editor

Houston sightings

The Brain with David Eagleman on PBS is pretty much all in Houston and has some incredible architecture shots from around town and inside buildings. It's a new 6 part series definitely worth watching. You can stream them online for free.

I had noticed that too and had been wondering what the connection was.  Just Googled David Eagleman:

"David Eagleman is a neuroscientist and writer at Baylor College of Medicine, where he directs the Laboratory for Perception and Action and the Initiative on Neuroscience and Law."

The Weather Channel has had someone down at Buffalo Bayou Park most of the afternoon, primarily near the Sabine Street bridge to talk about possible flooding. Good shots of the low clouds passing through and obscuring some of the skyscrapers at times.

Actually had a good discussion with Anne Olson from the Buffalo Bayou Partnership about the recent renovations and how it was designed to handle flood events.

• Like 2

From an episode of Major Lazer in which they have to defeat a villain in Houston named Double Cup who created a purple drink laced with cough syrup that slows everyone down and "chops and screws" up things.

Edited by JLWM8609
  • Like 3

14 hours ago, ArchMemoH said:

what are houston sightings

Anytime you spot Houston, be it a setting or a shot of the skyline, anywhere but Houston or national news (i.e. If you see a car commercial in another state that features the skyline or overseas and spot a cellular company advertisement and see Houston). Book or Movie setting or filmed in. 

The new TV series 'Preacher' set in Texas and based on the comic by the same name had some shots of downtown as seen from the Bayou in episode 3 or 4.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, LarryDierker said:

The new TV series 'Preacher' set in Texas and based on the comic by the same name had some shots of downtown as seen from the Bayou in episode 3 or 4.

Thought that was the Houston skyline. Love that show. 

There's a new show on Animal Planet called "Lone Star Law". It's a reality show about Texas Game Wardens that shows them at work in various areas of the state. One of this week's cases showed one of the Game Wardens investigating an alligator attack on a swimmer near Baytown. The victim survived and was taken to Memorial Hermann Hospital, where the Game Warden is shown interviewing the victim's family outside the hospital. 

Air New Zealand featured a picture of the Houston skyline in their travel magazine. I guess whoever chose the photo thought we were on a lake and weren't in the middle of a major flood which is why it's of note. Really a non-news item, but kinda funny.

http://www.chron.com/life/travel/article/Air-New-Zealand-travel-magazine-used-flood-photo-10622817.php 

• Like 1

There is a lot of great Houston scenery in the new TV series "Married to Medicine Houston" (a dreadful reality series... I watch it solely to enjoy the Houston scenery)  Bravo TV Fridays, 8 central time.

• Like 3

On 7/27/2016 at 9:23 AM, cspwal said:

I was reading a Business Insider article that swamplot linked me to (http://www.businessinsider.com/theres-a-real-estate-meltdown-happening-in-houston-2016-7) when I noticed this picture

shutterstock_97869437.jpg

It's captioned "Houston, TX" but I don't recognize any of the buildings or the water.  Anyone know where this is?

Bangkok.

Air New Zealand also has a shot of Downtown Manhattan labeled as "Downtown Houston".

• Like 2

I see that Ch. 13 pushed back Dave Ward's final day with the station due to him recovering from open heart surgery.

The I-10 HOV lane is the perfect place to film a car commercial - dramatic view, wide road, and often times low traffic.

On 1/23/2017 at 7:59 PM, Urbannizer said:

Came across another car film on Reddit, this one's by Porsche:

Crazy how the Enron fortress built on greed and lies is still the centerpiece of every car commercial filmed here.

• Like 4

21 hours ago, Montrose1100 said:

Crazy how the Enron fortress built on greed and lies is still the centerpiece of every car commercial filmed here.

I'd pay good money to see a 917K at full chat down Smith Street.

• Like 2

Aren't all three of these Houston buildings? It looks like DG tower in the back, with Chevron on the left and a tower I don't know the name of on the right.

19429719_762441944670_921645438226384280

• Like 1

A queue wrapped around the block for the Kendrick Lamar pop up shop for those who couldn't get tickets for his concert tonight at the Toyota Center.

1VnFz1U.jpg

PhcHifO.jpg

pN5oYMr.jpg

• Like 2

BREAKING NEWS: Kaitlin Monte is the new Primetime Anchor to replace Melinda Spaulding at FOX 26 for the 5:00 PM & 9:00 PM Newscasts.

Spaulding also announced her last day with FOX 26 will be on August 18th.

Had a break in the rain on Saturday morning and decided to hop on the bicycle, spotted The Weather Channel broadcasting from Eleanor Tinsley Park.

AB1j819.jpg

ra0s2Pi.jpg

cDXgj8i.jpg

45C9D8R.jpg

• Like 4

BREAKING NEWS: FOX 26 KRIV-TV Houston Morning Anchor Rita Garcia leaving today after 6 years with the Houston FOX affiliate. 

Where she goes next is a good question.

http://www.myfoxhouston.com/

She announced her departure half an hour ago.

1 hour ago, Blue Dogs said:

Sofia Ojeda back doing the weekend morning newscasts on NBC 2 KPRC-TV Houston. 

Do you mind creating a topic for local news stations? This thread is more for ads, movies that feature Houston globally or nationwide.

• Like 5