Two cats...

Parrothead

and possibly a dog too... :(

We have to sadly part with my 8-year old cat Stewart. He is a huge cat, light grey and white longhaired tabby-ish. He is so beautiful. He is neutered and he has been declawed in the front. He is SOOOO affectionate and, if you don't mind the hair, LOVES to share a bed with you and loves to come talk to you in the mornings (not too early--only when you wake up). He also greets you at the door, he is pretty terrific.

So, you're asking.....what's the problem?

The problem is that ever since we brought our baby daughter home, he has been PEEING EVERYWHERE--beds, rugs, you name it (and we keep the litterbox SPOTLESS). Rather than dope him up with kitty paxil to remedy the problem, we have decided after a heartbreaking 14 months that he is the one that is going to have to go. Our vet says he is trying to stake his territory, and with the baby and the dog within a year, it's too much for him and he will continue to do this until he gets his way. The alternative was drugs, and I already had one cat on that 5 years ago and didn't like the change in his personality at all...so that is NOT an alternative, to me. The vet said if we could bear to let someone else have him, he would probably stop the peeing altogether, especially if he was getting a lot of love.

This is a very hard thing for me to have to do. Stewart is my sweetie and I have tried VERY hard to make sure he gets enough attention and affection, but it is not enough and not what he is used to. He needs an owner that is either:

A. Anyone over 40 who is single and has no intentions of reproducing

B. An older couple (empty nesters)

C. A nun

He needs to be the ONLY cat or one of TWO. He cannot go to a person who thinks "spanking" is a good form of kitty discipline. Shouting doesn't work either LOL. Like I said, he is a super sweet boy, he has never had a problem at ALL before this. It breaks my heart to think of him not here, but I cannot live like this any longer and he shouldn't have to, either.

Kitty #2 is a rescue. We have had her for about 4 months. She is a super adorable and affectionate black smooth kitten, about 6 months old. She's very funny. We named her Charlotte. Both cats know their names so changing it and the consequences thereof are yours alone :lol: She can certainly go with Stewart if you want two, as they are very good pals and play together a lot. Charlotte has yet to be spayed (she is a female) and has not been declawed at all. She is soooo playful and comical and is just a skinny stick of a cat. She's adorable.

We have yet to decide on the dog...we are waiting until we move to determine whether we have to find her a new home.

For pics of the kitties, please send me a PM.

I am not asking for cash for these sweeties, but I would like to know they are going to a good home, so instead of an adoption fee (which is what the SPCA recommends for classified ads) I'd be super happy with a receipt of $10.00 from any animal shelter for a donation, which you can do online with many of them.

Thank you!

So, you're asking.....what's the problem?

The problem is that ever since we brought our baby daughter home, he has been PEEING EVERYWHERE--beds, rugs, you name it (and we keep the litterbox SPOTLESS).

He needs an owner that is either:

A. Anyone over 40 who is single and has no intentions of reproducing

B. An older couple (empty nesters)

C. A nun

D. Has access to a little bladder bag and stock in Urine-B-Gone :lol:

I feel for you, hopefully you can find someone with a childless home.

Have you ever thought of making Stewart and indoor/outdoor cat.

That would give him a big territory.

He's declawed in the front, so he would not be able to defend himself very well if he got in a row with another cat...but he really needs to be an indoor cat. He's just never been outdoors and I am very afraid of a car hitting him...but he loves balconies and patios, oh yes! :)

He's declawed in the front, so he would not be able to defend himself very well if he got in a row with another cat...but he really needs to be an indoor cat.

My old cat, or I should say, my roommates abandoned cat, is declawed too. He was an indoor cat, because I did not want him tracking any outside bugs in the house.

I never thought about all the cat street gangs. :ph34r: It must be rough when you bump into an alley cat. :o

:lol: it is, it is :lol: We had a cat growing up named Mittens that was an outdoor/indoor cat, omg, he came home one morning with a HUGE gash in his head from some fight with a tom cat in the neighborhood...he had claws though. My dad always used to say "I wonder what the other cat looked like when they were done" ;) My dad sure did love Mittens... :)

For pics of the kitties, please send me a PM.

To enhace the cute factor and get more attention on your kitties, I highly suggest uploading a photo of them on Photobucket and post it on here.

I think you will get better responses since people might impusively change there mind if they are on the fence about making the effort to consider. :unsure:

I have my own site with pics, I just feel weird about posting it in such a public forum.

You should just upload it to a 3rd party site then, you can avoid any concerns about that.

I have to admit though, most of the people on here are actually quite sane. :D

Just a refresh, I don't think anyone needed a glazier or KC Chiefs tickets since no one responded yet, so I brought this one back up so the kitties can find homes. :D

Looks like ProHouston bumped up the game tickets, I guess no one bought them.

What a waste, anywho, anyluck with your cats.

I think they need the extra exposure, so I am bumping this back up one more time.

• 1 month later...
Looks like ProHouston bumped up the game tickets, I guess no one bought them.

What a waste, anywho, anyluck with your cats.

I think they need the extra exposure, so I am bumping this back up one more time.

I have an affection for cats, since I had one too, what is the update, I like updates, they remind me of follow up news stories from the past.

I will PM you a note too, since I am nosey. :D

and possibly a dog too... :(

Rather than dope him up with kitty paxil to remedy the problem, we have decided after a heartbreaking 14 months that he is the one that is going to have to go. Our vet says he is trying to stake his territory, and with the baby and the dog within a year, it's too much for him and he will continue to do this until he gets his way. The alternative was drugs, and I already had one cat on that 5 years ago and didn't like the change in his personality at all...so that is NOT an alternative, to me.

Poor cat sounds pretty confused. I agree, kitty dope doesn't sound like a good long-range solution, although it might make for good short-term entertainment >:) . The thing in the 70s was to blow pot smoke in a paper bag and hold it over the cat's head for 10 seconds or so. Great ice-breaker at parties. :lol: This was in the days before PETA.

I like cats but like not having pets even more. Dogs.........belong on a ranch where they can run and bark their fool heads off without keeping 50 people awake at night. Cats seem to like my porch and yard and they help keep the rats and mice in check. I've probably got 5 cats coming and going every night. This seems like a natural relationship to me. And I never see any litter from them. Dogs, on the other hand............. <_<

I'm making light of your problem but I know you have a sense of humor. I hope you find a good home for them.

Archived