I Thought This Was A Joke...

pineda

Santa, are you listening? I want one!

This is the toy in question:

IMPLOSION TOY IS NOW AVAILABLE!

Implosionworld.com, in partnership with American Toy & Invention Corp., is pleased to announce the debut of the world's first "implosion-like" demolition toy.

Advanced Engineering contains enough structural building elements to construct a 4-story building, as well as a rack-bar type plunger and a timing plate that allows for controlled collapse in any direction. The toy is recommended for ages 5 and over. (You will note from the photos below that the toy is completely re-usable, and contains no actual explosives of any kind).

Also available as separately-ordered accessories are 144-piece Gothic Stone, Red Brick, or Modern Black Glass facades.

Maybe this is a 'guy thing', but I think it's utterly cool, and would love to have had one when I was a kid. I did have a toy car which could be carefully assembled, and when its front bumper hit something it'd explode into pieces - to be reassembled, ad nauseum...

There was a thread on the old forum which deserves to be revived - favorite architectural toys (Lincoln Logs, Legos, etc.)

Maybe if we all get one for each developer/city official/etc. in Houston, they'll stop tearing down all the nice historic buildings.

:lol:

Heck, I won't utter about the past, I'll buy one for myself as soon as they hit the shelfs! :unsure: lol...

Well, no one should be offended by it, until they come out with a "Terrorist Attack Set!" :rolleyes:

Archived