New Places In Katy

Ktex

This could be very interesting. Just about every day, we see something new going up in Katy and wonder what's next. What would you like to see in Katy? Try to be specific, instead of more shopping, say that you would like to have a store like Macys for example.

Let's hear it...what would you like to see open up in Katy?

What do we have enough of already?

This could be very interesting. Just about every day, we see something new going up in Katy and wonder what's next. What would you like to see in Katy? Try to be specific, instead of more shopping, say that you would like to have a store like Macys for example.

Goode Company BBQ

Rajun Cajun Restaurant

High Rise Marriot on the Grand Parkway near I-10

Many Large Trees that grow money! The money then floats in the air within reach anytime I want it.

I think that "The Grand Mall' at Grand Parkway and the Katy Freeway, and "The Shoppes at the Grand" should start begin digging up!.........."The Indigo Earth Project" or in other words the new Water Park at the Katy Freeway between Westgreen Boulevard and Fry Road should start digging up too!! or something like the brand new "Gardens Westgreen" at I-10 and Westgreen Boulevard.

a pavillion like the cynthia woods.

or arent they supposed to build one in that $700 mil development proj in Memorial City?

they need more greenery too and some low income housing near westpark.

...what else?

restaurants- The Palm or something nice along those lines. because the fanciest restaurant out in katy is probably johnny carino's and thats like saying the olive garden is fancy

more landry's restaurants (a more accessible landrys, etc)

a town center like facility

cant think of anything more right now...

Yeah, Cinco Ranch did good with planting all of those trees, but they need to add more around Katy, so someday, Katy will look forested. I saw the trees under the Grand Parkway at Highland Knolls a while back, so they will probably start planting those soon. Then, it will move on to IH-10.

Yeah, Cinco Ranch did good with planting all of those trees, but they need to add more around Katy, so someday, Katy will look forested. I saw the trees under the Grand Parkway at Highland Knolls a while back, so they will probably start planting those soon. Then, it will move on to IH-10.

Take another look at the Grand Parkway/Kingsland intersection. They planted a lot of trees over the past week. I mean A LOT. Not sure how good it's going to look to be honest, but I don't think they were planted for aesthetics. I think it's intended to be more of a sound barrier with as many as they planted.

Time will tell. Hopefully they'll do something with Highland Knolls soon.

restaurants- The Palm or something nice along those lines. because the fanciest restaurant out in katy is probably johnny carino's and thats like saying the olive garden is fancy

Have you tried Bistro 829? It's a very nice place to have dinner -much fancier than Johnny Carino's. I would call it fine dining -don't let the strip center location fool you. I know there are several more that are better than JC. Here's the link to Bistro 829. http://www.bistro829.com/

More parks, green space, community centers, nature preserves.

There is plenty of everything else already. Katy now looks like Everywhere Elseville, USA.

i really don't think that the katy area needs buses...........because then it will look like houston.........only minorities riding them............that would make the katy areallllllllooooooooooook abad

if ya wanted to live in a suburb use yar kar........or else move into a townhome near houston downtown

how good was the food at bistro 829?

You are going to roll your eyes at me (LOL), but we haven't personally eaten there. HOWEVER, we have several different friends and some family members who have been there on multiple occassions and all have LOVED it. My dh and I are going for our anniversary this year. We have a little one at home so fine dining isn't a top priority these days except for special celebrations. I have been inside though to buy a gift certificate for my parents and it was very nicely done. We are excited to try it as many friends have given it great reviews.

We would definitely like to see some nice retail such as:

Cache

Storehouse

Z Gallery

Sharper Image

Visible Changes

and for dining-

Perry's Steakhouse

Cheesecake Factory

PF Changs

Pappadeaux's

Carrabba's

La Madeline

It would be very nice to have these places at arm's length rather than in another city.

some low income housing near westpark.

I can't understand why low-income housing would be wanted. I don't see how the transformation of south Katy into the ghetto is anything to be desired.

That said, I would like the following:

Pappadeaux and Pappasitos

Romano's Macaroni Grill

More restaurants in general

Better retailers in a nicer setting (something along the lines of Town & Country, etc.--hopefully some of the planned projects will take care of this)

I'm relatively happy with the landscaping in the Cinco Ranch/south Grand Parkway area. The overall area of Mason closer to I-10 could use some revitalization though.

I can't understand why low-income housing would be wanted. I don't see how the transformation of south Katy into the ghetto is anything to be desired.

That said, I would like the following:

Pappadeaux and Pappasitos

Romano's Macaroni Grill

More restaurants in general

Better retailers in a nicer setting (something along the lines of Town & Country, etc.--hopefully some of the planned projects will take care of this)

I'm relatively happy with the landscaping in the Cinco Ranch/south Grand Parkway area. The overall area of Mason closer to I-10 could use some revitalization though.

It's not bad at all. Some low income housing might be nice near Westpark. There is already that neighborhood that Seven Meadows built around. I don't think all of Katy needs to become a Cinco Ranch look-a-like, so leave Mason Road alone.

Oh, and that Town and Country thing will be on the north side of IH-10 ;), it is called the Grand, in Morton Ranch's zone.

Edited by Trae

they need more greenery too and some low income housing near westpark.

...what else?

more landry's restaurants (a more accessible landrys, etc)

a town center like facility

More greenery ? Katy is built on a bunch of rice patties, hard to find 100 year old trees around here.

The Palm ? Do you want to build that by the "low-income housing" as well. Besides, everyone knows the fanciest restaurant in Katy, is the Texas Tradition on 90.

How is it soooooooo hard to get to the current landry's restaurant we have ? Takes all of 30 seconds to make the U-turn at 99 and come back to Mason.

Sttom, have you actually ever been to Katy ?

Trae...you are the man with the info about Katy...bravo!

I'm a little suprised with all the replies thus far wishing for more chain restaurants. Personally, I hate chain restaurants and would prefer more "mom and pop" kind of places. One of a kind restaurants. Chain restaurants combined with mall shopping makes an area look like so many others. Personally, I would love to see a one of a kind steak house, one where I know that each time I go there I'm in for a treat. One where you see the owner at the store, an owner who really cares about his customers. One where the servers are not like robots.

Too bad we don't have more places like this...really a shame.

It's not bad at all. Some low income housing might be nice near Westpark. There is already that neighborhood that Seven Meadows built around. I don't think all of Katy needs to become a Cinco Ranch look-a-like, so leave Mason Road alone.

I don't think Hickory Creek (the neighborhood near Seven Meadows) is what was meant by "low income housing." While the neighborhood is not as upscale as Seven Meadows, a quick glance at har.com shows its homes are listed in the low to middle $100s. That is hardly the same thing as the projects.

Also, I understand that everything doesn't have to look like Cinco Ranch, but is the shabby look of parts of Mason really such a great alternative? In a perfect world, everything would be nice AND unique, but in the meantime I'd take upscale cookie-cutterness over a run-down hodge-podge.

It's not bad at all. Some low income housing might be nice near Westpark. There is already that neighborhood that Seven Meadows built around. I don't think all of Katy needs to become a Cinco Ranch look-a-like....

Why not make all of Katy a Cinco Ranch model?! I would imagine that would be what most Katy residents would like. Many people in Houston are moving to the Katy area because of the good land prices and houses going with them. I'm trying to envision low-income housing in River Oaks or Fort Lauderdale. I can't see it. And I say that because it looks like Katy's working to keep an upper-middle class standard of living.

Just curious; are there a lot of low-income jobs available in Katy? And if not, where would low-income residents get the money to live in Katy? Would they work in Houston or Katy?

I don't think low-income housing don't have to be homes in the 80's, like that one neighborhood south of Westheimer and 99, but maybe starting at 100's and ending at 150's. I am just saying let the other parts of Katy development on its own. Like Nottingham, Green Trails, and Kelliwood. They turned out quite nice. Mason Road does not need a make-over. If it is two ugly for Cinco Ranchers to drive through to get past Highland Knolls on their way home, let them use 99 (which needs a flyover ramp both ways).

Edited by Trae

I don't think low-income housing don't have to be homes in the 80's, like that one neighborhood south of Westheimer and 99, but maybe starting at 100's and ending at 150's. I am just saying let the other parts of Katy development on its own. Like Nottingham, Green Trails, and Kelliwood. They turned out quite nice. Mason Road does not need a make-over. If it is two ugly for Cinco Ranchers to drive through to get past Highland Knolls on their way home, let them use 99 (which needs a flyover ramp both ways).

I see. Good point, yo:)

Another question: does Katy have a central business district?

We would definitely like to see some nice retail such as:

Cache

Storehouse

Z Gallery

Sharper Image

Visible Changes

and for dining-

Perry's Steakhouse

Cheesecake Factory

PF Changs

Pappadeaux's

Carrabba's

La Madeline

It would be very nice to have these places at arm's length rather than in another city.

La Madeliene is going in at The Grande (by Cinemark movie theater) last I heard. My mother is a huge LM person (frequents the T&C location) and asked them about it last year. We have lunch about 2-3/month and she oftens wants to go there. It will be nice to have it in Katy.

how is low income housing a bad thing? honestly?

if not at the area south of westpark, which is not all that nice now, then near mortan ranch. honestly, westheimer lakes and the developments near there are no where near the luxury of seven meadows.

they will need to build a ronald mcdonald house too. the new tx childrens (when is that supposed to get started again?) will need accessible housing far closer than around 30 miles. also the new medical center in katy (memorial hermann and christus) will need overnight housing for its guests. a ronald mcdonald house would be a good thing and just think...we get to see barbara bush once a month.

you know what katy really needs...not to be in a MUD district. I mean what the hell!

other places...more overnight hotel/motel space (if the construction of the med centers warrants it).

katy needs for fitness facilities...large ones and smaller ones for those that dont like huge atmosphere (like MAC).

...and house is la madelaine or visible changes upscale? lm is a glorified and exp cafetaria (no if, ands, or buts about it) and visible changes ranks like crap in my book. any place that cuts hair in a mall is low in my book. besides the cinco ranch spa is a better and likely more affordable place to go then visible.

what else?