Paul Laszlo

Jersey01

I recently found out that there is a house designed by Paul Laszlo somewhere in Old Braeswood. Does anyone know where exactly this house is located as I would love to drive by the place. Laszlo did some really great furniture designs for companies which include Herman Miller.

I guess I really need to pick up the Houston Architectural Guide. Any suggestions of where I can find one other than Amazon? Perhaps Half Price Books?

I recently found out that there is a house designed by Paul Laszlo somewhere in Old Braeswood. Does anyone know where exactly this house is located as I would love to drive by the place. Laszlo did some really great furniture designs for companies which include Herman Miller.

I guess I really need to pick up the Houston Architectural Guide. Any suggestions of where I can find one other than Amazon? Perhaps Half Price Books?

Half Price Books on lower Westheimer occasionally has them. They are typically on the left wall in the travel section.

its at 2523 Maroneal.

full text of listing (typed quickly...sorry for any typos)

1952 Paul Laszlo with Howard Barnstone.

In its contrast of house types, braeswood distinctly exhibits the two periods of its development. this low, remarkably long house on a block of low, long houses, was designed by the hungarian born beverly hills architect paul laszlo. its cantilevered entrance canopy, north facing brise-soleil, and vertical redwood siding are organized beneath a continuous fascia. laszlo incorporated a front-facing garage into this arrangement and , in the best California tradition, made it seem like a civilized amenity rather than a necessary evil.

you can probably pick up an architecture guide at the brazos bookstore on bissonnet

Archived