The Galleria Mall At 5085 Westheimer Rd.

The nice thing about Barney's is that they don't carry the same old stuff you see in all of the other high-end shops like Neiman Marcus or Nordstrom. They tend to showcase independent artists/designers or small companies that produce high quality goods, often from American companies.

I agree - there is plenty of room around the area for an arthouse theatre or even a smaller AMC or Cinemark with ~8 screens.

There was a theater on Augusta. I dont recall the reason it closed but surely lack of sales was probably one.

I really dont mind driving from the Galleria to West Oaks to goto the Drafthouse.

If an AMC or Cinemark opened in the Galleria area it wouldnt appeal to me. There's a theater on Dunvale, thats close enough.

There was a theater on Augusta. I dont recall the reason it closed but surely lack of sales was probably one.

I really dont mind driving from the Galleria to West Oaks to goto the Drafthouse.

If an AMC or Cinemark opened in the Galleria area it wouldnt appeal to me. There's a theater on Dunvale, thats close enough.

It was the Spectrum it suffered a harsh blow after TinselTown Started building stadium seating out in the Suburbs.

Then the property was sold to a developer who built luxury apartment on the land

Edited by eelimon

There is also the Edwards at Wesleyan at Richmond.

It's a good urban design of of Movie theater. Garage parking and vertical design.

You must like that place b/c that is the second time you mentioned it on two differnet topics. just an observation. I really like that place too! I am there just about every weekend when the movies being realeased at the time are good!

I like it. I find it's very convenient. I only go on sunday afternoons with friends for the cheaper price. I find that no move is worth more than the $6.50 matinee price. Just my opinion. I also eat before or after the movies. The strip center next the theatre has some good restraunts.

:) They just added a Harlon's to that theater which make it an over all better place to go. :D

They are a bit expensive.I go to the movies alot and they have have raised thier prices atleast 3 times in the 6 to 8 months. It cost like 8 plus for a regular and 7.25 i think for a student tix. :unsure:

• 3 weeks later...
Did you used to shop at Dolce & Gabbana?

Even if he or she didn't, the market for places like those in Houston is higher than it has ever been and to have the only one in Texas again would be great for Texas residents and our wealthy neighbors in Latin America. I know it is only one store, but anything to bring more money into the city.

Even if he or she didn't, the market for places like those in Houston is higher than it has ever been and to have the only one in Texas again would be great for Texas residents and our wealthy neighbors in Latin America. I know it is only one store, but anything to bring more money into the city.

You make a good reason for their return, I seriously doubt that this is why he hoped DG would come back.

Did you used to shop at Dolce & Gabbana?

I didnt live here when the DolceGabbana used to be here I like their clothes they are my favorite label so I buy their stuff either from local boutiques,saks,or other DG stores. and since we had the first in america it be nice to have one again Dolce&Gabbana or a D&G. Whats the big deal if I want one in Houston?

I didnt live here when the DolceGabbana used to be here I like their clothes they are my favorite label so I buy their stuff either from local boutiques,saks,or other DG stores. and since we had the first in america it be nice to have one again Dolce&Gabbana or a D&G. Whats the big deal if I want one in Houston?

No deal at all if you actually shop there. I find it frustrating to constantly hear people whine about what Houston doesn't have. It never fails that when we do get what it is that they were whining about - they still don't go or utilize it.

What stores you have in your malls is not a bragging right.

• 3 weeks later...
What is going in that Lord & Taylor expansion at the Galleria, I heard new stores were coming in? Anyone know which ones?

I work in the Galleria and there is a sign on the outside of the old Lord and Taylor entrance. It says there will be a few stores. The ones I remember include a Borders and a Del Frisco's.

The Borders/Del Friscos expansion is into the former Lord & Taylor space. I think the idea about apartments was being floated for the Macys space in the Galleria 3, assuming Macys is closed.

A Borders bookstore across the street from Barnes and Nobles bookstore, oh god, please stop the madness! I can see bookwars all over this.

I guess Barbara Bush will be happy to see people reading huh.

Edited by Pumapayam

The Borders/Del Friscos expansion is into the former Lord & Taylor space. I think the idea about apartments was being floated for the Macys space in the Galleria 3, assuming Macys is closed.

That sounds like good news. I'm glad the Lord & Taylor project is progressing. Not only do I hope Macy's goes through with the apartment idea at the former Macy's, but I also hope that in that area of the mall at least that there

s a few 24-hour retail in there (newsstands, a small food court or something). I'm also hoping for a movie theatre in that area too.

But at the same time, I'm rooting for a Galleria 6 to come up.

I'm hoping that the Borders will be accessible from the outside and will go far to alleviating the "bunker" look of the Galleria. A nice multi-story glass facade will give the Galleria a lot of curb appeal from Westheimer. I like the renovation of the inside, but I'm hoping that something can be done to the exterior. That intersection is extremely important.