

I am surprised by two things. The number of conservatives denigrating Kinky Friedman, and the number of liberals praising him.

If anyone actually READ what he proposes and stands for, both groups would shut up.

What does he propose?

I really like Kinky a lot--just because he's a no-bs kinda guy. However, that's been known to backfire a lot on politicians. He's talking about 100 million dollars, where is he gettin' that? On the other hand, I am all for getting the loser "Katrinizens" outta here.

Rick Perry makes me vomit, and CKS is so "me too" it makes me downright embarrassed for her.

Who is left? Oh yeah, that jackass Chris Bell. No thanks!

You can see where he stands on various issues on his website: http://www.kinkyfriedman.com

I would strengthen the police force - The evacuees who cause trouble should be punished.

Keep in mind that I mean the evacuees who cause trouble, NOT the good, hard-working evacuees. Whenever one talks about the evacuees who cause trouble, he or she has to, has to, HAS TO disambiguate between the two types of evacuees.

I would strengthen the police force - The evacuees who cause trouble should be punished.

Keep in mind that I mean the evacuees who cause trouble, NOT the good, hard-working evacuees. Whenever one talks about the evacuees who cause trouble, he or she has to, has to, HAS TO disambiguate between the two types of evacuees.

Channel 13 had a report yesterday saying only 20% of the evacuees here are working and 74% make less than 14,000/yr. Just hard to believe!

Channel 13 had a report yesterday saying only 20% of the evacuees here are working and 74% make less than 14,000/yr. Just hard to believe!

Is that 20% of all of the evacuees, or 20% of the work-eligible evacuees?

From my understanding a lot of the evacuees are children and elderly.

The evacuees who are committing major crimes will go to prison. Don't worry too much about those evacuees... :)

Also, a lot of the "bad" evacuees are now raising hell in New Orleans; after all, remember when the National Guard said "hello" there?

• 2 weeks later...

Willy's caravan got busted in Louisiana today. They found 1-1/2 pounds of smoke and some mushrooms. Willy got a ticket, a Class B Misdemeanor. There were several other people on the bus. Edit; This is in reference to Mark Barnes comment. post #3

Louisiana State Police must REALLY LOVE their Willie.

Who else gets a MISDEMEANOR ticket for carrying 1-1/2 POUNDS of weed?!?

It was just citations because of the number of people on the bus. He wasn't the only one cited, just the only one named on the news. The news report I saw said that if one person would have claimed all of the stash, then that person would have been charged with a much harsher crime. But divide that stash between all the people on the bus and you get a bunch of minor possession tickets I guess.

It was just citations because of the number of people on the bus. He wasn't the only one cited, just the only one named on the news. The news report I saw said that if one person would have claimed all of the stash, then that person would have been charged with a much harsher crime. But divide that stash between all the people on the bus and you get a bunch of minor possession tickets I guess.

Yeah, but to take a 1-1/2 pound brick and divide it between all the people on the bus, wouldn't you have to DISTRIBUTE it? :D

Felony... :o

Link Still want to vote for Kinky?

Can't wait to vote for him actually. While Rick Perry was cheerleading in college and Chris Bell was being potty trained, Kinky Friedman was picketing segregated restaurants in Austin to integrate them. He's far from a racist.

Archived