Chic Little Home Improvement Store

What do you all think about having an home improvement store around the Midtown area? Every time I need something for the house, I have to go all the way to Home Depot. I mean something that is not huge, but has pretty much everything you need?

I've been to the paint store on West Gray near Taft (or was it Montrose?) Don't know if they're still open, but they were really helpful.

Thanks for the reply guys! I am thinking of opening a place around there. Real urban like (because that's me) something like an Ace but more of a building materials type as well. Something where someone could get some help on flooring some molding if need be. I am going to be real connected with the community unlike other places.

Thanks again and keep em coming

Thanks for the reply guys! I am thinking of opening a place around there. Real urban like (because that's me) something like an Ace but more of a building materials type as well. Something where someone could get some help on flooring some molding if need be. I am going to be real connected with the community unlike other places.

Good to hear. You might try to get a franchising deal with Ace simply because of the marketing and promotion help they're likely to give you. Did you have any particular location in mind?

We would definately use a hardware store if it were in the area.

Not real sure where at this time. I know I want it to be in Midtown. I went driving around on Saturday to see what was around there and where I could go if I wanted to do work on my house in Midtown. I also took a look at what was missing from those stores. Franchising is not for me. Fees are outrageous and I would be restricted on what to stock and so forth.

• The title was changed to Chic Little Home Improvement Store

Archived