The Galleria Mall At 5085 Westheimer Rd.

http://houston.culturemap.com/news/fashion/12-05-13-big-changes-at-the-galleria-new-luxury-stores-moving-in-keeping-the-river-oaks-district-at-bay/?utm_source=sf_facebook

Updates on several stores renovating or moving to the galleria also saying that the new expansion is starting in the summer

Interesting article.  Thanks for posting.  But I cannot find where it says anything about the expansion of the Galleria starting in the summer (or, for that matter, anything at all about the expansion of the Galleria).

I was Just reading through this month's issue of Houstonia. "Secrets if the Galleria". I thought it was an amazing issue until I turned to page 54 (Galleria by the Numbers) where I saw that 2014 would be the year that the Galleria would be torn down. I took some pictures of the page on my iPhone, but I won't be able to post them till I get home in about half an hour. Anyone else know anything about this?

Well some of the Galleria is being remodeled.  But since Prime Property with the Chronicle just announced new high-end fashion/retail stores signing on in 2014 that would automatically cast some doubt on that report.  I tink what you're looking at is perhaps the fact that *some* of the Galleria will be renovated/changed to fit the new expansion aimed at the old Saks location?  Or maybe an old Macy's location?  A 30 floor residential highrise is a part of that expansion, as well as some new space for about 30 new stores.

"When demolition and reconstruction of what is now the Galleria III is complete, scheduled for fall 2015, an expanded Saks flagship will open in the space now occupied by the Macy's facing Sage and other shops."

http://www.houstonchronicle.com/business/article/Galleria-project-aims-to-up-glam-factor-4788137.php

Yeah.  Thoroughly covered in the thread about Galleria expansions.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

http://www.bizjournals.com/houston/blog/breaking-ground/2014/02/vera-bradley-latest-store-to-join-galleria.html

The Galleria continues with its facelift, adding another new store to its roster and renovating existing retail along the way.

Vera Bradley is the latest store to join the Houston Galleria lineup, with plans to open a 2,303-square-foot store this summer. Also new to the Galleria, a joint Topshop-Topman store is expected to open in 2015, spanning 16,500 square feet across two levels.

Several existing stores began renovations this year, with several moving their locations within the mall.

Here’s a breakdown of remodeling in the Galleria that began this year:

• Pac Sun: 4,059 square feet expected to open in May
  • Steve Madden: 2,096 square feet expected to open in April
  • Rockport: 1,318 square feet expected to open in April

Also some new information about the remodeling of the galleria in the article

We've known for some time that Galleria III will be torn down.

Sorry, was responding to something in the previous thread which, upon further note, asked WHEN Galleria III would be razed, not IF. Actually, I'm curious myself if Galleria III will be completely flattened and rebuilt from scratch or gutted to steel beams and rebuilt from there, or if those parking garages will be retained (CityCentre retained the Town & Country Mall parking garages)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Why do you say that? Looks like the area just south of SFA is just right for it. It's where it was going to be all along. There just hasn't been a formal announcement by the developer, I think.

OK that make sense. For some reason I thought the new high rise would be around the Macy/Norstroms wing close to the church