Starter Home: First House Sold in Carlton Woods Creekside

gwilson

http://www.hcnonline.com/site/news.cfm?new...42104&rfi=6

20060817_105014_2_story.jpg

The burgeoning development of Carlton Woods Creekside is now officially a neighborhood with the recent first sale of a featured builder home in the gated community.

Carlton Woods Creekside is a 500-acre expansion to Carlton Woods, located south of Spring Creek in the Village of Creekside Park. The neighborhood is home to a new 18-hole Tom Fazio Championship golf course, said Lorrie Parise, marketing manager for The Woodlands Development Company.

Parise said the estate, still under construction, is being built by Savoy Custom Homes and is situated on nearly one acre with a water view.

The residence will include a stone and stucco exterior, with 9,553 square feet of living space that encompasses five bedrooms, a sunken grotto, a three-story living room, a gathering room with raised bar, six-and-a-half bathrooms and a four-car garage. Additional amenities will include upstairs media and billiard rooms, an upstairs study, a third floor sun deck, a swimming pool and an option for an elevator.

Listed at $2,495,000, the estate at 30 North Fazio Way is slated for completion in June of 2007.

"The homebuyers toured many exquisite estates in Carlton Woods and walked into this Savoy home and were very excited about the amenities and the design this residence will offer," Ron Schuck, sales executive for Carlton Woods, said. "They knew this would become their home."

A new section of 15 home sites, priced from the $590,000's and higher, are now available in Carlton Woods Creekside, surrounding the Fazio Championship golf course, Parise said.

"Home sites are also available in the enclave of Pinnacle Point in the gated community of Carlton Woods, near the Jack Nicklaus Signature golf course," she said. "Pinnacle Point is one of the last phases of home sites available in Carlton Woods. Only 32 home sites are available and are priced from the $290,000's to the $480,000's."

"We have more spec homes planned with different sizes and price ranges from $700,000 to $3 million at Creekside. The new spec homes are breaking ground as we speak. We have a lot of plans," Matt Johnson, director of sales for Carlton Woods, said.

For more information on Carlton Woods or Carlton Woods Creekside, call the Carlton Woods Sales Office at (281) 681-1945.

The Conroe ISD school locator didn't tell me the zoning for the mansion, as the new addresses are not in the system yet.

From what I can tell from the other Carlton Woods properties, the area is zoned to the following Conroe ISD schools:

* Coulson Tough k-6 School - K-6 - http://www.conroeisd.net/schools/tough.asp

* McCollough Junior High School - 7-8 - http://www.conroeisd.net/schools/mccjh.asp

* The Woodlands High School - 9-12 - ( http://www.conroeisd.net/schools/twhs.asp for 10-12, http://www.conroeisd.net/schools/branchcrossing.asp for 9)

Keep in mind that Conroe ISD is experiencing a growth spurt, so this may change as Conroe ISD builds new schools.

(EDIT: The specific section of Carlton Woods described here is in Harris County, and is actually in Tomball ISD! - Like Conroe ISD, Tomball ISD is growing too, so school assignments will change!)

I love how he puts, "Starter Home". Starter home for Bill Gates maybe ?

ha-ha

i think he meant a start for the gated community :P

but sheesh, for that price, i think i'd opt for more land than "nearly one acre"

well, whatever floats yer boat...err, i mean L

I love how he puts, "Starter Home". Starter home for Bill Gates maybe ?

The title of the thread is the title of the piece in the Villager. Not an attempt at irony on my part.

The term "starter" in this context is directed to the fact it is the first sold home in Carlton Woods Creekside, nothing more.

Not sure Creekside is in CSD. In fact, I doubt it. Isn't it in Harris County?

It is Harris County, yes.

The title of the thread is the title of the piece in the Villager. Not an attempt at irony on my part.

The term "starter" in this context is directed to the fact it is the first sold home in Carlton Woods Creekside, nothing more.

It is Harris County, yes.

In THAT case, it's in Tomball ISD. I'll see if TISD has a zoning program.

EDIT: Right now this subdivision is not listed at http://www.tomballisd.net/content/page.asp...39-8ea1b7b675d1 - Keep your eyes peeled for when TISD updates!

And when TISD updates, remember that school assignments may change later on, since TISD is growing a lot.

Carlton Woods Creekside is a 500-acre expansion to Carlton Woods, located south of Spring Creek in the Village of Creekside Park.

so is this in the woodlands? i am not sure where this is located, but sounds really luxurious.

If you head south on Kuykendahl, the entrance is on the left after you pass over Spring Creek. Like the original Carlton Woods, Carlton Woods Creekside is gated and the perimeter is fenced by a masonry wall.

Jeez. This is another one of those cases where if I had that kind of money, I'd be building something that is...well let's just say a tad bit less Mediterranian.

Prairie is my preference. But the market is what the market is. If people wanted French Provencal, people would be building it.

I actually hope to build a bit of a modified prairie in the next couple years.

Prairie is my preference. But the market is what the market is. If people wanted French Provencal, people would be building it.

I actually hope to build a bit of a modified prairie in the next couple years.

Understood. For the life of me, though, I can't figure out what's so appealing about the Medeterrainian style.

Prairie would be refreshing, but my preference is modern. Glass, steel, and concrete.

Understood. For the life of me, though, I can't figure out what's so appealing about the Medeterrainian style.

Prairie would be refreshing, but my preference is modern. Glass, steel, and concrete.

I really couldn't tell you exactly what the appeal is, save for it is relatively timeless. The homes don't look bad, and in my opinion, I'd rather see med/span than more ugly sugarbrick homes. The more new brick I see, the more I cringe. If I ever built a brick home, I'd opt to use reclaimed brick.

I really couldn't tell you exactly what the appeal is, save for it is relatively timeless. The homes don't look bad, and in my opinion, I'd rather see med/span than more ugly sugarbrick homes. The more new brick I see, the more I cringe. If I ever built a brick home, I'd opt to use reclaimed brick.

Reclaimed is ideal, but there's only so much to go around. Gets pricey.

I'm sure that I see it dozens of times per day without knowing what its even called, but would you mind giving an example of "sugarbrick"? A picture, ideally.

i like the long thin bricks used on some ranch style homes in the 50's or 60's (i think). i remember a tan or putty colored brick about 1 1/2" or 2" thick and 6" or so long. the bricks are not perfectly rectangle. they have a raised edge in the middle with a natural/rough finish. one home i remember had the grout recessed.

several years ago there was a house with this kind of brick that was to be demolished (in conroe). i explained to the owner that there may be a market for reclaimed brick. i gave the owner phone numbers of people who might be interested. unfortunately, the owner wanted to sell the brick. the offers he received wanted to charge him to remove the brick. he didn't want to pay to have it removed. ultimately, they demolished the house and hauled it to a dump.

i thought the brick was interesting enough to be used as accent walls in a home or garden. i've wondered since, if the walls could have been removed in sections, intact.

i like the long thin bricks used on some ranch style homes in the 50's or 60's (i think). i remember a tan or putty colored brick about 1 1/2" or 2" thick and 6" or so long. the bricks are not perfectly rectangle. they have a raised edge in the middle with a natural/rough finish. one home i remember had the grout recessed.

several years ago there was a house with this kind of brick that was to be demolished (in conroe). i explained to the owner that there may be a market for reclaimed brick. i gave the owner phone numbers of people who might be interested. unfortunately, the owner wanted to sell the brick. the offers he received wanted to charge him to remove the brick. he didn't want to pay to have it removed. ultimately, they demolished the house and hauled it to a dump.

i thought the brick was interesting enough to be used as accent walls in a home or garden. i've wondered since, if the walls could have been removed in sections, intact.

I know precisely what you're talking about. I have a strong attraction to that kind of brick. In fact, it was that kind of brick applied to the nondescript Frank's Grill on Telephone Road that always called to me, begging me to stop in and try it out. It was the best billboard they could possibly have had.

i think i know you better after that statement, niche.

there are some buildings and design elements that draw me or make me feel..........well intensely.

i attended one of the new home shows in the woodlands several years ago. sterling ridge was new and indian springs was being expanded. there is one home i entered and at once felt at home. all the other homes seemed redundant. in this particular home, i had to linger. i could draw the floor plan from memory. i was in this house once, yet i remember it like i had lived there. there are very few spaces i connect with on that level.

i always wanted to be a builder. i now live vicariously through others. B)

Reclaimed is ideal, but there's only so much to go around. Gets pricey.

I'm sure that I see it dozens of times per day without knowing what its even called, but would you mind giving an example of "sugarbrick"? A picture, ideally.

Sugarbrick is the term I apply to the stereotypical sugarland/katy/kingwood new brick homes. Boxes with two story foyers and ugly new brick.

Thanks. I like it. The house is a bit nuts though. The living room has two ceiling heights. 22 feet and 36 feet. I'll take some pics of some of the ceiling treatments as well.

The portico in the front is massive too (you can barely see it because of the trees).

Archived