Houston sightings

editor

• 6 months later...
Well... haha Its kind of embarassing how i stubled across this. Its, shall we say, and Adult Movie Studio.

fbi9f4.jpg

I'm not sure what the other half of the skyline belongs to, but I see 1 Shell, Wells Fargo, and Heritage Plaza.

I laughed so hard. It made my sheetrocking day more tolerable.

Maybe you saw it while passing by a room that HAPPENED to be showing this.

• 4 weeks later...
Being sober at the moment, I am having a hard time picturing what this may have looked like.

Not sober, and can't quite picture it. So don't feel so bad.

unrelated........... Where the hell was I when The Economist endorsed Obama? OMFG! I guess I shouldn't have let my subscription lapse.

• 2 weeks later...

So I have fallen in love with TLC, and all their mysterious programming (Woman with the World's Largest legs... Bless her heart).

Anyways, I was watching "The World's Fattest Man" or something, and he lives in Monterrey. But He use to live in Dallas, and of all 15 clips or so they showed of Dallas, only about 3 were Dallas, all the rest were Houston!

So I have fallen in love with TLC, and all their mysterious programming (Woman with the World's Largest legs... Bless her heart).

Anyways, I was watching "The World's Fattest Man" or something, and he lives in Monterrey. But He use to live in Dallas, and of all 15 clips or so they showed of Dallas, only about 3 were Dallas, all the rest were Houston!

This is what happens when you're not allowed to flog the interns.

Just saw another one -- The executive chef from Brennan's on a commercial for the Art Institutes culinary program. Looks like it's a tie-in sponsorship for that Food Network program where they take people out of jail and teach them to cook.

• 3 weeks later...

I recorded a program on PBS last night. It was a concert of music producer David Foster featuring artists who've recorded his music. There was a nod to Houston, not by name, but Boz Scaggs came out on stage to sing that song "Love Look What You've Done To Me" from "Urban Cowboy" and the Houston skyline was visible on the stage's giant screen throughout the song.

I found a video:

Edited by KimberlySayWhat

There is a series on UK television called "The Ascent of Money". Tonight there was a segment on Enron that had a lot of footage taken around Houston. Downtown of course, but also along West Gray and in River Oaks (to illustrate the wealthy lifestyles of Enron executives).

In the newly cancelled "King of the Hill", there's been a few episodes that bring the characters to a cartoon Houston. The skylines didn't look quite right, but I think in one episode, they got the color of the police cars right.

Wow, they finally canceled it? There were though a few episodes I liked. I remember when that show came on back when I was in Middle School... somewhere around 13 years ago.

Yea, I remember one when they have to go to a Hospital in Houston... we have so many hospitals, all with names, but this one was simply called "Houston Hospital".

Maybe they didn't want to play favorites with the hospitals... or maybe the writers were just too lazy to do any research on Houston at all! Or maybe I'm just overreacting :huh: ?

Houston is kinda like Rodney Dangerfield at times... We get nooo respect.

Wow, they finally canceled it? There were though a few episodes I liked. I remember when that show came on back when I was in Middle School... somewhere around 13 years ago.

Yea, I remember one when they have to go to a Hospital in Houston... we have so many hospitals, all with names, but this one was simply called "Houston Hospital".

Maybe they didn't want to play favorites with the hospitals... or maybe the writers were just too lazy to do any research on Houston at all! Or maybe I'm just overreacting :huh: ?

Houston is kinda like Rodney Dangerfield at times... We get nooo respect.

Well, when they have Dale in his innertube on the river in Arlen fall asleep and suddenly wake up in the Houston Ship Channel, the writers can probably be forgiven for naming the hospital 'Houston Hospital'. :)

• 2 weeks later...
looks like we'll be on later this 1/2 hr on world news tonight. bad karaoke christmas singing at the airport.

The video is available in on the website. Catch it while you can!

http://abcnews.go.com/WN/

I think it's a great idea. It got some national attention on Yahoo news a few days ago as well.

Check out the poor woman at :38. She doesn't know where the "music" is coming from and looks like she's in pain. :lol:

Stupid Sam Houston race park two guys race-peeing at the urinals made the funniest commercials tv show. Yes, my parents have the remote. But I brought my wireless router to their house to keep myself entertained. If America's Funniest Home Videos or Who Wants to be a Millionaire comes on I'm gonna find some errands to run.

Stupid Sam Houston race park two guys race-peeing at the urinals made the funniest commercials tv show. Yes, my parents have the remote. But I brought my wireless router to their house to keep myself entertained. If America's Funniest Home Videos or Who Wants to be a Millionaire comes on I'm gonna find some errands to run.

Unfortunately, I know precisely how you feel.

Our local newspaper is running an Ad for small business owners to celebrate the # of years they have been in business, I am pretty sure this has something to do with the SBA. Anyway, the background for the Ad is the old Enron Towers. Very cool pic but I don't see what this has to do with small business. I expect this Ad to appear around the country with no credit to Houston.

Houston skyline being destroyed by giraffes in this recent Saturday Night Live skit (at 0:57):

http://www.nbc.com/Saturday_Night_Live/vid...iraffes/810987/

Saw it and immediately thought about this thread ^_^

Saw it too! You beat me to it!

Downtown was shown for seconds, but hilarious nonetheless. Look out for those giant giraffes peeking over your shoulders while in traffic! :lol: