Shake up on KRBE

ricco67

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Looks like a troll or maybe the real thing (Scott Sparks) signed up for Wikipedia and edited the page on KRBE and even dedicated a whole page to himself. (note that someone named Yanksox came after Scott created this page and marked the article with notability issues)

Is he really worth it to have a page, maybe I should have one on myself.

I don't recall him doing anything significant. :mellow:<_<-_-

Someone updated Wikipedia with info that Atom and Maria are thinking about San Antonio.

Atom and Maria have a dedication on MySpace. I don't see much chance of KRBE "bringin 'em back," but in this town, with its low-grade TV and radio in my opinion, I suppose anything's possible. I don't mean to be down on our town, but our media people are not competitive elsewhere,,,,so we're stuck with them forever!

(haha,,,someone comments that "country music would be better than Roula and Ryan!)

http://www.myspace.com/bringbackatomandmaria

Atom and Maria have a dedication on MySpace. I don't see much chance of KRBE "bringin 'em back," but in this town, with its low-grade TV and radio in my opinion, I suppose anything's possible. I don't mean to be down on our town, but our media people are not competitive elsewhere,,,,so we're stuck with them forever!

(haha,,,someone comments that "country music would be better than Roula and Ryan!)

http://www.myspace.com/bringbackatomandmaria

The song is perfect, where'd you go.

He is a realstate agent in Katy, Texas last I heard, SeePsycho Robbie's new job

As for the change in format, I heard an Alanis Morrisette song this morning at 7:30 ish when the Hollywood dirt was supposed to be on. I have not heard "Head over Feet" on this station and it literally reminded of, "is this 96.5"?

I thought that they were on vacation or something and had no idea they were fired until now.

This feels like a semi-high school reunion. I remember hearing Ryan Chase on 104 back then, and I remember Roula being Atom Smasher's sidekick on 104 primetime. What throws me off is the fact that I thought Atom was more of a Primetime dude than a morning dude, but he was only bumped up because Sam Malone left. Why didn't they just put Atom back on primetime, have Maria join Roula and Ryan, and make everyone happy?

• 2 weeks later...
Why didn't they just put Atom back on primetime, have Maria join Roula and Ryan, and make everyone happy?

That still boggles my mind too. He was better as a night guy.

It seems like all 4 were removed instead of repositioned.

• 4 weeks later...

What Atom Smasher and Maria Todd are up to

Using my computer detective skills, I found out what the elusive former 104.1 KRBE morning show crew is up to...at least at this point. On Atom Smasher's MySpace page, Atom and Maria Todd have an audio message imploring a radio station to hire them as a team. Although Atom does seem happy that he is able to sleep late now. . . .

• 4 weeks later...
Atom Smasher is named afternoon host at CHR KHKS/Dallas effective 9/25. Smasher was most recently morning co-host at CHR KRBE/Houston. Smasher fills the shift once occupied by J.J. Kincaid who now anchors afternoons at Z100/New York.

Good hunting man!

That is coming up soon, I am suprised I was not able to google that myself, you are a better googler than me!

He in not on the khks website yet though, but that will change Monday I am sure.

Roula still pops up every once in a while on GDH doing celebrity gossip (zzzz) as well. She needs to stop hogging Maria's jobs.

I want to see a cat fight!

I wonder if Maria is friends with Roula and Sam anymore.

And even Atom abandoned her to move to Dallas.

Listened to some R and R last week. My opinion - bland. This city's number one media and reputation problem is the low standards we allow for media, in my opinion. I lived throughout the MidWest, Chicago, spent weeks here and there,,,I am not a "hater" but the way we recycle media types is unlike other cities where media types move on to bigger cities because they are competitive and good. I guess we just have our "permanent" fixtures in radio, new, talk shows, and we're gonna keep em! WC from GDH is the only new-comer I can think of,,,is there anyone who has moved on to bigger and better in past 5 years? I have some friends in production so I am connected on and off to the gossip they know, or share, but the different kinds of media awards throughout the year recognize the same 3-4 people in the same categories each year, so there's no competition, so maybe it just appears that we have exemplary media people.

Is it just me?

Anyone know how the ratings are doing since the change at 104? I personally tried to listen to them, but I just couldn't do it.

Me either. Only time I ever listen is occasionally on Saturday night. But that's rare. Last time I heard them on regular time, they were playing some cheesy 104 jingle, and I quickly switched. Man, they've gone downhill since I came back. Sad stuff. They NEED some attitude BADLY.

Anyone know how the ratings are doing since the change at 104? I personally tried to listen to them, but I just couldn't do it.

I religiously listen to Roula and Ryan Roses, it is just like waiting for a train wreck to happen B) .

Archived