METRORail University Line

ricco67

i think i speak for quite a few members when i say, shut it. i'm just refering to the snide and clever remarks that are being exchanged.

don't make me call daddy.

have a good contributing discussion or zip it.

excuse me ricco but I did say that I would try and honor the request, and you have known me long enough to know that when I say something like that I follow through with it. We have all (yes you too) gotten off topic from time to time.

Doesn't matter how I feel it is simply a fact. We are a representitive republic not a democracy. Maybe I'm nit-picking but get your facts straight.

consider the nit completely and utterly picked, the hair split etc ad nauseum.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I haven't been here too long, but man, you guys are rough on this guy. (this statment not requesting for an explanation, thanks)

Usually when someone on this forum commonly resorts to name calling, personal attacks and general disregard for facts they usually get called on it. You call that rough, well we all have opinions.

Usually when someone on this forum commonly resorts to name calling, personal attacks and general disregard for facts they usually get called on it. You call that rough, well we all have opinions.

Oh, well I don't really know the history of it all; my bad.

Too much digression about etiquette now. :rolleyes:

They updated RichmondRail.org for those that are interested.

I went to the workshop this past Saturday.

Though Christof and Crossley are interesting to listen to, they didn't really have too much new information that couldnt be obtained from their websites.

Christof is proposing a Cummins 2... which basically adds a stop on Cummins between Richmond and 59.. I'm sure his next blog update will include something about it.

Basically they all just hit on the fact that writing to all your elected officials is still very important... esp as far as station location and potential track crossovers is concerned.

Also important will be in the next few months when they release more details on the Uptown line. What we are dealing with right now is lines (uptown, university, main)as far as money spent is concerned... not routes... and writing in will be very important to ensure routing (being able to right one train from downtown to uptown, having the university train pull into the galleria, etc.) is still very possible... if, people write in enough to get the crossover switches down on the ground.

enhancedroutes.jpg

enhancedroutes.jpg

This mock-up shows that the University line shoots north into Uptown? Is this still VERY VERY schematic or something or are we looking at a positive turn-around into something great in the connectivity between the Univerisity Line and the Uptown Line.

And what was mentioned about the Hilcroft Transit Center? :unsure:

This mock-up shows that the University line shoots north into Uptown? Is this still VERY VERY schematic or something or are we looking at a positive turn-around into something great in the connectivity between the Univerisity Line and the Uptown Line.

No.. this graphic of Christofs is several months old..... the line will definately be running to HTC....

I just included it to show lines don't eqaute to routes.

We should be writing in to let Metro know we want a 3-way crossover swtich where the Uptown track T's into the University track.... that way the possibility exists for every other University Train to go to the HTC and every other one pulls into Uptown.

Likewise.. a crossover switch where University track meets the Redline track also opens up possibilities - Every other train running east goes down to UH or up to downtown on the red.

He had an interesting stat.... of like the 32 lightrail systems in the nation that have more than one line... all but one have crossovers to allow routes to switch lines to make for a more dynamic system.

It adds for much more complex train scheduling obviously... but if most other cities can do it.. we should be able to also.

Edit: Yeah, sorry.. should have mentioned that that was by no means a Metro graphic.

Yeah the map is not a METRO publication.

excuse me ricco but I did say that I would try and honor the request, and you have known me long enough to know that when I say something like that I follow through with it. We have all (yes you too) gotten off topic from time to time.

consider the nit completely and utterly picked, the hair split etc ad nauseum.

Off topic is one thing, but bickering and name calling is something totally different.

I wasn't only speaking to you, but niche' and everyone else involved.

I haven't been here too long, but man, you guys are rough on this guy. (this statment not requesting for an explanation, thanks)

HAIFers are generally rough on those that use invective and lies as a defense for the indefensible. When you have a poster who claims to be from Afton Oaks but is woefully ignorant of Afton Oaks, their veracity is bound to be in question. I would know if my neighborhood had speed bumps; I would know about a multi use development planned for the intersection of Kettering and Westheimer; I would be aware of Westpark-like bridges over RR tracks on Richmond and Westheimer that will introduce continuous noise and pollution over Afton Oaks-something an electric LRT doesn't have the capacity to do so.

"Aftonag" has no knowledge of these things. Niche would probably be more correct saying the emporer has no clothes instead of his chess analogy-but he was enough on the mark to make the point. I would welcome Afton as an easy win at chess but would love to take on niche-as I would find that to be a more equal battle.

Off topic is one thing, but bickering and name calling is something totally different.

I wasn't only speaking to you, but niche' and everyone else involved.

I wasn't name calling and shut up when prompted by Puma. I was describing what I believe to be AftonAg's (and AO's) role in a much larger debate. From Random House Unabridged Dictionary:

pawn

...Westpark-like bridges over RR tracks on Richmond and Westheimer that will introduce continuous noise and pollution over Afton Oaks-something an electric LRT doesn't have the capacity to do so.

"Aftonag" has no knowledge of these things. Niche would probably be more correct saying the emporer has no clothes instead of his chess analogy-but he was enough on the mark to make the point. I would welcome Afton as an easy win at chess but would love to take on niche-as I would find that to be a more equal battle.

In all fairness, the noise is pretty bad. The LRT horn was especially loud just this morning, and I live over a half-mile from the crossing at the South Loop...and it's a really annoying pitch too. I'd have trouble sleeping if I lived next door. Cars, busses, and freight trains don't bother me nearly as much as that LRT horn. ...and this is from someone who frequently sleeps in a house on a high-traffic corner lot along a major thoroughfare in a neighborhood surrounded on all sides by railroad tracks. I know about noise.

I don't play chess frequently. It's too algorithmic for my taste. I like games with just a little bit more randomness and complication to them. Every played Axis & Allies?

I wasn't name calling and shut up when prompted by Puma. I was describing what I believe to be AftonAg's (and AO's) role in a much larger debate. From Random House Unabridged Dictionary:

pawn

And the attacks continue - if you all would have put the energy into garnering support for railroading Richmond that you have put into attaking me the outcome might have been different . . . . Pity that

It isn't an attack. I believe that METRO has used highly-vocal people like yourself and this whole AO conflict as a distraction from much more important issues that would otherwise be in the spotlight. In other words, you and the provincial AOers that have created this stir are pawns, tools, and dupes. Yes, those descriptors carry negative connotation and imply ignorance or lack of intelligence, but I won't make that leap. Even very smart people fall for some ridiculous schemes every now and again.

It isn't an attack. I believe that METRO has used highly-vocal people like yourself and this whole AO conflict as a distraction from much more important issues that would otherwise be in the spotlight. In other words, you and the provincial AOers that have created this stir are pawns, tools, and dupes. Yes, those descriptors carry negative connotation and imply ignorance or lack of intelligence, but I won't make that leap. Even very smart people fall for some ridiculous schemes every now and again.

This is just like Bush using the whole gay married debate thing to distract people from the Iraq war. No digression intended.

But you are right about Metro, it seems whom ever makes the most noise and bring in the most media attention will get action.

Thanks for explaining that. I fully understand now. Perhaps the CIA was involved in this conspiracy also.

While your theory is interesting AO is on record opposing rail as far back as the 80's - so I think your theory ridiculous.

Thanks for explaining that. I fully understand now. Perhaps the CIA was involved in this conspiracy also.

While your theory is interesting AO is on record opposing rail as far back as the 80's - so I think your theory ridiculous.

Between this thread and the one about global warming so much tension is being created. How about we just use this thread to add updates on the project.

I just feel like we are not getting anywhere and it makes it hard to weed out all the information versus personal opinions.

I like to hear people's insights, but I feel like everyone is just arguing more than anything on HAIF, especially on certain topics.

Lets just take a break and revert back to project updates for just a bit? :(^_^

Between this thread and the one about global warming so much tension is being created. How about we just use this thread to add updates on the project.

I just feel like we are not getting anywhere and it makes it hard to weed out all the information versus personal opinions.

I like to hear people's insights, but I feel like everyone is just arguing more than anything on HAIF, especially on certain topics.

Lets just take a break and revert back to project updates for just a bit? :(^_^

I'll second that

No, just a few individuals high up in the METRO ranks. They don't care what AO residents think (or what past residents have thought); they have a wider constituency than a measly 2,300 individuals...unless those noisy few can be used to distract the uncaring public at large and a pesky uncooperative congressman from other, far more important and potentially-contentious aspects...like design, number and placement of stations, traffic disruptions, speed of transit, frequency of service, BRT in areas that had voted for LRT, the lack of Galleria-area service, effects on housing prices in poor black neighborhoods, and of course, the dismal safety record.

Honestly, does anybody here believe that the litany of items that I've listed here (which get practically no media attention or public scrutiny outside of this forum) is trumped by 2,300 individuals (less than 1/1000th of METRO's constituency)?

I think that they've played this well. They make excellent politicians. Now if only they were so good at serving the people...

far more important and potentially-contentious aspects...like design, number and placement of stations, traffic disruptions, speed of transit, frequency of service, BRT in areas that had voted for LRT, the lack of Galleria-area service, effects on housing prices in poor black neighborhoods, and of course, the dismal safety record.

Honestly, does anybody here believe that the litany of items that I've listed here (which get practically no media attention or public scrutiny outside of this forum) is trumped by 2,300 individuals (less than 1/1000th of METRO's constituency)?

So true Niche, so true.

No, just a few individuals high up in the METRO ranks. They don't care what AO residents think (or what past residents have thought); they have a wider constituency than a measly 2,300 individuals...unless those noisy few can be used to distract the uncaring public at large and a pesky uncooperative congressman from other, far more important and potentially-contentious aspects...like design, number and placement of stations, traffic disruptions, speed of transit, frequency of service, BRT in areas that had voted for LRT, the lack of Galleria-area service, effects on housing prices in poor black neighborhoods, and of course, the dismal safety record.

I think that they've played this well. They make excellent politicians. Now if only they were so good at serving the people...

You give them far too much credit. If that was the case how does the mayor and city council figure into it - are they part of this conspiracy theory as well? I am sending an e-mail to Wayne Dolcefino . . . we will get to the bottom of this.

It's disappointing that such an organization would have such glaring mistakes on their website. Youch!

Seems to me they make a pretty good case for abandonig light rail all together, what with low ridership and high costs . . . just a thought.

Seems to me they make a pretty good case for abandonig light rail all together, what with low ridership and high costs . . . just a thought.

I wasn't trying to equate the messageboard-esque spelling with any type of worthiness of their message. Merely expressing my disappointment at declining english standards.

Archived