Houston Premium Outlets Developments

citykid09

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Buyer beware. Some of these "outlet" centers actually make different merchandise for those stores. For example, the Polo store and Nautica store in Katy Mills have cheaper quality clothes that are priced accordingly. But its not the same as they sell at Macy's or Sak's. The real outlets, like in San Marcos, are true to the model of outlets, where they send left over real stock to try and sell off.

Buyer beware. Some of these "outlet" centers actually make different merchandise for those stores. For example, the Polo store and Nautica store in Katy Mills have cheaper quality clothes that are priced accordingly. But its not the same as they sell at Macy's or Sak's. The real outlets, like in San Marcos, are true to the model of outlets, where they send left over real stock to try and sell off.

You sure about that?

There is a new open-air mall at Highway 71 and Beecaves Road in Austin. I went there with my parents over the holidays, and it was nice. The mall was designed to look like an old town square: sidewalks, park benches, facades that look like separate buildings, etc. I question how nice it will be in heat of August; but if the goods are cheap, they will come.

• 3 weeks later...
Seems okay...sure wish there was a J.Crew and maybe a William Sonoma or Pottery Barn for the wife...actually, maybe it is a good thing that there isn't....

I guess they could still add though.

I figure everything you listed will probably come later on at one of the planned centers (Bridgeland, Towne Lake or Fairfield Town Center).

I hope you are right Mr. Football, it would be nice to have some upscale retail out the Cypress way. I think we are pretty much good on grocery stores, strip malls, and casual dining chains...I understand these are needed for other developments but I feel it is time.

Eventually I am going to compose a post without ellipses...

Actually I see less than 120 stores on here so I assume either they'll be adding other stores after March 27th or they'll be adding stores to this list between now and then.

For example, I'm pretty confident that Auntie Anne won't have a monopoloy on the food court - I think I remember reading Jody Maronie's or something like that would be there and I'm sure several others.

If the list does update - I'm sure it will be a lot more exciting process than watching the vintage park store list update with one crap store every other week.

Are you being sarcastic about the Pottery Barn Outlet or are you genuinely disappointed??

Nice segue too, by the way..."speaking of upscale furniture discount outlets, did you hear about the latest US highway expansion funding rumor???"

I would be fine if they didn't widen 290, just build a tollroad and rail, then leave the highway the way it is.

You people are too serious. I grew up in Cypress and my dad still has a house there. Lighten up.

I like Pottery Barn Outlet and was hoping they would put one there. The closest one is in San Marcos.

Actually the last part of my message was actually a second response. HAIF merged the two responses into one message. (notice the spaces in the message) I just happened to hear about the expansion on KSEV 700 this morning. If any of you listened you would have heard it too.

Hmm, just noticed there isn't a Polo Outlet either...as of now, I gotta agree with Wheelnut, not much of interest to me.

Also, we should think about whether this Outlet Mall is a good thing, because I believe most stores will not build a full store within a certain distance from an outlet location. So whatever goes in here as discount, you might never get the real thing.

Hmm, just noticed there isn't a Polo Outlet either...as of now, I gotta agree with Wheelnut, not much of interest to me.

Also, we should think about whether this Outlet Mall is a good thing, because I believe most stores will not build a full store within a certain distance from an outlet location. So whatever goes in here as discount, you might never get the real thing.

Hmm- if that is the case - maybe we can put in a call to Premium Outlets and lobby for an Asian Nail Salon and Spa Outlet store! Yes - brilliant!

...ok, ok - no more comments about Asian Spas & Salons from me for a while. :rolleyes:

Michael Kors and Le Creuset ... my two weaknesses. All of the little disposable money I have will likely be funneled into those two stores.

At least I'll have cute shoes and my cookware will match my kitchen perfectly (the new Caribbean color is exactly the same shade as my walls.)

I'm thrilled! Oh ... and with Harry and David I'll have access to the Riviera pears without having to pay shipping. They go on sale dirt cheap in San Marcos sometimes (when they're absolutely perfect) ... I hope the same will happen here.

Now I just have to fill out a vacation request to have March 27 off so I can be the first one in the doors at Michael Kors. scannergirl needs a new pair of wedges and a purse to match!

Archived