Anything Happening In Lakes Of Highland Glen?

chuck

Good choice of neighborhood. There are many growing up around it (Lakes of Highland Glen is the nicest in the area), which will provide the needed "rooftops" to bring more retail in. For now, the best grocery shopping is at the new HEB, about 5 minutes away up on the beltway. The Kroger on 518 just down the street from Randall's is just okay.

Once more homes come into the area, the Parks at Boulder Creek should get going in earnest. The new elementary school at McHard and Old Alvin Rd. will help bring in more homes, too. All in all, I'd say you chose a really good place to make an investment.

The new section across Pearland Parkway will cause prices to increase in the other sections that are nearly built out now. So, I think you'll enjoy some appreciation faster than you may have planned, too. It's booming in a more manageable way on the East side of Pearland. That's a good thing.

I am from Friendswood, so I knew the area really well. New Pearland makes my skin crawl. I wanted to stay old school and near the beltway. I had heard the old Randall's was going to be converted to an H.E.B. I love H.E.B. the freash tortillas are awsome. I just the would build a Bally's out here.

I am from Friendswood, so I knew the area really well. New Pearland makes my skin crawl. I wanted to stay old school and near the beltway. I had heard the old Randall's was going to be converted to an H.E.B. I love H.E.B. the freash tortillas are awsome. I just the would build a Bally's out here.

How come you don't like the new pearland? is it all the traffic? or just different tastes?

I personally love the new area, since I love the urban feel (if it can be called that.)

I personally love the new area, since I love the urban feel (if it can be called that.)

Where is this 'urban' part of Pearland? Everything I see is suburban. Nothing wrong with that. I go out there to see my buddy often. It's great for him and his family. The traffic on 518 is terrible and I'm always looking for a 'back way'.

Pearland reminds me of Humble & Atascocita and the 1960 area. Or maybe Kingwood, minus the pretention.

• 2 weeks later...

Wrong. The new HEB wil be at the intersection of 288 and 518. Said to be the largest store in the houston aread. I guess your skin will have to crawl if you want to shop at HEB Pearland.

Wrong. The new HEB wil be at the intersection of 288 and 518. Said to be the largest store in the houston aread. I guess your skin will have to crawl if you want to shop at HEB Pearland.

Larger than the new HEB Plus in Katy?

Nope, there is a large new HEB one exit down the beltway from him -- it takes 5-7 minutes to get there driving up Pearland Parkway. It has been open for about 6 months. Granted, it's not technically in Pearland, but it's really close.

No need for skin to crawl over with the newbies on 288.

Nope, there is a large new HEB one exit down the beltway from him -- it takes 5-7 minutes to get there driving up Pearland Parkway. It has been open for about 6 months. Granted, it's not technically in Pearland, but it's really close.

No need for skin to crawl over with the newbies on 288.

Do you mean the "Houston 49 - Blackhawk/South Belt #54" HEB?

Larger than the new HEB Plus in Katy?

Yes, they are comparable stores and the proposed Pearland store is bigger. According to a couple of articles on the Houston Business Journal, the HEB at 518 and 288 will be 150,000 sq ft. The one that opened on Fry Rd is 125,000.

http://houston.bizjournals.com/houston/sto...10/daily24.html

http://houston.bizjournals.com/houston/sto...17/daily39.html

• 2 months later...
Chuck, did you have any problems getting in and out of the neighborhood due to the rain earlier this week? I've been looking at possibly moving to this area. Thx!

Our 'hood was fine, it was just hard getting to it, i came in from 35 off of the Beltway, down Knapp road to Old Alvin, Pearland Parkway at the beltway was way backed up, so we went to 35 and had no problem, it was probably around 5:00. all the 'hoods inside the beltway looked flooded so there were cars all over the place and some of the feeders were flooded. I was in my tahoe so we had no problem and the water didnt look to high at 35, inside our 'hood, it looked like it was just a normal rain, not really any standing water, all of it drained off pretty quick

• 1 month later...

I heard the old Randal's at 518 and Pearland Parkway is going to be Conn's appliance, the Chilis is almost open, there is a strip center being built next to the Chilis, not sure what is going to be in that center yet, they also raised the speed limit on Pearland Parkway, anybody hear anything else going on? i see some new construction across from the daycares they are building on Pearland Parkway, not sure what those are going to be.

How come you don't like the new pearland? is it all the traffic? or just different tastes?

Pearland is hardly urban and there is definately not an urban feel to any part of Pearland. I don't think you can call excessive traffic, generic shops, and track homes urban. I currently live on the West side have done for 6 years and thankfully will be moving soon.

Pearland is hardly urban and there is definately not an urban feel to any part of Pearland. I don't think you can call excessive traffic, generic shops, and track homes urban. I currently live on the West side have done for 6 years and thankfully will be moving soon.

I would agree that Pearland is certainly not urban. Then again, neither is 99% of Houston. Pearland is affordable and has decent commutes to a variety of different areas of town compared to other suburbs.

As for schools, this subdivision is zoned to Pearland ISD schools.

I know some or most of the area is zoned to:

*C.J. Harris Elementary School

Some houses are zoned to:

* Jamison Middle School

* Pearland Junior High East

Other houses are zoned to:

* Salbatura Middle School

* Pearland Junior High West

All houses are zoned to:

* Pearland High School

• The title was changed to Anything Happening In Lakes Of Highland Glen?

Archived