city/metro planners or employees here?

ricco67

I know that this subject has been brought up in the past, but I can't find the post and it's been awhile since it's been brought up.

Is anyone aware of anyone of decision making rank from the city or metro on this system? I don't think they need to make themselves known to everyone on the forums (or else they will be peppered with constant questions and scrutiny), but maybe to Editor to simply say "yes".

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Why the secrecy, if we are paying their salary, we have a right to know who is listening right? :angry:

Yes and no. HAIF is certainly an unofficial channel for community feedback, but government employees are people, too, and there is a fine line between someone with personal interest that happens to stumble onto something of professional usefulness and someone doing policy research. The ones that I know well are guests and do not have accounts. They are concerned, legitimately I think, that having an active account might be misinterpreted by the powers that be. And they certainly aren't going to be active posters that take stances on various policy issues. That'd be the embodiment of idiocy for someone working in a very politically-influenced job environment. Once someone has made a post from a particular terminal, after all, the record and history of that post may as well be written in stone.

Fortunately for you folks, I am in the private sector. I've got to keep some things to myself too, but am much more free to act on my own behalf. ...or on the behalf of certain others as it suits my interests. ;)

Why the secrecy, if we are paying their salary, we have a right to know who is listening right? :angry:
Yes and no. HAIF is certainly an unofficial channel for community feedback, but government employees are people, too, and there is a fine line between someone with personal interest that happens to stumble onto something of professional usefulness and someone doing policy research. The ones that I know well are guests and do not have accounts. They are concerned, legitimately I think, that having an active account might be misinterpreted by the powers that be. And they certainly aren't going to be active posters that take stances on various policy issues. That'd be the embodiment of idiocy for someone working in a very politically-influenced job environment. Once someone has made a post from a particular terminal, after all, the record and history of that post may as well be written in stone.

Fortunately for you folks, I am in the private sector. I've got to keep some things to myself too, but am much more free to act on my own behalf. ...or on the behalf of certain others as it suits my interests. ;)

That's why in my original post, I wasn't really interested for them to make themselves known (god, bad english!) because of the very reasons Niche' has touched upon.

Although, I've gotten rather curious as to what are a few of the things they resolved. :D

Archived