The Galleria Mall At 5085 Westheimer Rd.

********************************************************************************

********************************************************************************

I wouldnt be surprised - besides Borders is (in my opinion) a better bookstore. Anyway its hard to get across the street from the Galleria to Barnes &, so I dont think the location would be to bad at all - they would basically serve two different locations.

Yup. Look at the two Starbucks across from each other, they both do good, you pick which one you wanna go to based on which side of the street you're driving on.

Oh, and imagine if the resident tower they put in at Macy's was 40 stories, and so was the Turnberry, both near Williams Tower, that would look pretty sweet in my opinion.

You know Starbuck's is not all that great of a place. It would be interesting if tea houses got popular in the USA. Or a chocleteria on the Pacific coast of Mexico chocolate is served in cups the size of bowls. There are 4 varieties. They are served from the very hardy to the very light. None resemble what you and I know as hot chocolate, it is a great tasting hot chocolate, serving style from the land where chocolate came from. I would go to Starbuck's if they served that.

you are right - the coffee at every Starbucks is differnt - usually with to much milk (ie weak, or with to much flavor ie to sweet).

But what Starbucks is good for - it provides a comfortable and cheap atmosphere to relax and sip a drink while socializing with friends. It also provides a nice place to go when alone - since there are always people at Starbucks. That is why it has succeded not the food/drink but the casual and friendly atmosphere where one feels welcome to linger as long as possible.

The same thing applies to a bookstore - where you can also relaxe read a book/have a coffee, or study in peace and seldom have a salesperson bother you.

It was just a number thrown out by me when I was saying what I wanted at the Macy's spot.  There are no plans (that I know of) for anything 40 stories.

he's probably talking about turnberry. it's going to be next to the waterwall. they've actually decided to reduce it to 30 or so stories now. no final numbers yet, though. and even if there were, i wouldnt tell :)

You know Starbuck's is not all that great of a place. It would be interesting if tea houses got popular in the USA.  Or a chocleteria on the Pacific coast of Mexico chocolate is served in cups the size of bowls.  There are 4 varieties.  They are served from the very hardy to the very light.  None resemble what you and I know as hot chocolate, it is a great tasting hot chocolate, serving style from the land where chocolate came from.  I would go to Starbuck's if they served that.

I would go anywhere that dealt mainly in chocolate.

B)

I know coco - came from Latin/South America

But correct me if Im wrong - I thought the Europeans really took it and ran...

Ever been to the Chocolate Bar - on West Alabama @ Harzard(next street east)?

That is true but a few people like the rich and the ruling family partook in sweating chocolate coco bean. It was not for the common people, that said what the Europeans did to chocolate reverberated back to the Americas and since the Ruling family was not in power then the common people began to make their version of hot chocolate

That is true but a few people like the rich and the ruling family partook in sweating chocolate coco bean.  It was not for the common people, that said what the Europeans did to chocolate reverberated back to the Americas and since the Ruling family was not in power then the common people began to make their version of hot chocolate

Refrigeration may the hershey bar possible!! Chocleterias seem like a safe investment/franchise trend for the Southwest/West, that's a good one I hope someone makes happens. It would be interesting to get a cocoa buzz....

he's probably talking about turnberry. it's going to be next to the waterwall. they've actually decided to reduce it to 30 or so stories now. no final numbers yet, though.

I kinda like the idea of shorter highrises clustering around Williams Tower, it's such a handsome building and I dont particularly care for too much view obstruction.

TexasBOY. take it easy on the KID. I think he was just wondering why as big as Houston is , Why a CRUNCH gym hasn't thought to open a store here yet and possibly expand their market.

Because 24hour fitness, has this city "locked up" for the most part. I wouldn't be surprised if Crunch and 24hour weren't owned by the same company.