Outside Inn Ice House On FM 1464

cowboybud

Does anyone know anything about the vacant building located at FM 1464 and the Westpark Tollway (formerly Alief-Clodine)? It looks to be an old restaurant or club...there's a patio area outside with, believe it or not, a basketball hoop. It's right next to what used to be railroad tracks, makes me think it might have been a "Westfield's by the railroad" type of place.

Does anyone know anything about the vacant building located at FM 1464 and the Westpark Tollway (formerly Alief-Clodine)? It looks to be an old restaurant or club...there's a patio area outside with, believe it or not, a basketball hoop. It's right next to what used to be railroad tracks, makes me think it might have been a "Westfield's by the railroad" type of place.

It was called the "outside inn". It was a family oriented ice house during the day and weekends. At night it was your neihborhood drunks.

• 1 year later...

I went there a couple of times. It stayed open pretty much until the tollroad was built. I don't know how old it was - I don't recall it being there when I was in high school ('84-'88).

I'm more curious about the building on the southeast corner of the same intersection. It looks like an old store, but I can't tell if it's still open or not. It looks like it's about to fall down, but there are still signs and stuff on the porch area as if it is still functioning.

• 5 years later...

Bumping for updates:

- The old ice house is finally torn down, They're putting up a metal building on the site.

- Clodine General Store was moved when they widened 1464. It's still there, on stilts. They no longer sell fireworks there; a new fireworks "superstand" opened across the street.

Bumping for updates:

- The old ice house is finally torn down, They're putting up a metal building on the site.

- Clodine General Store was moved when they widened 1464. It's still there, on stilts. They no longer sell fireworks there; a new fireworks "superstand" opened across the street.

Oh man, I had forgotten all about this thread. I drove by there on Friday and forgot to look. I did comment to my wife how much Alief and Clodine reminded me of the Aldine area I grew up in, but totally forgot about looking for the old general store. 

• 7 years later...
On 8/27/2006 at 9:45 AM, Ethanra said:

It was called the "outside inn". It was a family oriented ice house during the day and weekends. At night it was your neihborhood drunks.

I remember they had a small BBQ sandwich truck outside.  

• The title was changed to Building At FM 1464 And Westpark Tollway
  • The title was changed to Outside Inn Ice House On FM 1464

Archived