The Galleria Mall At 5085 Westheimer Rd.

I don't like the Edwards Cinema at Greenway, because you have to pay to park. We need a Nike Town, and most definetly a Virgin Megastore in the Galleria. ESPN Zone works well in Downtown, and maybe like the Marq*E. There might be, any of the stores i just listed, in the works at the new Indigo Earth or Gardens@Westgreen location in Katy.

Whether Sean John Couture, Fendi or Allis-Chalmers opens a new store in The Galleria is a matter of utter indifference to me. I do not intend to spend thou$ands on a new jacket - or hay baler.

And now, darlings, forgive me...but Driver has the Maybach waiting out front, and I'm famished for some Beluga.

I would never Shop at stores like this either unless I had the money to. But what I think is that by having these types of stores they bring with them a certain since of PRESTIGE to the city. Think about only a few cities can support these types of retail and yours is one of them. Just think if Houston did not have the Galleria or any of it's fancy stroes, you would not like that and you would wonder why. Since Houston does have highclass stores you know that the owners of those bussiness see something in Houston, they know the wealth is there.

There is (was?) an empty lot next to Nordstroms.

I may have read it's on the block.

Theres also that patch of Land next to Foley's, The Galleria Parking Garage, and the Williams Tower (Parking Garage, Tower, Waterfall, and Lawn...)

They could really make use of that land if they spiced it up with the Galleria!

"Also, do you think Dillards would go for getting torn down and being put out for 6 months to a year before re-opening though? Big loss for them at that location. It would have to be right after the New Year when sales are the slowest."

I think they would survive, especially with one at MC now, and I'm sure they would benefit having a newer, better laid out store than what's currently there, plus they would now actually be connected to the mall, instead of people having to go outside and cross the street. Also, I was thinking a skyway like the one Galleria 4 uses, with the retail, but I couldn't figure out how to do it with Neimans in the way. Oh, and it should have super keen architecture, since it will be facing 610 (maybe they can bulldoze over that Erotic Zone). If there is open land near Galleria 4 where they could do an expansion without people having to go through an anchor store, that would be much better! I'd have to see the area again, since I can't visualize where the open land is. And I only brought Galleria 5 up because I remember when they were building 4, the developers did say they had plans for a 5, but not for at least 5-10 years after 4 was to open, but that could have just been big talk. I was also thinking maybe they could open up a California Pizza Kitchen for the Veranda food thingie 27 was talking about. I know there is one at Post Oak and San Felipe, but maybe they could close that location, and actually that whole shopping center, and do something better with that land, like condos, office tower, or more of an "urban" retail center (I know, it's Houston, but still!)

I don't care what any of you say Houston would be very cool with a subway running from Downtown to Uptown. So what about floods there are ways around it. There is just something very cool associated with subaways and a urban city. Heres a picture of the subway line in Atlanta. Atlanta is not as urban as Houston but the subway line makes you feel like your in a big and important city.

img_21421.jpg

img_21385.jpg

img_21383.jpg

img_21380.jpg

img_21384.jpg

img_21856.jpg

Look at the downtown tunnels, they work. The only time I have heard of the flooding was back in 2001 with Hurricane .......?

But any was there are ways around this problem.

And Yes Atlanta does flood. But not as much as Houston does. But Houston is improving it's flood problem with deeper bayous.

You could not pay me to walk across Westhemier at Post Oak.

I take Metro to the Galleria area about once a month and cross that intersection and it's really not bad at all if you use the pedestrian signals. I've never felt unsafe crossing it and I see people crossing there every time I'm in the area.

Well, it's a big risk in my opinion, but if the studies were there and it was up to vote - I'd vote yes.  ;)

Glen

Many cities that have low water tables have subways that don't flood. Much of the downtown tunnel system didn't flood during Allison, and the sections that flooded mainly flooded because of a failed bulkhead in the underground theater district garages.

Wait - I think I get it.. The only difference is that Polo has green tags and RL has purple tags - right? I mean, I'm sure that's how the little kids in the sweat shops in SE Asia tell them apart.  <_<

Really.. It's all the same. It's only the suckers that buy this junk that are different.. different from myself and anyone who knows that a $3000 jacket = need for attention.

I didn't come from money, and I still don't have it. So unless I win the lottery, I will NEVER spend hard earned money on worthless crap. Some people just don't understand the value of a dollar.. 100 pennies. I wonder if downtown homeless Joe's jacket has a purple or green tag?  :rolleyes:

Glen

Why do so many people on this forum have such animosity towards wealthy people or just people who choose to spend thier hard-earned dollars in ways that you would not? Why do you have this "reverse-snobbism" towards people who make different choices or who can simply afford to do things that you can't imagine?

It strikes me as odd and ironic that this attitude persist so prevalently on this forum because we are often discussing the merits of, need for, and desire for multi-million dollar structures. Poor people aren't building them. One hot topic right now on the forum is the "need" to save a Mid-Century house in Memorial Bend. I doubt "homeless Joe" can come up with the $350,000.00 asking price or the additional $200,000.00 to renovate it "properly" in ways that will meet the approval of the members of this forum.

And actually you are wrong, Polo and the other lower lines are typically made in third world countries, providing incomes for people who might otherwise have none, but the upper lines cost more because they are likely made in Italy by highly skilled workers. There are more reasons, not the least of which is reputation, but why go there?

To argue that there is no difference is to expose ignorance of the products. Do you actually believe there is no difference between a Kia and a Mercedes Benz? How about between a Perry Home and one custom built by Tyne Sparks?

The differences exist, some people appreciate them and are willing to pay for that difference. If you are not, so be it, but enough with the holier than thou attitude.