Spaghetti Warehouse And Buffalo Bayou

GREASER

I go jogging along the bayou several times a week, always wonder about the concrete between the Spaghetti Whse and the bayou. On both sides there is alot of concrete with huge posts that look like they are there for boat tie offs? But they are huge and fairly high above the water. It doesnt look like there is available access across from the S.W. I had to go thru quite a bit of overgrown brush to get over there. It does look like it was/is used for something...anyone know???? Will post about the bums down there camping in another post

I go jogging along the bayou several times a week, always wonder about the concrete between the Spaghetti Whse and the bayou. On both sides there is alot of concrete with huge posts that look like they are there for boat tie offs? But they are huge and fairly high above the water. It doesnt look like there is available access across from the S.W. I had to go thru quite a bit of overgrown brush to get over there. It does look like it was/is used for something...anyone know???? Will post about the bums down there camping in another post

Are you talking about Allen's Landing? If so, you're right that these are places to tie off boats. I can't recall anybody EVER using them, however. I've always wondered how the city would respond to a houseboat that decided to lay anchor there.

Hehe interesting.

Would a houseboat in the bayou have to pay property taxes ? Would COH have the authority to tell them to move ?

HCAD has tried desperately in the past to tax houseboats, but snaffus in the way that boats are registered among various agencies can make it difficult to track down the owner. They've gone as far as writing down the name of license plates of every car in a marina, cross referencing with TXDoT, and billing the owners of the cars speculatively. Not very successful, as you can imagine.

By the way, is anybody aware of use fees charged to people who tie off at Allen's Landing?

Edited by TheNiche

Are you talking about Allen's Landing? If so, you're right that these are places to tie off boats. I can't recall anybody EVER using them, however. I've always wondered how the city would respond to a houseboat that decided to lay anchor there.

I saw a houseboat from Florida tied up there for about a week back in 2002.

• The title was changed to Spaghetti Warehouse And Buffalo Bayou