What do you guys think of this house?

texas911

He's been around since before Urban Lofts, so I'm thinking he's not ripping anyone off. I actually went to an open house and the spaces are insane! It has 11 foot ceilings and it feels spacious, more than what the square footage would imply.

Anything is better than another McMansion.

It looks cool but man, that is a high price.

With $1.2M, I'd design and build something myself. Probably on the order of a four-story reflective-glass polygonal cylinder with a 30-foot diameter and a semispherical geodesic dome on top. An elevator would shoot the occupant straight from the garage to the top level, which would serve as the home's living area.

I've already got a site picked out.

With $1.2M, I'd design and build something myself. Probably on the order of a four-story reflective-glass polygonal cylinder with a 30-foot diameter and a semispherical geodesic dome on top. An elevator would shoot the occupant straight from the garage to the top level, which would serve as the home's living area.

I've already got a site picked out.

This sounds like a cool design!!!!

I have to say though, wouldnt want to be in there in a severe thunderstorm with hail and high winds or a hurricane ;)

This sounds like a cool design!!!!

I have to say though, wouldnt want to be in there in a severe thunderstorm with hail and high winds or a hurricane ;)

No kidding. I haven't quite figured out the hail problem unless I go with plexiglass...which would scratch in a hailstorm.

The new Enron building's glass facade can withstand Cat 3 winds, though. I'm sure there'd be a way to engineer my way around that eventuality...the dome and cylinder designs already go a long way toward mitigating the wind hazard.

Thanks for the positive feedback! :)

3643 Olympia

10000 ft of faux castle meets McMansion. I'm speechless.

eek :wacko:

3.8 million for an almost 10k square foot home on a 15k square foot lot?!

and "faux-finishing and extensive crown molding of the highest caliber"

niiiiiiiiiiice

Agree!

Besides if I had $3.8mm to spend on a house, it would NOT be in a neighborhood... even River Oaks.

It would not have "faux" anything. I'm not impressed.

LOL

especially to be THAT close to your neighbors. like you said... '...even in river oaks.'

That River Oaks house looks like it would be more comfortable as the centerpiece of a Florida amusement park than in a neighborhood.

Where did they get the plans for that beast anyway? The Disney Vault?

3643 Olympia

10000 ft of faux castle meets McMansion. I'm speechless.

Oh...My...God.

Carlotta.jpeg

The HAR writeup claims that this is "new construction, never occupied", but anyone who's seen Desperate Living will recognize Queen Carlotta's castle!

The sad thing is, this is happening all over River Oaks.

Builders/Developers are tearing down beautiful homes to put up McMansion Cheese Factories.

The saddest part is, they end up selling.

Bob Dylan said it best: "The times they are a changin'.."

Archived