Old Small Car Question

Heights2Bastrop

I am hoping someone can help me identify a car I saw an old photo; possibly someone (ahem) older than myself, which would mean they would predate dirt.

The car was in front of a Savannah gas station. Judging from the car (and history), I would guess the year was the mid 30s. The type was what I would call a sub-compact roadster. The wheelbase appeared to be around 6 feet, and the height no more than 4 feet. When I saw the car, I immediately thought of the toon car driven in the movie

The VIN should contain a slight clue as who made the car.

Before standardization, VINs were often times no more than a just a serial number. Also, it'll probably be hard to get the VIN off the picture the car is in...

The photo was large, possiby 20X16, and clear enough to see details. There was a Texaco and a Sinclair station side by side, and both had a gas delivery truck in front. On the door of one of the trucks was "Savannah", so that's how I determined the location.

The Texaco station had the names "Shuman & Wise" across the front of the building. There was an attendant in front of the pump, and the little car in front of him. It was a great photo, and I would have paid the $12 if I wasn't such a cheapskate!

So, that's all I have to go on.

Archived