21 Waterway Ave: Office Building For The Woodlands

yall_are_nutty

• 10 months later...

I was kinda surprised they already didn't have resturants right on the water. That's part of the point of having the waterway right? A San Antonio-ish dining experience.

I sure hope the WOC attempts to make the back side of the Woodlands as nice as what they are doing up front. There is plenty of unused land on 2978 that they have their signs on. We have been asking what they are going to do with it and they aren't telling.

i heard that there was one in the works for 1488. i would hope that they would not build a super target right across from the super wal-mart in your neck of the woods.

with the target at pinecroft center, across from the mall, i do not think they would build one on 1488 near 242 unless they close the one at pinecroft. if 1488 is THE road that one will be built, i would think it would be nearer to the 2978 intersection.

BTW katiedidit, i tried mi luna last weekend at indian springs. i'll give it 2.5 forks out of 5. an average dining experience for a saturday afternoon. one waiter knew how to make a good mojito, the bartender couldn't get it right. the food was hit and miss. i might enjoy it more with out a toddler and a fifteen year old. it seems the tapas experience is for more for drinking and nibbling rather than a meal. the arriving saturday night crowd let me know that the time to come was later in the evening.

i heard that there was one in the works for 1488. i would hope that they would not build a super target right across from the super wal-mart in your neck of the woods.

with the target at pinecroft center, across from the mall, i do not think they would build one on 1488 near 242 unless they close the one at pinecroft. if 1488 is THE road that one will be built, i would think it would be nearer to the 2978 intersection.

BTW katiedidit, i tried mi luna last weekend at indian springs. i'll give it 2.5 forks out of 5. an average dining experience for a saturday afternoon. one waiter knew how to make a good mojito, the bartender couldn't get it right. the food was hit and miss. i might enjoy it more with out a toddler and a fifteen year old. it seems the tapas experience is for more for drinking and nibbling rather than a meal. the arriving saturday night crowd let me know that the time to come was later in the evening.

yeah Bach, its more a bar. The food isn't great, but neither was the food in their Village location. I think Jack's, back in the early 90's, had the best Tapas.

I did see the owner of Nit Noi, opening in Sterling Ridge. He still owns all three of his locations, so their is hope for this one to be a winner!

I would still love to see another Palazzos or high end pizza, italian bistro open in the area. NO more Chilis, Applebees and fast food chains please!

Mi Luna is such a delightful surprise to find hidden deep the Woodlands! (I don't take my kids there because it is definitely more of an adult date-night type restaurant, and my kids would turn their noses up at everything on the menu.) We love everything we've tried on this extensive and very adventurous menu, but specifically go back time and time again for more of the scallops, octupus, squid, prawns, mussels, clams, paella, tres leches, mojitos and house sangria. It's a wonderful place to relax with friends and out-of-towners and the tapas way of eating is to share appetizers amongst everyone, not individual meals. I hope they do well in that out-of-the-way location and that more people venture out to try it. Looking forward to seeing Nit Noi open soon as well. Seems to be a lot of new developments in that area.

i had a delicious "kicken' chicken" pizza from extreme pizza the other day. it has chicken marinated in a spicy ginger peanut sauce, with scallions, fontina cheese, fresh cilantro and mozzarella. it was better than the thai chicken pizza at california pizza kitchen on san felipe/post oak. oh, the villager had a snippet about a new strip center going up on sawdust road (the one with ghastly colors right next to whataburger). there is going to be a vietnamese restaurant there. no name released yet. it will be the first vietnamese restaurant in our area. i'm hoping for the best.

but i digress. they are to begin construction on waterway square early next year. the financing is in place. there will be several more restaurants on the waterway level by late 2006. yippie. i'm still waiting on those damn trolleys. they were supposed to be up and running by last fall.

I had the experience of being at Extreme Pizza on opening day. Having been in the restaurant business for many years, we were very able to appreciate all the things that went wrong that day. The owner's wife had an amazing grace under pressure, and is a true asset to this franchise. I wish them well.

We're getting a new restaurant in this area (F.M. 2920 at Kuykendahl) called Mi Le. Has anyone ever been there? I understand they have other locations in the Houston area. Is it good?

• 1 month later...

i went back to mi luna tonight. i decided to try it the "right" way by meeting a friend, having a couple of drinks and nibbling on delicious tapas rather than making it a place to have a meal with friends. big fun. can't wait to go back. it's a great excuse (not that anyone needs one) to have a drink and sample their huge selection of food. we were there for nearly three hours. it is definately a place to linger. it is indeed a "delightful surprise" to find here in the woodlands as pineda has stated before.

if you should go?, assume you are going to a bar/pub that has great "nibblies", bring someone you want to visit with and sample the wine, the drinks and the food. salsa lessons and dancing thursday-saturday.....check the website.

btw, they have a great chilean red called "santa ema" (i think mine was 2002). i loved it.

back to the original post (sort of)...........i noticed that there is retail space being built between the new waterway building, the marriott waterway and tinseltown. it will be a great connection to the waterway and create pedestrian traffic between the three areas. this new retail will have no parking except for the parking garages at tinseltown, marriott and the new waterway office building. this appears to be the first free-standing, street-front retail outside of the market street development. at last, "infill" development in town center.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

i heard today that churrasco's is going upstairs from "the goose's acre" pub in 21 waterway avenue. if what i heard is true, goose's acre will be on the waterway level and churrasco's will be on street level at waterway avenue.

• 3 months later...
i heard today that churrasco's is going upstairs from "the goose's acre" pub in 21 waterway avenue. if what i heard is true, goose's acre will be on the waterway level and churrasco's will be on street level at waterway avenue.

actually, goose's acre will have the bar upstairs and dining on the waterway level. i do not know where churrasco's is going in.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Bach-

Just came back from Goose's Acre in The Woodlands. We LOVED this place!

Heard that Baker Street Pub is going to go in right next door.

Perfect weather for hanging out on the outside patio.

Best pint of Guiness I've ever had pulled before.

Can't wait to try the Black & Tan next time.

Or the Harp's. Food looked great as well.

Official opening is sometime in January.

My new favorite hang-out place...

The Goose's Acre Pub!

Update:

More Christmas shopping at the mall ends with us at Goose's Acre!

Killer band named Familiar Strangers played the songs I grew up with, including Stairway to Heaven! The woman singer can wail with the best of them!

This time we all ordered from the menu and the food is wonderful, inexpensive and huge portions.

Even though it was pretty much freezing outside, the outside patio was as packed as the inside.

This place feels like a old neighborhood pub picked up from Boston and dropped in The Woodlands.

Oh, and the B&T is good, but nothing beats a Guiness Stout in my book anyways... :blush:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Does anyone have any recent pictures of The Woodlands Town Center and Waterway? I haven't been down there in years, and it seems there has been a bunch of construction recently and I would love to see how the area has progressed.

i'll put my camera in the car. there is a new apartment complex going in on the waterway called "the boardwalk", a new upscale retirement community and more condos. town center is about to have over a thousand new residents.

goose's acre is the first pub/grill to open on the waterway level and its packed on weekends. churrasco's and baker street pub are to follow (baker street pub is open now). last weekend at goose's acre, i met a couple from san francisco who are here to buy property. they were trippin' at what they could buy for a million. the woodlands is on "the map" and it scares me. people are gobbling up townhomes and condos in east shore over 400K. it's freaking crazy. there are still fixer-upper homes along north millbend that are selling for under $120K. north millbend is across woodlands parkway from town center (east shore, the waterway, pavilion, etc.).

Archived