HSPVA's Montrose Campus At 4001 Stanford St.

grayhomes

http://www.houstonisd.org/HISDPortal/depar...4872298,00.html

This page says the project is still at hold.

Grayhomes, are you looking at 4001 Stanford? (that is where HSPVA's building will go)

* EDIT: Actually 4001 Stanford is the OLD address! I have no idea why the bond page doesn't mention the new address!

Or are you looking at 1101 Taft? (this is where the new Gregory-Lincoln will go)

See http://www.houstonisd.org/HISDPortal/depar...4882212,00.html about Gregory-Lincoln

Edited by VicMan
  • Like 1

What's wrong with the old location?

I graduated there in 1991 and it seemed to be a fine building...

What gives?

HSPVA wants a bigger and better building - It's not like the old location will go to waste, though - HISD plans to move another school into the old building :)

HSPVA wants a bigger and better building - It's not like the old location will go to waste, though - HISD plans to move another school into the old building :)

I live two blocks from HSPVA, but haven't kept up on the plans after HSPVA moves. Which school will be moved into the current building? BTW, I'm sorry they are moving the school, it has been a good neighbor (unlike some elementary schools on Kirby I could name, or that parochial school on Yoakum).

I live two blocks from HSPVA, but haven't kept up on the plans after HSPVA moves. Which school will be moved into the current building? BTW, I'm sorry they are moving the school, it has been a good neighbor (unlike some elementary schools on Kirby I could name, or that parochial school on Yoakum).

The Vanguard High School plans to move in to the old building...

• 1 year later...

I dunno, I always felt that building would make for a good neighborhood grocer. it's the empty lot across the street from it that seems to be screaming for a restaurant of some kind.

As for the construction activity, I thought it had something to do with the street projects going on in the area, like laying down new water mains and such. If something more significant is going on, I'd sure like to know about it.

Drove by this long-vacant lot the other day, and I noticed that there was construction on the northeast corner of Taft and West Grey. There must be a topic for this lot, but I couldn't find it.

I hope they don

The property on West Gray Street near Taft Street was supposed to be the site of a new High School for the Performing and Visual Arts. But when Local 2 Investigates checked on HISD's progress, we discovered the project was canceled. The district has no current plans to build a new school.

interesting development. too bad the houses were torn down.

• The title was changed to HSPVA's Montrose Campus
  • The title was changed to HSPVA's Montrose Campus At 4001 Stanford St.