Thank GOD for Congressman Culberson!

TOMIKA!

Thank you oh heavenly Lord for this wonderful man...

Just had to say it

I agree completely TOMIKA . . . and apparently so does A&E Reprographics - A major business on Richmond. The MAJORITY of busineeses are against Rail on Richmond!

this thread shouldnt be in this forum.... its not at all to do with traffic and transport....

and we all know about him...

seriously, i don't. :blink:

PM a moderator to move this thread if

that's your opinion but i was seriously asking.

i'll just goggle it, i guess.

jesus!

It seems to me that Culberson's policies on transportation are a perfectly good conversation topic on this forum.

So do you guys like him for his pro-road, anti-rail policies or do you like him for his anti-rail, save money policies? Or do you just not like big government and their trains causing traffic accidents and noise polution.

for a god-awful, lengthy, ad nauseum discussion on light rail on richmond (including information about the latest culberson "elect me 'cause i'm a man of the people" antic), check out this link...........THE thread

Oh yes! We went through this in Phoenix just before I moved to Houston... We called it the Trolley Folly.

could someone explain the culberson signs please. i just saw them today.

what did he do and where does the god part come in?

i live a sheltered life what can i say?

Apparently he's our congressman and he's on the appropriations committee and and he's in charge of transportation, so he determines federal funding for transportation and he's against light rail and he doesn't like Houston and he doesn't like Texas and he doesn't like me and you and he doesn't like your mother and he eats babies and he runs over cute little puppies with his truck just to laugh about it.

Apparently he's our congressman and he's on the appropriations committee and and he's in charge of transportation, so he determines federal funding for transportation and he's against light rail and he doesn't like Houston and he doesn't like Texas and he doesn't like me and you and he doesn't like your mother and he eats babies and he runs over cute little puppies with his truck just to laugh about it.

There just might be some exaggerations in the quoted post. He is a congressman from Houston. He is on the appropriations committee for transportation. He is a conservative Republican. He is not against Light Rail, he is against Light Rail on Richmond where his constituents have snet over 2,000 letters 90% of which are against Rail on Richmond. He loves Houston and Texas. He probably does not like Double L, espescially if the L's stand for Leftist Liberal. He has steadfastly stood against rail on Richmond in the face of opposition from outside his district to support the wishes of his constituency.

THe Thank God for Culberson signs are a response by the anti-rail on Richmond group, and to my knowledge have only appeared on the properties of businesses that are opposed to rail. I have not seen one in Afton Oaks as yet.

Go read the other thread. You're only going to find post like this here.

Well if we're not going to put the rail in the location where it will recieve the highest ridership then it shouldn't be done and to follow your constituency's opinion at the moment instead of a cities entire future public transportation design is extremist.

There just might be some exaggerations in the quoted post. He is a congressman from Houston. He is on the appropriations committee for transportation. He is a conservative Republican. He is not against Light Rail, he is against Light Rail on Richmond where his constituents have snet over 2,000 letters 90% of which are against Rail on Richmond. He loves Houston and Texas. He probably does not like Double L, espescially if the L's stand for Leftist Liberal. He has steadfastly stood against rail on Richmond in the face of opposition from outside his district to support the wishes of his constituency.

THe Thank God for Culberson signs are a response by the anti-rail on Richmond group, and to my knowledge have only appeared on the properties of businesses that are opposed to rail. I have not seen one in Afton Oaks as yet.

then you should go out and double check, because i just drove by 10 minutes ago, and there are a couple of them there.

did i mention that a saw it as i was turning left on richmond after cutting through again?

;)

All I gotta say is... Thank you JESUS CHRIST, MARY, and THE HOLY SPIRIT for Congressman Culberson!

Oh, Holy Spirit, this humble man you gave us has come down from Heaven to deliver us from the EVIL...of those poor people that ride public transportation. GOD, in all your holiness, SAAAAAVE USSSSS! Can I get a "Praise the Lord?!!!!"

Thank GOD!

All I gotta say is... Thank you JESUS CHRIST, MARY, and THE HOLY SPIRIT for Congressman Culberson!

Oh, Holy Spirit, this humble man you gave us has come down from Heaven to deliver us from the EVIL...of those poor people that ride public transportation. GOD, in all your holiness, SAAAAAVE USSSSS! Can I get a "Praise the Lord?!!!!"

Thank GOD!

Poor people that ride public transportation? What kind of Christian are you??

Thank GOD!

.....ummm WHAT? is that sarcasm?

I'm actually being sarcastic, sorry. I'm just so flabbergasted that signs thanking God for a politician are appearing in a light rail debate. This is so utterly low I can't even begin to understand the stupidity and obvious sacrilege of the signs. I'm very offended to say the least!

I'm actually being sarcastic, sorry. I'm just so flabbergasted that signs thanking God for a politician are appearing in a light rail debate. This is so utterly low I can't even begin to understand the stupidity and obvious sacrilege of the signs. I'm very offended to say the least!

Oh okay, I thought you were on of "them." :D

Archived