Terror Plot Foiled

Just a little worried you may be too drunk to handle that big bad weapon you have there against all those mean ol' terrorists and fellow Americans.

Dont start the drunk stuff again. Thats something you are incapable of knowing and will never know. Dont resort to lies to try and shoot garbage in my direction. I have given you plenty of legitimate stuff here......

Some people........

Now again, how will what you are saying kill and stop terrorist from attacking the USA?

Odd how moonie and DJ were in the same military. I guess DJ just paid better attention?

Hey we were not in the same military. The differences are night and day. If we were in the same military, i would still be there pushing for an "end all solution" to Americas enemies, especially those that attack us on our soil.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Are you completely off your rocker? I was in harms way for many years genius! My military service placed me at ground zero.

I'm not sure that sitting in a sub in Antarctica, guarding Admiral Byrd's flag from flag burners quite qualifies as ground zero.

Be that as it may, I'm a bit surprised (and amused) at your simplistic view of world politics. But, it's fun to read your rants anyway.

If we were in the same military, i would still be there pushing for an "end all solution" to Americas enemies, especially those that attack us on our soil.

"end all solution". That's a good way to put it. Because it would end all. Including us!!! Just curious. If you saw a roach on the sidewalk would you simply step on it or would you run to the garage and get a sledge-hammer?

"end all solution". That's a good way to put it. Because it would end all. Including us!!! Just curious. When you see a roach on the sidewalk would you simply step on it or would you run to the garage and get a sledge-hammer?

He'd grab his 5th of scotch, his 50mm and put that bad boy away!!!

BTW, he'd be hilarious if what he says wasn't so pathetic.

I'm not sure that sitting in a sub in Antarctica, guarding Admiral Byrd's flag from flag burners quite qualifies as ground zero.

Be that as it may, I'm a bit surprised (and amused) at your simplistic view of world politics. But, it's fun to read your rants anyway.

HEY HEY. :P:P I missed being on the submarine, the most survival weapons system in the US arsenal. My final years were spent in strategic planning and execution. People in those areas were living day to day in the cross hairs of enemy weaponry. I had every intention on being there for at very minimum 30yrs. Mr Clinton had other plans..."demented and belligerent" old Cold War warriors were not a part of his military planning and vision :(:(:(

And once again, politics are not my thing.

"end all solution". That's a good way to put it. Because it would end all. Including us!!! Just curious. If you saw a roach on the sidewalk would you simply step on it or would you run to the garage and get a sledge-hammer?

*Simpson Bully's HAA-HAA*

Equating blowing up Islamists to stepping on roaches.

I love it.

Hyping the terror plot and the fact that it was thwarted was to keep the American populace under control, and stop the wave of independent-minded voting behavior that seems to have arisen in the Connecticut primary.

I'm glad that people are becoming more independent and rejecting these war-supporting Dems like Lieberman. They'll reject all the Republicans too.

I'm sick of the system trying to polarize our nation, thus weakening it, and thus taking away our sovereignty. Dems and Republicans are the same coin.

Even if I am proud that the plot was stopped, why give the Republicans credit? I heard the British foiled the plot!

Even if I am proud that the plot was stopped, why give the Republicans credit? I heard the British foiled the plot!

Please refer to the post above yours Vic, the Reps. are praising the Britsh for stopping it, where as the Dems. are being closed mouthed, because they believe that maybe the threat wasn't as "real" as the Reps. would have you believe.

Please refer to the post above yours Vic, the Reps. are praising the Britsh for stopping it, where as the Dems. are being closed mouthed, because they believe that maybe the threat wasn't as "real" as the Reps. would have you believe.

The Dems are being closed mouthed? Why because Fox didn't report otherwise? I'm sure they are giving the Brits just as much credit. If Hillary would say "hey Brits, great job" or something to that affect who would report it? It's non-news. Typical, just typical. Take something like a foiled terrorist plot that is nothing but good news and throw a partisan spin to it.

Sorry for misreading this..

Anyway, this plot is very similar to the Operation Bojinka plot - a plot to blow up 11 airliners over the Pacific Ocean in 1995.

Sounds to me that Republicans are trying to force their way in front of the cameras to steal some of the British thunder for a job well done.

Who does that remind me of.....

.....oh yeah, Sheila Jackson Lee!

I think we need to form an investigative committee to make sure no civil liberties were violated in the investigation of these terrorists, and to make sure the letter of the law was followed. It would have been a shame had any lives been lost, but God forbid anyone’s personal freedoms were compromised.

And DJ im suprised at you. A former Army man. You of all people should know how clever it is strategy wise by targeting an entire group of people for the mistakes of a few. Do you not remember that in bootcamp? Or does the "modern" military not participate in that?

One jackass drills wrong or doesnt dress his rack properly and all others are punished. Leads to a group effort to either improve all together and not make mistakes to get punished, or it leads to the group beating the hell out of the person or persons causing the problem in order for them not to be punished again.

Very effective!

Yea, I should be ashamed of myself. I'm going to hell for being a soilder that believes in diplomacy, ain't I?! I didn't do my job when I was a soilder because I believe innocent people deserve to live, huh?

People in the Army are in training to work together as a team, not to create genocide, yo

Yea, I should be ashamed of myself. I'm going to hell for being a soilder that believes in diplomacy, ain't I?! I didn't do my job when I was a soilder because I believe innocent people deserve to live, huh?

Yes, DJ, you are going to hell for that. Say hello to Colin Powell when you get there.

Oh, and I'll be outside, by the pool. Come by and say Hi. :D

The Dems are being closed mouthed? Why because Fox didn't report otherwise? I'm sure they are giving the Brits just as much credit. If Hillary would say "hey Brits, great job" or something to that affect who would report it? It's non-news. Typical, just typical. Take something like a foiled terrorist plot that is nothing but good news and throw a partisan spin to it.

You know full well, that CBS and CNN would do nothing BUT play a clip of Hillary over and over and over and over and.................... Get real West. It would be front page news at the NYT and L.A. Times. Who are you kiddin', WHAT"S YOUR AGENDA ?! ;):P:lol:

Btw, welcome aboard Discerning, glad you are here. Just some silly talk when it comes to the USA using a Nuclear solution, I am sure Israel will take care of that, and we won't have to launch.

psssst.......j/k we won't let that happen either. We'll just keep killin Al-Queda, until another "Jihad" rears it's ugly head.

I've been looking around the site just to get familiar with it. I posted twice in the Catholic Cathedral topic so I guess this is my number 3.

I've read alot in this topic and it seems there's a lot of saber rattling and chest puffing. Do some of you guys really think nuclear war is an option? It seems it would be the end of us all.

Anyway, I can see passions run high.

F*** off.

I guess I'm in the wrong place if that's the kind of welcome I get. Too bad. I relly like architecture and Houston. Anyone have a site that doesn't involve being told to f*** off?

Welcome 2 HAIF, and I have no clue where 77017 came from with that comment. Stuff like that is not what we represent. I'm appauled that anyone would say that on here, I can't see any reason why it was said, and you have as much a right to give us an opinion without being personally attacked like that. That's out of line, yo. 2000-point cool point deduction to 77017 :angry2:

People in the Army are in training to work together as a team, not to create genocide, yo

????????

<_<

Well, I guess YOU told HIM! How immature and crude. Maybe you and Moonman should get together and share a bottle. Bore each other to death.

Welcome, Discerning. This is a (normally) good site. This particular thread has things heated up. And I agree with you about the saber rattling and chest puffing. Moonman and "17" just don't like hearing the truth about themselves.

So, please don't think that 77017 is representative of most of us on this forum. There are really some insightful and witty people who participate here. Enjoy.

Well, I guess YOU told HIM! How immature and crude. Maybe you and Moonman should get together and share a bottle. Bore each other to death.

Welcome, Discerning. This is a (normally) good site. This particular thread has things heated up. And I agree with you about the saber rattling and chest puffing. Moonman and "17" just don't like hearing the truth about themselves.

So, please don't think that 77017 is representative of most of us on this forum. There are really some insightful and witty people who participate here. Enjoy.

What is your facination with me? Are you going to chase me around this website on every thread with stupid comments? My goodness. FYI, im not into men, but feel free to focus that energy on thoughts at how to stop terrorist, thats more acceptable in this thread.

You of all people should know how clever it is strategy wise by targeting an entire group of people for the mistakes of a few. Do you not remember that in bootcamp? Or does the "modern" military not participate in that?

Targeting an entire group of people for the mistake of a few in bootcamp is just training. Targeting an entire group of people for the mistake of a few in any forum other than training is about as close to genocide as you could get. That's the point there.

Targeting an entire group of people for the mistake of a few in bootcamp is just training. Targeting an entire group of people for the mistake of a few in any forum other than training is about as close to genocide as you could get. That's the point there.

Point taken.

My point was that it is highly effective. Im not so quick to support diplomatic diatribe that is to date not working. All the diplomatic diatribe does is make a few politicians feel good and get applause for smoke and mirror sentences while not putting a complete end to the problem. Feel good sentences without a massive one-two punch is nothing more than "symbolism over substance".

Terrorist have attacked and are continueing to plot attacks against entire groups of people--mainly freedom loving Americans. Try not to put that FACT on the back burner while embracing ineffective political diatribe.

My point was that it is highly effective. Im not so quick to support diplomatic diatribe that is to date not working.

Terrorist have attacked and are continueing to plot attacks against entire groups of people--mainly freedom loving Americans. Try not to put that FACT on the back burner while embracing ineffective political diatribe.

Let's talk about effective for a moment. Effective is the way al Qaida has been pulling the strings of this administration for 5 years. Effective is the administration invading Iraq, allowing al Qaida to use it for recruitment for 3 and a half years. Effective is the tactics employed by a group believed to number only 500 to 1000, that manage, with the administration's help to terrorize the world's only superpower, even when the plot fails.

THAT is effective.

Now, here's what you propose, best that I can tell. We start by telling every country with a sizable Muslim population, that they are "either with us or against us". Then we start aiming nukes at these countries, many of whom are like Lebanon, so weak that they cannot control the criminal groups within their borders. When Lebanon or the others fail to comply, we drop a tactical nuke on them, a bomb so ridiculously named as to feed speculation that we are the stupidest nation on earth.

Now, this nuke, being not nearly as tactical as implied, destroys Beirut, including every one of the Christian Lebanese who actually support Israel and the US. This does not concern Hezbollah or Iran or al Qaida. They are only concerned with the thousands of Shiites killed in the blast, and, while secretly celebrating the US's faux pas of nuclear proportions, publicly scream for revenge, as this is more proof of the intent of the US to kill all Muslims.

Recruitment of suicide bombers escalates as al Qaida training camps fill to overflowing. The 500 to 1000 al Qaida operatives swell to tens of thousands, all plotting to blow up planes, trains, shopping centers, hotels and other targets, that will have the effect of strangling the economy, as travel comes to a screeching halt.

Meanwhile, the US government is fending off tirades from the entire civilized world, as the economy plummets and thousands of NEW terrorists have been created. As each cafe explodes, prompting more ambulance sirens wailing in the night, al Qaida releases another video or posts another memo on the web, claiming responsibility, and blaming the escalation in violence on the US.

In the Middle East, diplomats and Western oil field workers have long ago gone home. Because the US has now used a nuke on Middle Eastern soil, drastic measures must be taken. OPEC shuts the spigots to any American company. Because the US imports two-thirds of its oil, prices skyrocket. The US economy is imploding. Russia, who never trusted the US and its nukes anyway, shuts off its oil, too. Venezuela, in a show of solidarity, halts oil sales to US companies.

The US govt. is undeterred. Tehran is bombed. TV shows video of the dead women and children. Russia and China threaten retaliation if the nukes continue. The US cannot possibly fight two nuclear powers at once, but remains beligerent, doubting their nerve. Europe, being the Middle East's neighbor, threatens economic blockades. In the States, not only are pacifists and liberals up in arms, so are the poor, the middle class, and American business. In short, outside of a few dozen neo-cons, the entire US populace is rioting in the streets.

In an undisclosed bunker, President Bush looks at Mr. Cheney. "Well, this is a fine mess you've gotten us into", he deadpans. "What do we do now?"

Archived