Oresund Bridge

I snapped this picture of the Oresund Bridge on my trip last May to Northern Europe. I had seen the details of its construction before I went, on the National Geographic Channel, and hoped that I would get to see it, or better, sail under it. We took a different route, so going under it didn't happen. I was, however, able to get this picture from Copenhagen's port.

This link describes the details of the bridge... Oresund Bridge

The National Geographic Channel will repeat its show on the construction of the bridge next Tuesday, 7/18. The design and construction of this bridge is fascinating.

Impossible Bridges: Denmark to Sweden

Tuesday, July 18, 2006, at 06P (E)

Travel across the Atlantic to Denmark and Sweden, where the world's longest bridge, the Oresund, connects these two countries for the first time since the Ice Age. NGC follows the construction process of this mega bridge - focusing on the challenges that designers and engineers face and the solutions they devise. Find out what extreme equipment, massive parts and innovative designs it takes to create this unique ten-mile link that has radically altered the map of Scandinavia.

CopenhagenOresundBridge.jpg

Archived