Sugar Land Crimes

PureAuteur

I heard from click2houston.com that the Chuck E. Cheese in the Town Center was robbed and had to close down because of the robbery. Apparently someone just walked in waving a gun at everyone and demanded money. Does anyone know more about this? After what happened to that teenage girl, I'm wondering if it's still safe to raise a family in Sugarland.

I heard from click2houston.com that the Chuck E. Cheese in the Town Center was robbed and had to close down because of the robbery. Apparently someone just walked in waving a gun at everyone and demanded money. Does anyone know more about this? After what happened to that teenage girl, I'm wondering if it's still safe to raise a family in Sugarland.

The communities with money will always be a target. I think Sugar Land's proximity to Fondren, Alief, & Mission Bend make it an easy target.

Personally, I think sugarland is totally infested with crime and the criminals are running amok.

I figure in about 5 years it will turn into a total ghetto the flight will go out even further in the search for a crime free utopia.

I guess y'all don't realize that Sugar Land is known for it's low crime rate. Here are stats comparing the crime rate in Sugar Land vs. Houston per 100,000 people. Sugar Land's crime rate is not even a third of Houston's (76 vs. 278).

For comparison, here is Sugar Land vs. Katy:

76 vs. 79

And for those of you who think Missouri City is crime-ridden, here is Sugar Land vs. Missouri City:

76 vs. 56

I think that proves that the SW suburbs are among the safest in the metro area. Not to mention that it was ranked #8 in the nation as the best place to raise your family. And CNN/Money Magazine says it's in the top 50 places to live in the U.S.

Just goes to show - You can run but you can't hide.

There is crime everywhere no matter where you live. I think others have made the point before just because an area is affluent does not mean it is immune to crime.

Can someone please explain to me why whenever an affluent/ burb neighborhood experiences crime, mention is always made of its proximity to a poorer/minority/LA folks. The recent Sugarland story involves a Sugarland victim and criminals who lived in Sugarland ????

Soon, it might creep up 99 into Katy. But Sugar Land is close to a lot of high crime areas.

Homes in communities along FM1464 near SH99 have already been hit. I think thats due to Mission Bend though.

Personally, I think sugarland is totally infested with crime and the criminals are running amok.

I figure in about 5 years it will turn into a total ghetto the flight will go out even further in the search for a crime free utopia.

Where in Sugar Land do you feel its a ghetto, besides the "Quarters", Covington, and maybe (big maybe) Settler's Way?

There is crime everywhere no matter where you live. I think others have made the point before just because an area is affluent does not mean it is immune to crime.

Can someone please explain to me why whenever an affluent/ burb neighborhood experiences crime, mention is always made of its proximity to a poorer/minority/LA folks. The recent Sugarland story involves a Sugarland victim and criminals who lived in Sugarland ????

I don't know. Maybe it helps to live in plain sight like me because I've never been robbed. And i live near Alief/Mission Bend/Stafford/Meadows Place :wacko:

Well, I'd probably keep Settler's Way on the semi list of Ghettoist hoods. I used to live there (that was our first home). Most of the homeowners are first time homeowners(due to the low cost: most homes are below 130k), and most of em are ok, but, there are MANY robberies, and such occurring there. Many houses got hit on our street once back then. And of course, don't forget the shootout that happened a few months back, that led to a death.

It is clear that since DeLay has fled to more fertile cash fields in Virginia, crime is on the up-tick in Sugarland. I suggest all SugerWorld residents insist that La Hammer return to save you from the evils of Tom-less-ness...unless he's too busy sucking on the tet of corporations as La Lobbiest. Crime in SugarBurg...so misunderstood.

-_-

It is clear that since DeLay has fled to more fertile cash fields in Virginia, crime is on the up-tick in Sugarland. I suggest all SugerWorld residents insist that La Hammer return to save you from the evils of Tom-less-ness...unless he's too busy sucking on the tet of corporations as La Lobbiest. Crime in SugarBurg...so misunderstood.

-_-

Good Lord. You and your political rants. Yes, because criminals feared Tom Delay. Yes, because criminals actually thought twice about committing a crime in Delay's District.

NMain has a point. Tom DeLay ruled over Fort Bend County with an iron fist, not unlike the manner in which Saddam Hussein ruled over the kingdom of Iraq. Now that DeLay has been removed from power, the stability of the region has weakened, allowing the criminal element of southwest Houston to dip further southwest into suburban Fort Bend County. Without the Hammer's iron grip, criminals can freely prey on homeowners.

NMain has a point. Tom DeLay ruled over Fort Bend County with an iron fist, not unlike the manner in which Saddam Hussein ruled over the kingdom of Iraq. Now that DeLay has been removed from power, the stability of the region has weakened, allowing the criminal element of southwest Houston to dip further southwest into suburban Fort Bend County. Without the Hammer's iron grip, criminals can freely prey on homeowners.

Maybe we should invade Sugar Land next?

Maybe we should invade Sugar Land next?

All of the oil is gone. (drilling operations off of Oilfeild road have ceased). There is no point.

I'm not Joking!

• 2 weeks later...
I think there are reports of wepons of mass destruction in Sugar Land. That's enough to invade.

I remember a couple of months after 9/11 (probably March 2002) that there was a fire somewhere in the Venetian Estates area between 59 and 90A on the news...firefighters probably had to deal with something explosive b/c there were all kinds of noise popping out of the house.

I should also mention the plot at Dulles High School by two freshman students to blow up the school.

BTW, Matt McCombs' myspace got shut down.

• 2 weeks later...

I guarantee you if David Wallace's write-in campaign results in a triumph over Nick Lampson, the number one issue of Sugar Landers when it comes time to select a new mayor will be how to handle crime.

As a matter of fact, Sugar Land reportedly got a police academy...that ought to recruit officers they need to stop these crooks...and yes i'm talking about both robbers and corrupt lobbyists.

The fact that DeLay resigned from office has NOTHING to do with the crime rate in Sugar Land...

In fact, if you look at Katy, supposedly they have a higher crime rate...and so does Rosenberg and Richmond...And about Missouri City...their property crime rate is lower than SL's, but Mo City has more violent crime than SL...Mo City should even be startled by the fact that they have an academically unacceptable high school which has no effect on Dulles, Willowridge and Elkins other than that those three high schools, while given just an "acceptable" rating, are glad to not have the evils of Marshall HS that just turned up...there was even a murder at that school.

• The title was changed to Sugar Land Crimes

Archived