New restaurant/bar on Shepherd

• 3 weeks later...
Does anyone know anything about the new restaurant in the former Richard Head's location on Shepherd just South of I-10? They are putting up a new cinder block wall for a patio, it looks like. Could be promising...

I think you are talking about "Mak Chin's"... it looks like it should be completed pretty soon. The sign says "Dine. Drink. Lounge." or something to that effect. Maybe a Japanese/sushi place? There's not really one in that area... I'd definitely welcome it!

I saw a bunch of "server"-looking people (black shirts, black pants) milling about outside the back door a couple weeks ago - maybe they are training their new staff?

I think you are talking about "Mak Chin's"... it looks like it should be completed pretty soon. The sign says "Dine. Drink. Lounge." or something to that effect. Maybe a Japanese/sushi place? There's not really one in that area... I'd definitely welcome it!

I saw a bunch of "server"-looking people (black shirts, black pants) milling about outside the back door a couple weeks ago - maybe they are training their new staff?

What? These guys?

Ninjas.jpg

Those aren't servers. They're Ninjas. :o

• 2 years later...

Went here last weekend, loved it. We went for happy hour because it's perfect go-out-with-a-baby time, and they have all kinds of appetizer type food specials. I loved the sauces, and with the happy hour prices it was wicked cheap. Didn't have any entrees so I don't know how those are. The patio was neat, but being right on Shepherd it's kind of loud. Not that my squealing 10 month old cares, so I don't really care either.

Went here last weekend, loved it. We went for happy hour because it's perfect go-out-with-a-baby time, and they have all kinds of appetizer type food specials. I loved the sauces, and with the happy hour prices it was wicked cheap. Didn't have any entrees so I don't know how those are. The patio was neat, but being right on Shepherd it's kind of loud. Not that my squealing 10 month old cares, so I don't really care either.

Hrm... maybe I'll run up there this weekend. :)

Archived