"Database" problem?

Montrose1100

You mean Sunday August 29, 2004. I remember thinking I was banned., because I couldn't get into the site for about two or three days. I hope a crash does not happen again, because this site has grown more complex, more members, and more topics with a lot of information, since the August 2004 crash.

I have gotten that same error message twice. Both times were at 4-5 in the afternoon and I figured it was a traffic issue.

see? the traffic on the loop is so bad, it's starting to affect web traffic! Hurry, build rail? :lol:

the error i got was:

SQL error: User waynelor_6 has already more than 'max_user_connections' active connections

SQL error code:

Date: Friday 21st of July 2006 05:52:30 PM

Yep. Probably too much traffic...or there are some long running queries that are taking up a connection longer than they should.

mySQL query error: SELECT * FROM haicache_store WHERE cs_key IN ( 'chatting','birthdays','calendar','rss_calendar','rss_export','components','banfilters','settings','group_cache','systemvars','skin_id_cache','forum_cache','moderators','stats','languages' )

SQL error: Server shutdown in progress

SQL error code:

Date: Monday 24th of July 2006 06:24:14 AM

I just got this when I tried to log in. I refreshed and loaded the website easily enough on the second try, but it was disconcerting.

It looks like the hosting company was switching to a backup for maintenance. The server that HAIF runs on has a "shadow drive" that is a constantly updated identical copy of the primary drive. If something bad happens, it automatically switches to the backup drive until the primary is replaced (usually within the hour)

• 7 years later...

Yeah, the ol' girl she ain't what she used to be.  

I fixed the database corruption, and right after the web server crashed.  Eep!

It's been running a little rough for the last year or so, so today I ordered an upgraded server.  I expect it should be online by next week.

For the curious, it will have a quad-core processor (I'm pretty sure we only have two cores now), and 4x the RAM, which is really where the pinch is coming from.  The current server has enough memory for HAIF, but if any of HAIF's sister sites have a popularity spike, it all comes tumbling down.  The new one costs more money (natch), but it's better than constantly chasing after crashes.

Archived