Time Warner changing to Comcast

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My uncle in Fort Worth told me that all Roadrunner customers had to change there email or I P addresses when Comcast enter there market.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Is this going to be a problem editor. if so im throwing Times under the bus. :ph34r:

Shouldn't be a big problem. Just like any other time you change your e-mail address, you should update it in your user profile.

There's a slight chance it might make your HAIFing faster at some point in the future because the HAIF server is next to a Comcast network, though not directly linked.

Shouldn't be a big problem. Just like any other time you change your e-mail address, you should update it in your user profile.

There's a slight chance it might make your HAIFing faster at some point in the future because the HAIF server is next to a Comcast network, though not directly linked.

Comcast says we can keep our old RR email accounts-no change required so they say.

I never had to change my email address but thanks for the info. ;)

Comcast takes over Houston market from Time Warner

Comcast Corp. and Time Warner Inc. have completed their previously announced redistribution of their assets in Kansas City, south and west Texas and New Mexico.

As part of the deal, Comcast is now the cable provider for approximately 790,000 subscribers in the Houston area who were previously Time Warner customers.....

more here http://houston.bizjournals.com/houston/sto...ml?surround=lfn

Looks like Jan 1 2007 was the official change over. I have a reduction in my bill, does anyone else here have a reduction?

Looks like Jan 1 2007 was the official change over. I have a reduction in my bill, does anyone else here have a reduction?

Nice. How big of a reduction? I'm expecting a reduction this month, but it was because I called and complained, and got a discount.

Nice. How big of a reduction? I'm expecting a reduction this month, but it was because I called and complained, and got a discount.

We got the reduction because the wife called and complained several times. Apparently there were several cable outages and the internet connection in the rest of the house continued crashing-they use roadrunner. The monthly bill went from $109 a month down to $73 and some change.

We had Comcast when we lived in Boston, and the customer service was fantastic. I think I'll be switching back to DirecTV though, because IMHO cable's HD channels are horrid. In some instances the picture quality is worse than the regular broadcast channels.

We had Comcast when we lived in Boston, and the customer service was fantastic. I think I'll be switching back to DirecTV though, because IMHO cable's HD channels are horrid. In some instances the picture quality is worse than the regular broadcast channels.

Uh-oh! I smell a Dish/cable debate coming on. :ph34r:

Welcome to the forum Jman!

I agree the HDTV quality is much better on DTV. My son has Cable and you can definitely see the difference on the network channels HD broadcast. And I really am not sure I understand why, I would think you would get a truer digital signal thru cable than you would over the Sat bounce. Any short wave Guru's out there that can shed any light on that?

I agree the HDTV quality is much better on DTV. My son has Cable and you can definitely see the difference on the network channels HD broadcast. And I really am not sure I understand why, I would think you would get a truer digital signal thru cable than you would over the Sat bounce. Any short wave Guru's out there that can shed any light on that?

The cable company has to compress the signal more....they still have the overhead of all the analog channels sucking up a TON of bandwidth. They have to pack all the digital channels down into the remaining space. The satellite company doesn't have to worry about the excess bandwidth consumption of any analog channels....they're all compressed digital streams, so they can afford to relax the compression some.

The cable company has to compress the signal more....they still have the overhead of all the analog channels sucking up a TON of bandwidth. They have to pack all the digital channels down into the remaining space. The satellite company doesn't have to worry about the excess bandwidth consumption of any analog channels....they're all compressed digital streams, so they can afford to relax the compression some.

Makes sense thanks...........

That must be why those new HD local channels can have 3 or 4 stations under that same channels now. They each have a 24/7 weather station and one even has a music video channel called "The Tube".

Wow, thanks. I've always wondered the reason behind that.

I wonder if that means people with houston.rr.com will lose that domain?

From what I've heard, yes...

Wow, thanks. I've always wondered the reason behind that.

Yep...that's also the reason they're pushing the digital cable boxes....they want everybody to have a digital cable box so they can get all that analog out of their pipes, and offer even MORE channels/services.

Does anyone know anything definate whether or not we will have to change our email addresses?

I tried calling RR support - that was a waste of time !!

From what I've read yes, email addresses will eventually change. However there will be a long phase-in period during which both the RR and Comcast addresses will work. The best thing to do to avoid that kind of problem is use an address from hotmail, gmail, yahoo etc. instead of from your ISP.

From what I've read yes, email addresses will eventually change. However there will be a long phase-in period during which both the RR and Comcast addresses will work. The best thing to do to avoid that kind of problem is use an address from hotmail, gmail, yahoo etc. instead of from your ISP.

No...the best thing to do is to buy your own domain

Archived