Sawyer Heights Information & Developments

wendyps

I was just driving past and noticed valet parking signs and thought that was weird. I looked over real quick and saw a cop car, and a guy in the door with a chef's jacket!!! The sign I saw really quickly (someone was behind me) was PG2 or something like that.

Anyone know or should I hop in the car and go back???

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I was just driving past and noticed valet parking signs and thought that was weird. I looked over real quick and saw a cop car, and a guy in the door with a chef's jacket!!! The sign I saw really quickly (someone was behind me) was PG2 or something like that.

Anyone know or should I hop in the car and go back???

Hmmmm. New Restuarant by Target. Can you be a little more specific. But if you saw a cop car and chef's jakcet I am thinking it most likely a Luby's or a Donut shop. I heard they get free grub at Luby's.

:D

sorry, the new target on I-10 and Taylor/Sawyer. I'll swing by on my way to work tomorrow...

it looked schwanky...I don't know if the "chefs" at Lugy's wear chef's jackets :D

onlt the swanky Luby's. I was just kidding with you. I do not know that area very well so I am of no help. The new Target on Westhiemer looks to have plenty of pad space for hopefully some nice places. I am sure they will sell off to 3 banks who will open ugly branch buildings.

• 1 month later...

I figured that since the bloom is almost off the rose on the Target, we'll have to focus on wondering what's next for Sawyer Heights. With the warehouses coming down fast and furious, there should be alot of room for development. I notiice that the new Property Commerce site plan doesn't have the apartments shown anymore so I'd like it to be more retail space.

Figured we could have a new thread just for the next phases of development there. I had a coworker today say he "heard" that La Madeleine was coming to a "new shopping center inside the loop" but that could be anywhere I suppose...

I figured that since the bloom is almost off the rose on the Target, we'll have to focus on wondering what's next for Sawyer Heights. With the warehouses coming down fast and furious, there should be alot of room for development. I notiice that the new Property Commerce site plan doesn't have the apartments shown anymore so I'd like it to be more retail space.

Figured we could have a new thread just for the next phases of development there. I had a coworker today say he "heard" that La Madeleine was coming to a "new shopping center inside the loop" but that could be anywhere I suppose...

Just FYI, there was a rather large billboard for La Madeleine just past where Sawyer Heights Village is located heading outbound on I-10, on the left (or south) side of the road there. I noticed it maybe a month ago and though, "that's odd, there aren't any La Madeline's around here." But maybe that is becuase they knew something I didn't: That they are soon to be adding one and are subtly trying to advertise to their future market. Intersting, we shall see....

mmm, tomato soup only minutes away! yeah!

We already know about the banks, starbucks and 24hr. I wonder if we'll get some kind of craft store...there really is only one that I know of inside the loop, seems like that would be a good "empty" market. There's bound to be a salon of some sort...

The neighborhood board indicates a Chick Fil A and a Best Buy coming.

I would LIKE to see a CM or WF, but that's been beaten to death...I loath to think that a HD or Loews comes in...

OH, a bookstore...I would LOVE a nice big bookstore as long as we are talking big chains...

I know its big box retail, but I actually wouldn't mind seeing a Best buy move in here. The closest one right now is outside the loop by the Galleria. There is a Circuit City close to where the other Target already is. I just don't know how much room best buy would require (usually they are "parking lot for the world" violaters).

Other than that, I was looking at the pictures from the Woodlands Water walk area and just hope we don't end up with the same movie back lot they did up there.

I know its big box retail, but I actually wouldn't mind seeing a Best buy move in here. The closest one right now is outside the loop by the Galleria. There is a Circuit City close to where the other Target already is. I just don't know how much room best buy would require (usually they are "parking lot for the world" violaters).

Other than that, I was looking at the pictures from the Woodlands Water walk area and just hope we don't end up with the same movie back lot they did up there.

A person I work with told me today that she knows someone who works for Best Buy and that they were definitely looking at Sawyer Heights for a new store. I think a BB would seriously do gang busters. This shopping center is not intended to soley serve the Heights. Midtowners and downtowners are going to be a huge part of their business.

A person I work with told me today that she knows someone who works for Best Buy and that they were definitely looking at Sawyer Heights for a new store. I think a BB would seriously do gang busters. This shopping center is not intended to soley serve the Heights. Midtowners and downtowners are going to be a huge part of their business.

Excuse my ignorance, but where exacatly is Sawyer Heights. Can someone link a google map showing where the new Target is going up. I am confused. Thanks.

www.har.com shows that parcel for sale. Go to commercial - for sale, and type in zip code 77007. You'll see this parcel, as well as 2.75 acres for sale directly behind Target, and 8 acres on Studemont, between I-10 and Washington.

Big sales going on, not just at Target. :D

Hi guys....

I haven't posted in awhile. My husband and I relocated from Chicago last August. Our original plan was to open a dog grooming/boarding/daycare shop but we just don't know where. I am now currently working as a dog groomer for PetSomething @ WestChase area.

We're looking @ Katy (Cinco Ranch/Grand Lakes), Downtown or First Ward areas.

Any suggestions? Thanks.

Ugh, there's a Best Buy like 5 miles west on I-10. Do we really need one in the Heights?

Sawyer Heights is not in the Heights, so the BB won't be either. I think the thing to remember is that this shopping area is also just not intended to serve people in the Heights (the ones who have easiet access to I-10), but also midtown, downtown and Montrose. Believe it or not, if you live in Montrose, the BB on I-10 is really inconvenient.

• 9 months later...

I went into the junkyard on Taylor street Next to the new Target. It apparently has been there for many decades. They told me they are relocating this summer to make way for new townhouses. The guys there also told me that Mahatma has been bought and will be moving, but they have two years to complete the move.

Very glad to hear that. With all the land coming available in this area, this is a prime opportunity for developers to create a very unique neighborhood. I hope they take advantage of that and we dont end up with some kind of generic concrete jungle. Maybe we'll get a grocery store too. If the rice place is truly leaving, I wonder if we'll quickly see a push towards a quiet zone along the train route now.

I think I'll miss the rice place. The way the silos look in contrast to downtown is really cool.

I don't expect any paticularly interesting or useful things to be built in that area. It's going to look just like Rice Military/Memorial Heights when it's all built out, and a little more of Houston history will be gone (like that cool old junkyard).

I kind of liked having the light industrial barrier between us and the rest of Houston.

Hopefully they'll check the soil around there for contamination. It's been light industrial around there for a long time.

We were seriously considering a house on Spring St back in '05, but once we had some soil samples taken, we found the lead levels were through the roof. The people that ended up buying the house have 2 small children though, so maybe we were being overly cautious...

We need a grocery store over there, BADLY! That Target is great though.

By the way, watch out for cops on Washinton. They are doing a major sting operation. I was driving home yesterday and out of nowhere this freaking cop jumps out into the middle of the street like batman! He was on a mission. He waves me and two other cars over and gave us all tickets. As soon as he let us go he was pulling more people over in multiples.

It was ridiculous, go catch some criminals and do something productive.

Archived