METRORail Purple Line

Houstonian in Iraq

According to the map available in the East End section of the Metro solutions' webpage (http://metrosolutions.org/posted/1068/EE_11x17_040708.197779.pdf) the South East corridor is going to run up Dallas St. and Velasco.

However the map available in the Southeast section of the page (http://www.metrosolutions.org/posted/1068/SEAlign_11x17_V092206.135820.pdf) actually shows a different route, a diagonal from Scott to Paige.

Which one is correct?

Also, when is the time projected to start the construction of the SE corridor?

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply
According to the map available in the East End section of the Metro solutions' webpage (http://metrosolutions.org/posted/1068/EE_11x17_040708.197779.pdf) the South East corridor is going to run up Dallas St. and Velasco.

However the map available in the Southeast section of the page (http://www.metrosolutions.org/posted/1068/SEAlign_11x17_V092206.135820.pdf) actually shows a different route, a diagonal from Scott to Paige.

Which one is correct?

Also, when is the time projected to start the construction of the SE corridor?

Presumably the East End map is correct, now. It has been recently updated to reflect changes to the alignment resulting from METRO's incompetence where due diligence is concerned.

For all intents and purposes, it is unclear when construction will begin or how long it will take.

• 3 months later...
  • 8 months later...
Hey yall, this new map is dated March 31, '09. For those who know the planned routes well, yall notice any changes? Did the U-line always go north of UH?

http://metrosolutions.org/posted/1068/SE_w...109s.264345.pdf

I'm not sure. The stations and their locations are all the same. Yes, the University Line always was meant to go north of UH, while the Southeast Line would follows its boundary on the south side. However, it's not completely certain that the University Line will go all the way to the Eastwood Transit Center. That's why that section of the line is dotted. For this phase it may just end on the west side of UH's campus.

• 2 months later...

biked by leeland and scott today and was surprised metro is eminent domaining the kinda restored house on the corner. scott already has such a wide ROW that it really draws attention. if two lanes plus a wide median causes a land grab, richmond is in trouble.

Thanks for the updated man, why is everything still quiet regarding the other lines?

From what I read the other two lines are just taking a bit longer because they are just a bit more complicated... particularly the University Line. Since the Uptown Line connects through the University Line, there's no point in starting that until they start the University Line.

• 4 weeks later...

I was at the metro office for the east end line about an hour ago. I wanted to see some more engineering type drawings to determine what buildings will be taken out, etc. All I repeatedly heard was "that's proprietary".

Speaking of the SE line, Metro has been staking claim on some properties along Scott St between Leeland and Polk. The wee house on the corner of Leeland and Scott has been boarded up for a couple of months, with yellow Metro papers stuck on it. Two houses about a block down from that were recently moved by Cherry, and I last week noticed another house on the same stretch with the yellow Metro papers on the windows.

I was at the metro office for the east end line about an hour ago. I wanted to see some more engineering type drawings to determine what buildings will be taken out, etc. All I repeatedly heard was "that's proprietary".

How dare you ask for information that your tax dollars were spent to prepare?!? I don't see how engineering plans prepared for a public agency can be considered "proprietary", especially if the project is approved and under construction.

I'd recommend FOIA...but be prepared to spend some $$$ on reproduction. Ask for 11x17's instead of 24x36 to save some costs.

I recall that several years ago there were preliminary engineering plans for the SE line available online through METRO's website.

Speaking of the SE line, Metro has been staking claim on some properties along Scott St between Leeland and Polk. The wee house on the corner of Leeland and Scott has been boarded up for a couple of months, with yellow Metro papers stuck on it. Two houses about a block down from that were recently moved by Cherry, and I last week noticed another house on the same stretch with the yellow Metro papers on the windows.

yeah...i was on wheeler by UH last week. every house on the south side of wheeler is tagged with METRO tag.

How dare you ask for information that your tax dollars were spent to prepare?!? I don't see how engineering plans prepared for a public agency can be considered "proprietary", especially if the project is approved and under construction.

concur. i guess all the land deals aren't finalized but it is a shame that the only thing they had there were basically overview type sketches. we need details by this point.

concur. i guess all the land deals aren't finalized but it is a shame that the only thing they had there were basically overview type sketches. we need details by this point.

I know you're looking for the East End line. I was able to find some plans for the Southeast Line...not sure how up to date these are, since they're dated April 2008. I have to assume there have been some changes over the last 1+ years, but maybe not.

I found this through the "Supplemental Environmental Impact Statement" link on the Southeast Line page. I couldn't find anything similar for the East End line.

http://metrosolutions.org/posted/1068/SE_Corridor_SFEIS_Volumn_II_April_2008.200832.pdf

I know you're looking for the East End line. I was able to find some plans for the Southeast Line...not sure how up to date these are, since they're dated April 2008. I have to assume there have been some changes over the last 1+ years, but maybe not.

I found this through the "Supplemental Environmental Impact Statement" link on the Southeast Line page. I couldn't find anything similar for the East End line.

http://metrosolutions.org/posted/1068/SE_Corridor_SFEIS_Volumn_II_April_2008.200832.pdf

i've seen all the online info. i'm looking for some details like which businesses/buildings will be history, etc.

Tearing up Capitol and Rusk Street, you say? A quick Google Maps search reveals that part of Capitol is a gravely little path, possibly a former ROW of a parallel track.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=Rusk+Rd.+Houston&sll=29.732242,-95.374628&sspn=0.321975,0.534897&ie=UTF8&ll=29.743181,-95.333146&spn=0.000629,0.001045&t=h&z=20&layer=c&cbll=29.743111,-95.333209&panoid=fmY_Pk8fJj_2TXIgut4Xag&cbp=12,88.04,,0,14.7

Are they really gone have it that close to the tracks? The heavy rail, I mean?

I just realized that Rusk and Capitol are also downtown. Houston roads are so confusing...roads generally keep their name even when there may be several gaps in it...

You don't think they have some kind of super-strong material in their windows to deflect bullets, FOIA requests tied to bricks, and the like?

i was surprised the doors were electronically locked, even with metro police officer there.

• 2 weeks later...

Any updates?

I sent a request to Metro via their Website asking for detailed construction timelines. Here is the response.

"Detailed construction timelines are not available. However, if you have a particular location that you are interested in please let us know and we will try to relay approximate construction start dates in your location."

Donna Lane

Stakeholder Affairs Representative

Now I find it hard to believe that timelines are not "available". Did they not have a "groundbreaking"? Or was that just some kind of propaganda BS?

• 7 months later...

Archived