Woodlands Village In Tomball ISD?

mrfootball

Development continues in new Woodlands neighborhood

Tomball schools looking ahead to influx of pupils

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/nb/spr...ws/4089268.html

By LAURA ISENSEE

Copyright 2006 Houston Chronicle

With house lots now being paved, the eighth and newest village of The Woodlands is on track to open in 2007.

Tim Welbes, co-president of The Woodlands Development Co., said that house lots are expected to be delivered to builders in the fourth quarter, which begins in October, and model homes to be shown by mid-2007.

In the meantime, the signage, drainage and utility work is being put in place.

Creekside Park Village

When the 6,000-home development of Creekside Park Village opens to residents next year, it will be the first village of The Woodlands to be located in Harris County and in the Tomball Independent School District.

The geographical location won't open any cans of worms in terms of public safety, governance or schools, Welbes said.

"If you do an aerial photography, you won't be able to tell the difference. There's creeks, there's roads, we're going to have continuity of our land plan so churches and schools will all be commingled as we've done elsewhere," he said.

He said future Creekside Park residents will receive a resident's manual just like other homeowners in The Woodlands, only the reference numbers will be different.

"I don't think to the consumer the lifestyle will be any different," Welbes said.

New features

The first phase of the development

This new Woodlands development will back right up to my neighborhood: Northampton.

We're in the Klein ISD with all three schools; Northampton Elementary, Hildebrandt Intermediate and Klein Oak High School (which has the IB Diploma Programme), at the front entrance to our neighborhood. BTW, Cunae International School is already enrolling for the next semester at their newest location on Gosling. They will offer the Primary Years Programme (PYP) & Middle Years Programme (MYP) there.

Our Municipal Utility District (MUD) is currently working with Auburn Lakes and Augusta Pines and Creekside Park to create interconnecting hike-n-bike trails that will intertwine with all these areas.

We are excited to see what happens with the "linear park" idea being developed. This will be a benefit to all people in the surrounding areas, including us! :wub:

We are skeptical about the park. Right now, the area is a haven for deer and wildlife. I will hate to see a place made for humans at the expense of the aniimals. We seem to have to drive out wildlife in our quests for fun spots. I may be wrong and hope that I am. Today, one can see the deer grazing in the creek areas and it is very soothing to see them thrive amidst all the building activities. I just cannot see them surviving with the trails and people in their habitat.

If the Woodlands ever incorporates, I'm wondering how they will deal with the new village. I don't think you can legally have a city within two counties, so either that village will not be in Woodlands proper or else Montgomery county will have to slightly redraw its boundaries, which would take land away from Harris County.

If the Woodlands ever incorporates, I'm wondering how they will deal with the new village. I don't think you can legally have a city within two counties, so either that village will not be in Woodlands proper or else Montgomery county will have to slightly redraw its boundaries, which would take land away from Harris County.

This is not true. A city can be composed of parts of several counties. Houston currently has the right to annex The Woodlands, but we probably will seek our own incorporation. The research and decision making continues to progress.

Is there a map that mentions where the village will be?

I may be able to figure out what the zoning would be right now, but any zoning post will have to come with a note warning that new schools may be built, causing zones to change.

What's nice about writing for zoning about Houston ISD and Galveston ISD, for instance, is that zoning rarely changes. The info I give in a thread will last for years to come. BUT in the case of a rapidly-growing district, I have to throw in such notes.

This is not true. A city can be composed of parts of several counties. Houston currently has the right to annex The Woodlands, but we probably will seek our own incorporation. The research and decision making continues to progress.

Interesting. I figured surrounding areas could be in different counties but not a city limits. I really hope the Woodlands incorporates. Part of me wants it to be annexed to show that it's not afraid to be a part of Houston, but then I fear that would be a bad idea for an edge city so concerned with aesthetics and planning. Houston has no zoning, and we all know how ugly Houston can look in certain places.

• The title was changed to Woodlands Village In Tomball ISD?

Archived