Chicago

A Tribute to the Sexiest modern city in the world. Discuss all things Chicago, from the Number ONE skyline in the world, to Chicago's Chinatown, Chicago's Devon Street (Little India), The Sears Tower, the traffic, the prestige, the culture.

185508343_c358caa1c3_o_d.jpg

16156538_16ac86f35b_b.jpg

224147785_aaaedd03cf_b.jpg

chicago.metroscenes.com.71.jpg

I was Born in Chicago. :D

A Tribute to the Sexiest modern city in the world. Discuss all things Chicago, from the Number ONE skyline in the world, to Chicago's Chinatown, Chicago's Devon Street (Little India), The Sears Tower, the traffic, the prestige, the culture.

The next to last picture is beautiful, but I still prefer our skyline. Ours is a cleaner more futuristic set of buildings that (to me, at least) connotes a greater sense of optimism. We also have a lot of angles from which nearly all of the downtown highrises can be identified at once, whereas Chicago is so dense that many are obscured.

If bigger is better, Chicago wins hands down. But from a purely artistic point of view, I prefer Houston to nearly any other skyline in the country. In fact, without the WTC as a bold signature, I'd even prefer ours to NYC.

I agree that massive skylines tend to lose their asthetic shape and form but even with that, Chicago's wide selection of styles and heights makes it probably the most asthetically pleasing of the really massive skylines (NYC, Hong Kong, Tokyo, etc).

Yeah, I can agree with that.

• 7 months later...
I can see my house from here.

Can you offer advise on where you would take a visitor to see the "historical" parts of Chicago? I have been dieing to go one day and must see the old part of the city. I was reading up on the great fire and see that some of the structures survived, that is my quest. :P

Archived