Villagio Town Center: Mixed-Use In Katy

westguy76

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Any body know any news on the Villagio development going in at peek and westheimer parkway? Tenants, schedule, sketches?

There is a Vellagio in my neighborhood that limits up to $200 tips for anything with the ladies. Is this the same place?

Just kidding btw.

Any body know any news on the Villagio development going in at peek and westheimer parkway? Tenants, schedule, sketches?

Look on the La Centerra "thread" in the Katy section on this site for that info. There is some information someone left after they contacted the developer.

Sorry I steered you wrong. It's not the La Centerra "thread". It's the new HEB store "thread" in the Katy section on this web site. Look at "Post 26.

• 4 weeks later...
Yeah I saw those posts but I can't find any other info anywhere. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

I found floorplans and pictures for the townhomes being built there. Keller Williams Realty is preselling them and Brenda, one of the sales agents, told me that they were going to start in the low $300,000's. They are going to be called the Villas of Villagio.

Villas of Villagio

I found floorplans and pictures for the townhomes being built there. Keller Williams Realty is preselling them and Brenda, one of the sales agents, told me that they were going to start in the low $300,000's. They are going to be called the Villas of Villagio.

Villas of Villagio

I found this as well. It looks real nice.

http://www.marcelinc.com/portfolio/project...agio/index.html

• 4 months later...

Just to update regarding the Villas and retail at Villagio, the above link no longer works, http://www.marcelinc.com/projects/projects...agio/index.html is the new one.

From the link:

12 acres with 77,468 square feet of retail/restaurant space with 33,041 square feet of professional office space and 35 Villa Residential Units. A garage parking will provide 225 additional parking spaces totaling 532 spaces.

Also, some artist's sketches and plotplans:

villas.gif

news.gif

New-Image-low-res.jpg

plotplan2.gif

plotplan.gif

The two plot plans disagree slightly on the orientation of the villas. Since they haven't poured pads yet, I'm not sure which is correct. Anyone have any word on tenants yet?

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like they are going to town on the villagio. I see a large parking garage and the retail shops are going up. Does anyone know yet what retailers are coming to this project? They are very close to La Centerra and would be competing for those customers. Does anyone know what restaurants might be included in the villagio?

Just to update regarding the Villas and retail at Villagio, the above link no longer works, http://www.marcelinc.com/projects/projects...agio/index.html is the new one.

From the link:

12 acres with 77,468 square feet of retail/restaurant space with 33,041 square feet of professional office space and 35 Villa Residential Units. A garage parking will provide 225 additional parking spaces totaling 532 spaces.

Also, some artist's sketches and plotplans:

villas.gif

news.gif

New-Image-low-res.jpg

plotplan2.gif

plotplan.gif

The two plot plans disagree slightly on the orientation of the villas. Since they haven't poured pads yet, I'm not sure which is correct. Anyone have any word on tenants yet?

Why are the town homes going to start in the 300's? Isn't that a bit expensive. For that you can buy an enormous residence!

There is actually a market for luxury townhomes that offer a location in a unique environment. These townhomes seem to have lots of extras like granite countertops etc. There doesn't seem to be any other townhomes in this area like it due to the fact that it's part of an upscale retail shopping environment in katy. texas. It's in the middle of an upscale community where property values have been rising due to the strong real estate market that doesn't seem to have an end. There even going to be right around the corner from La Centerra which will have even more shopping. Not everyone wants the big 2 story house with the big yard and big family. Some would rather have a smaller home with less maintenance but at the same time have the luxuries. They might target empty nesters, single parent households, households without children. My guess is that these luxury townhomes are priced in the $300's because they can probably get it. Just my thoughts about what seems to be coming in the area.

There is a huge need for luxury townhomes in this area and for many reasons. For the grandparents that are downsizing and choose Katy to be near family, the need is for 1 story townhouses. When you get to a certain age, stairs are a negative.

• 2 months later...

The info on marcelinc.com states a retail opening date of April 2007. If you've passed there recently, you'll see that it's no where near opening this month. Additionally, I visited har.com and keller williams site, which previously had listings of the villas of villagio. No where on either site is that information to be found. Either they've sold the 35 condos (with no development of them in site) or perhaps the villas have been put on hold. I am curious if they've been able to secure tenants yet in the retail or office spaces, what with La Centerra recently opening and still booking tenants.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

One, affordable housing on the east end of downtown.

The affordable units range from $625 to $863 per month, with the remaining units leasing for market rates between $895 to $1,790.

My mistake. The Canal Apts are old news. HAIF Link I guess she's writing about it b/c it just opened.

Two:

A Houston developer is planning to roll out a series of mixed-use developments called The Villagio, which will cater to mom-and-pop shops, restaurants and small businesses.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/busine...ff/4987343.html

I don't think these have been posted.

• 3 months later...

Went lookie-loo'ing around the Villagio this past weekend. Obviously, it's not opening in October! Spoke with the owner of the Berryhill Baja Grill, he said he's hoping to open around December first. There are lots of 'now hiring' and liqour license notices up in the windows. Lord Byron's Cigar Bar is in the back (hadn't seen them in the tenant list before). Azzarelli's has their sign up and interiors going in. Texas Steak & Sushi (cool combo!), and several other restaraunts.

Looks like the pedestrian exit to the garage will empty out right into a large centrally located plaza with a fountain in the middle surrounded by shops. Very nice!

• 3 weeks later...

It's OPEN!

The Bookworm is selling new and used books, Ya-Ya for fine women's fashion, the DeVero salon is open, and best of all, Azzarelli's had a soft opening last Thursday. Food is excellent, service is friendly, desserts are large and delicious.

Finally, another fine dining option in Katy!

Lot's of construction still going on in parts of the complex, but don't let that stop you from visiting.

Azzarelli's had a soft opening last Thursday. Food is excellent, service is friendly, desserts are large and delicious.

Neighbors went to Azzarelli's Friday night. They also said the food was excellent. I can't wait to try it.

Neighbors went to Azzarelli's Friday night. They also said the food was excellent. I can't wait to try it.

Hi Walked by Villagio yesterday and stopped at store next to the spa and they are building a sports bar called Buffalo Wings And Rings they have lots of wings burgers and lots of good stuff I talked to the manager he was very nice to talk to .He said he is excited to be in katy and this is their first store in houston out of 70 or so nationwide based in cincinnati.He said although it sounds like a bar but its more of a family restaurant that happens to have a bar.I talked to him about Azzarelis he said they are fine dining and we are fun dining a place for the whole family and they are our neibours so I wish them best of luck and so to all. He gave me web link for the franchise www.buffalowingsandrings.com

He said open date wil be end of december or first week of jan hope this info helps all who is waiting for the opening of Villagio Center like ME

• 2 weeks later...

Sweet and Salty in the Villagio opened last week. It's a bakery specializing in Argentinian style cookies, pastries and other delicacies. Also has coffee and a small seating area. Very nice and not so 'sugar shocky' as a French bakery!

Azzarelli's has been 'discovered' and lines were out the door on Friday! Food is still fabulous, but they need more waitstaff. They're trying though, they even tried to hire one of the teenagers in our party! :lol: Hey, even big chains like Chilis with flying squads of professional startup teams and three inch thich procedure manuals take months to smooth out the kinks in a new restaraunt. We wish Azzarellis well.

Berryhill is in the final stages of trim and paint - very cool decor with murals and faux sky painted ceilings.

the siteplan I saw had the townhomes on the back or north end of the tract, I imagine with a private street. If anyone can recall the developer they had a nice website up showing the proposed models. I found the link

The Marcel Group

All this is already located in this thread I see

I've seen a couple of different versions of that plotplan; one with the townhomes oriented left/right and one up/down.

I think that no one wants to be the first to risk their capital 'proving' that townhomes (especially $300K ones) will sell in that area. IIRC, the plan for La Centerra II showed condos along the back; those have been replaced in later renderings with retail.

Or maybe they're just waiting to build out the shopping center before starting on the residential - B)

I've seen a couple of different versions of that plotplan; one with the townhomes oriented left/right and one up/down.

I think that no one wants to be the first to risk their capital 'proving' that townhomes (especially $300K ones) will sell in that area. IIRC, the plan for La Centerra II showed condos along the back; those have been replaced in later renderings with retail.

Or maybe they're just waiting to build out the shopping center before starting on the residential - B)

Someone told me that they decided against building the townhomes at Villigio. Does anyone know if they are still planning to build these townhomes at the Villigio?

• 3 months later...
Someone told me that they decided against building the townhomes at Villigio. Does anyone know if they are still planning to build these townhomes at the Villigio?

The Townhomes are NOT being built. The developer (Marcel) opted against building them and decided instead to sell off the back four acres to a different developer. The is going to be two more retail/professional office buildings, along with a Mexican Restaurant taking the pad site right on Peek Rd.

We're doing the leasing for both developers.

www.atworkinkaty.com

b.

Archived