A Few Spiffy Night Shots

mrell32

Every single photo is awesome, But I must say the 3rd from the bottom is my favorite. The first one is really good too, I like the Fulbright Tower in the background ;).

P.S. you really got a good perception with Center Point Energy Plaza, and the light from the "Top Hat" going into the clouds. Most nights, that is how it really looks. Again, good job.

Why is there lens flare on all the lights? Are you using a filter or is this the result of a dirty lens?

It could just be a reaction to the slow shutter speed.

But other than that, you should have renamed the topic, because these photos are far from crappy, I think they are pretty spiffy! ^_^

It could just be a reaction to the slow shutter speed.

But other than that, you should have renamed the topic, because these photos are far from crappy, I think they are pretty spiffy! ^_^

certain f-stops (especially f-8) can give you flare like that with no other filters or f/x added. (btw: what part of town is paulie's on?)

2:00 in the morning, and i doubt I'll ever take pictures at that time again. DT Houston is kinda creepy at night.

as a 40 year old, 6'1", 220lb african american male, who's lived in several large metropoli i am not scared of too many things.. but this city is creeping even me out at night. listening to the news doesn't make it better.

The first one is awesome. Where did you take that from?

11th Floor - 320 W. Alabama - tenant common area

I have a friend that lives in that building.

(btw: what part of town is paulie's on?)

Westheimer at Hazard

Downtown is not dangerous.

I live downtown and walk home all of the time between 1:00am and 2:00am. Other than the homeless, I never see crime or any threatening situations. Now I am not naive enough to think something couldn't happen to me, but I could think of many worse place to be.

Oh..to stay on topic. Nice pics!

Nice! I like the bluish color of the skyline.
indeed. how'd you do that?

I really dig it also!

Just as an FYI, there was no post-photo editing involved in this shot. I set my camera for about a 3 second shutter speed shot, set my color level to 'vivid' and used a 100 speed setting, timing and natural light, did the rest. I took a few others with different settings and speeds and of course, they all came out different! I shoot with a Canon PowerShot SD500 Digital IXUS and I love it.

Archived