It looks pretty nice. But I have a strange feeling that the crown, despite how beautiful it may be, will look very out-of-place on this Art Deco-feeling tower.

Imo the crown does look very strange in conjunction with the actual building. Kind of like it belongs on a different building. While this structure is impressive in size, I think it's ugly.

• Replies 589
  • Created
  • Last Reply
it appears in the new rendering that they omitted the glass on the four edges of the box part...I think that would at least play off the crown and help it blend in with the rest of the building...although I guess I shouldn't say anything until the building is complete, then I can judge it all I want :P

I too noticed that the glass on the four edges of the box part at the top has been omitted, but it was shown in the rendering. Bummer. Now it is just a box with a crown. Of course, can't judge until final product is in. That building is really tall and adds to the Katy Fwy skyline. It is very visible from downtown.

Nope - you are not going crazy. When looking at the front of the building (the part that faces I-10 (North) the crown is centered left to right. When looking at the building from the East or West, the crown is not centered - it is closest to the North side of the building.

Interesting.

I wonder if the roof of the top floor (the 27th floor, the last "full" floor) will be an observation deck that you can access from the crown.

Looks like they're going to get the crown done by the end of the month so they can drop it on new Years eve! :P

I wonder why it's off center? There must be some reason why.

Aggie engineering? :D

I'm still ok with the building, thinking that the rest of the glass and the finished crown will look good. I'm just happy we have some kind of risk-taking design out there. We've build far too many unimaginative buildings in this town in recent years, and taking a chance like this building is welcomed in my book.

I hadn't been out I10 in several months. WHAT IS THAT THING?

It is hideous.

I'm pretty sure its a rogue Lego. <_<

I'm still holding on to the hope that somehow it will all make sense in the end. More glass, some sort of flare that ties the thing together... Otherwise its just a hopital tower with a crown.

I'm pretty sure its a rogue Lego. <_<

:lol::lol::lol: Perfect.

I'm still holding on to the hope that somehow it will all make sense in the end. More glass, some sort of flare that ties the thing together... Otherwise its just a hopital tower with a crown.

It a hospital with a crown that's not centered. I thought that it might be off centered for to give enough space on the South side for a helipad, but after looking at it yesterday, it's not nearly enough space.

Archived