The Galleria Mall At 5085 Westheimer Rd.

Perhaps some of us have a different opinion about theme restaurants than you do. I don't have to touch every hot stove to know it will burn me. Some folks like that burning sensation, others don't. I don't consider either group "closed minded".

False dichotomy. A stove is not a restaurant. Trying a restaurant will not hurt you. FAIL.

I'm not saying everyone should love the Rainforest Cafe, or any other restaurant. I'm just surprised by the number of comments along the lines of "I've never been there and I hate it."

False dichotomy. A stove is not a restaurant. Trying a restaurant will not hurt you. FAIL.

Not a dichotomy; an analogy. Comprehension FAIL. Civil FAIL.

I'm not saying everyone should love the Rainforest Cafe, or any other restaurant. I'm just surprised by the number of comments along the lines of "I've never been there and I hate it."

Really? You're just surprised? You seem annoyed that some folks have an aversion to theme restaurants.

Here's that "holier than thou" I was talking about above.

Exactly. If someone never sets foot in a place, how do they know it's bad?

Just because a restaurant is a theme restaurant doesn't mean the food is bad. In fact, Cafe Discovery (kind of like a Discovery Channel themed restaurant) used to always win prizes at the Taste of Cincinnati and in regional competitions.

Just because a restaurant is a theme restaurant doesn't mean the food is bad. In fact, Cafe Discovery (kind of like a Discovery Channel themed restaurant) used to always win prizes at the Taste of Cincinnati and in regional competitions.

A theme restaurant is not necessarily bad, but it is always overpriced, because you're paying for the "experience" not just the food.

A theme restaurant is not necessarily bad, but it is always overpriced, because you're paying for the "experience" not just the food.

Very good point. But then you pay for the experience at any restaurant, whether it's an extra 59 cents at Whataburger or an extra $30 at a fine French restaurant.

Perhaps I should have elaborated that I have been there. I did not like it one bit. I went to the I-10 Silber location. Horrifying. The waitstaff had no idea what I was talking about... "Mushroom burger with cheese...". ugh.

No thanks. I've paid upwards of $1400 for dinner and this place BY NO MEANS impressed me in the least. Too noisy... If I wanted music there would be one of Bach's cello suites in the background... not some random white noise... ugh!

Edited by LTAWACS

Perhaps I should have elaborated that I have been there. I did not like it one bit. I went to the I-10 Silber location. Horrifying. The waitstaff had no idea what I was talking about... "Mushroom burger with cheese...". ugh.

That's great. I give your thumb's down a lot more credence than many of the others here because you actually tried the place. Nothing wrong with hating it, you and I will just have to disagree on this restaurant choice.

What at whatabuger costs $0.59?

None. I said that you pay an extra 59

Rain Forest Cafe at I-10 & Silber? I don't think so. The first Rain Forest in the Houston area was at Katy Mills. The second was in Galveston. The third will be at The Galleria. Pretty sure there have never been any others.

Rain Forest Cafe at I-10 & Silber? I don't think so. The first Rain Forest in the Houston area was at Katy Mills. The second was in Galveston. The third will be at The Galleria. Pretty sure there have never been any others.

The list of current and former Rainforest Cafe locations on Wikipedia agrees with you.

Negative. There used to be one in the marquis plaza thing there on I-10 and whatever it is now... A long time ago.

Negative. There used to be one in the marquis plaza thing there on I-10 and whatever it is now... A long time ago.

You must be thinking of Jillian's which is now a Dave & Buster's.

Perhaps Red Robin, both start with R's I can see the mistake.

I have been to the one at Katy Mills, twice. I will always give a restaurant a second chance.

Tiger, I think you mean San Antonio Riverwalk.

Edited by TJones

You must be thinking of Jillian's which is now a Dave & Buster's.

Perhaps Red Robin, both start with R's I can see the mistake.

I have been to the one at Katy Mills, twice. I will always give a restaurant a second chance.

Tiger, I think you mean San Antonio Riverwalk.

Nope. I've been to RR. This was across the walkway from the old Cafe Adobe and the movie theater there.

huh, you are kidding me right? :unsure:

Nope. I've been to RR. This was across the walkway from the old Cafe Adobe and the movie theater there.

I've been at the Marq*E Center when it first opened, and Vann's Skate Park was still around.

There was NEVER ever a Rain Forest Caf

Then what was the name of the place across from Cafe Adobe and the movie theater?

Red Robin I know for sure, and yes. . . they was and maybe still is a water fall like decor, but I think that was part of the club before Drink Houston took over.

I think it was Surfer's Paradise.

Edited by Pumapayam

Red Robin I know for sure, and yes. . . they was and maybe still is a water fall like decor, but I think that was part of the club before Drink Houston took over.

I think it was Surfer's Paradise.

RR had some tables and such outside... and that was on the outside corner. The RC (?) was on the INSIDE corner. Right across the walkway from Cafe Adobe. There was a waterfall, animatronic birds, and alligators or whatever. Even had the jungle flora and background noise... if it wasn't that then what was it?

RR had some tables and such outside... and that was on the outside corner. The RC (?) was on the INSIDE corner. Right across the walkway from Cafe Adobe. There was a waterfall, animatronic birds, and alligators or whatever. Even had the jungle flora and background noise... if it wasn't that then what was it?

I think it was Surfer's Paradise, they likely shared the same tropical theming as Rain Forest Caf