Historic Houston Music

isuredid

I wanted to start a new thread about music in Houston to talk about great clubs , best concerts, Houston muic trivia, good music memories, etc..

Here is my initial trivia contribution. I grew up in East End close to Kuhlmann's gully in the Luke Moore survey. Across the gully on Brock street and down the road from Produce Row was the Gold Star recording studio (now Sugar Hill) where The Big Bopper recored "Chantilly Lace".

Sort of off-topic, but my brother lives two houses down from the son of the Big Bopper. He gave my brother one of his CDs. (He has a band.)

I wanted to start a new thread about music in Houston to talk about great clubs , best concerts, Houston muic trivia, good music memories, etc..

Here is my initial trivia contribution. I grew up in East End close to Kuhlmann's gully in the Luke Moore survey. Across the gully on Brock street and down the road from Produce Row was the Gold Star recording studio (now Sugar Hill) where The Big Bopper recored "Chantilly Lace".

[/quote

If you are talking about nightclubs, Shanghi Reds was a fun place. The Fast and Cool Club was also fun. They had "Go-Go" dancers, even though it was the 90's. There was a club in Clear Lake called the Junction that was fun.

• The title was changed to Historic Houston Music

Archived