The Galleria Mall At 5085 Westheimer Rd.

Also, I think King of Prussia in the Philly area is bigger than our Galleria, but also is split into two areas by an outdoor walkway.  Again, it makes for a hassle because not everyone knows where the walkway is, weather, inconvenience factor. 

Galleria already has a walkway that connects Nordstorm wing. A walkway could work if it is covered (so weather is not a factor) and it is prominent.

My bad. I meant GreenWAY, not Greenspoint.

But yeah, that pedestrian thing. Respect.

I was reading O2 magazine and, according to it, there is a plan to create pedestrain friendly zone/promenade from Sage to 610 and from 610 to Westlayan on Westheimer, and from Richmond to Woodway drive on Weslayan. Does anyone know anything about this?

I was reading O2 magazine and, according to it, there is a plan to create pedestrain friendly zone/promenade from Sage to 610 and from 610 to Westlayan on Westheimer, and from Richmond to Woodway drive on Weslayan. Does anyone know anything about this?

MAD respect to 02 magazine, aaiigghttt?! Oye, did the magazine show any renderings on this project?

Does 02 have a website?

I dont know. I just picked up a free copy at Marriot hotel in Sugarland Town Square! Its mostly about urban real estate. You would find many advertisements on lofts/townhomes/condos etc. One interesting piece is a study about several neighborhoods to determine their urbanity and it has ranked them accordingly. While the author has a PhD in urban planning, he talks about pretty much the same things we always talk about here. I would post the ranking sometime.

In essense this zone would form a sideways capital T if looking at a north oriented map. Any other details mentioned?

No, no rendering, not much details unfortunately. I wonder what they plan on doing but it could simply be continous sidewalk, human-scale lighting, street furniture, pedestrain bridges etc. I wonder if they could expand the sidewalks. Of course, they cant do much about surface parking lots/setbacks of existing structures on those roads.

Havin more than one department store in a mall owned by the same group is not odd. Macy's and Foley's have two clientel to cater to.

Just because Foley's gets bought doesn't mean it'll close. The Galleria store will probably close because its not performing the way they wanted it too. Foley's is more of a suburban department store versus the people that the Galleria tries to cater too

Or mabe just gut that area and make room for smaller stores. or mabe not.

It's interesting you say that because Simon Properties bought the Lord & Taylor space and are planning to break it up into smaller stores.... i think that current space is too small for a Bloomingdale's anyway. A free standing store would be nice though.

• 3 weeks later...
Well your in luck ilovehouston

Bulgari and David Yurman are already opening stores this year at the Galleria.  Having a Sisley Store would be nice.

Another Addition:

Jil Sander

I was in Houston this past weekend, and I made a stop by the Galleria. Saw the new David Yurman store---very nice!! noticed that giorgio armani will be opening up soon. by the way, did Versace close?

The Galleria I wing is experiencing a big reshuffling as many of you can see. Some store will get temporarily closed to allow for the moves.

Everytime get over there they've moved some things around.

• 1 month later...

Is the Niemans that was left after the demolition of the Town and Country Mall going to be incorporated into the new planned development for the location (not the memorial city mall development)?

Wrong again, "google" the neiman marcus town and country location and you will find articles saying that it was supposed to remain, but now it will be closing down for good this fall.

It will not be incorporated into the new developement.

Sorry to break the news, but the Galleria NM, which is going through a wonderful renovation, will be the only one in Houston after the holiday '05 season passes.

Puma is there really anywhere else to put a second location in Houston? Suburban mall or some other project? One Saks one Neimans can Houston support one more of each yes or no? Dallas seems to be able to or maybe they have different demographics up there.