Spaghetti Warehouse At 901 Commerce St.

Is anybody aware of this, or are these people just trying to get in the Haloween spirit?

Spaghetti Warehouse - Houston Named Nation's 6th Scariest Haunted Spot By Citysearch

Thursday October 28, 10:28 am ET

HOUSTON, Oct. 28 /PRNewswire/ -- Citysearch names Houston's Spaghetti Warehouse, one of the nation's scariest haunted spots. Celebrate Halloween with Spaghetti Warehouse and its ghostly, uninvited guests.

"We have had many sightings of ghostly activity," said David Wierman, president of Spaghetti Warehouse. "The building used to be an old produce warehouse, and we are aware that several of their employees died in the back elevator shaft. The rumor is that the families of these men spend their days looking for the men."

"There is activity happening daily, for example someone hears their name being called, yet no one is there," adds Sandra McMasters, the General Manager of Spaghetti Warehouse. "Often the elevator lights will flicker, objects move without any logical reason, and employees see a ghost like lady in a white gown throughout the restaurant all the time. It is also believed that many spirits are present due to the various antiques that adorn our restaurant. I am a believer!"

The Spaghetti Warehouse is located at Commerce and Travis in downtown Houston, and offers haunted tours. An array of antiques, roadside advertising signs, a real trolley car, stained glass windows and tiffany-style lamps create the environment. The restaurant generates its appeal via a collection of authentic memorabilia and furnishings collected from domestic and foreign sources.

In over 20 years, the Spaghetti Warehouse has served millions of customers, and helped the residents of Houston celebrate countless momentous occasions including Halloween!

Guests are invited to take a haunted tour. Call for details. Spaghetti Warehouse operations are managed by Consolidated Restaurant Operations, Inc. (CRO, Inc.) of Dallas, Texas. The restaurant is located at 901 Commerce Street in downtown Houston.

I've heard many stories before about that place, including how an upstairs dining room that isn't used often frequently has all of its chairs and tables moved around when closing time comes, even though nobody has been up there. Employees will put the furniture back in order and by closing time the next evening the room will be a mess again. Supposedly a ghost is often seen in one of the restrooms and some employees refuse to go into that restroom.

• 3 weeks later...

A lot of people believe that this place is really haunted and it might be. After all it is sitting right on one of the oldest spots in Houston. If I remember right Houston was pretty much founded right there. Boats use to load and unload their cargo and customers right there. I am sure that the spot has a lot of history to it. So if anyplace in this city was to be haunted then that place would be.

I do not think that it is just a ploy to get business for halloween. Ghost hunters have been exploring that place for years. And from a business point of view it makes for some good free advertising.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

It is mainly the upstairs area that is haunted. And about all I have ever heard people talk about is cold spots, things moving occasionally and on occasion a figure or 2 appearing to people here and there through out the building.

I took the Ghost Walk tour and yes, we stopped in at the Spaghetti Warehouse where Sandra mentioned the cold spots & other ghostly happenings. There are apparently several other "haunted" places in Houston which she covers on the tour. It was a couple of years ago when I took the tour and I don't remember much of it now, but it was definitely a fun experience.

Discover Houston Tours

Who are the ghosts supposed to be? Did people die in the building or did they just take up home there because they like the food?
Maybe it was the food what done 'em in, and that's why they are haunting the place?

Maybe it was the food what done 'em in, and that's why they are haunting the place?

I have found a new love for Spaghetti and Meatballs. Is that place any good. I have found that Carrabas, Romanos, and Paulies have the best S&MB's in town. But a place called Spaghetti Wharehouse has to have some good eatin ?? Just wondering.

I have found a new love for Spaghetti and Meatballs.  Is that place any good.  I have found that Carrabas, Romanos, and Paulies have the best S&MB's in town.  But a place called Spaghetti Wharehouse has to have some good eatin ??  Just wondering.

The one in Louisville is still good, but I wouldn't go within a block of the one here. It's just fallen into a pit of despair. I'm not the only one.

• 1 year later...

I go jogging along the bayou several times a week, always wonder about the concrete between the Spaghetti Whse and the bayou. On both sides there is alot of concrete with huge posts that look like they are there for boat tie offs? But they are huge and fairly high above the water. It doesnt look like there is available access across from the S.W. I had to go thru quite a bit of overgrown brush to get over there. It does look like it was/is used for something...anyone know???? Will post about the bums down there camping in another post

I go jogging along the bayou several times a week, always wonder about the concrete between the Spaghetti Whse and the bayou. On both sides there is alot of concrete with huge posts that look like they are there for boat tie offs? But they are huge and fairly high above the water. It doesnt look like there is available access across from the S.W. I had to go thru quite a bit of overgrown brush to get over there. It does look like it was/is used for something...anyone know???? Will post about the bums down there camping in another post

Are you talking about Allen's Landing? If so, you're right that these are places to tie off boats. I can't recall anybody EVER using them, however. I've always wondered how the city would respond to a houseboat that decided to lay anchor there.