Shake up on KRBE

ricco67

They are going to announce the new morning show tomorrow at 9 a.m on KHOU. They have been plugging it all day on 104. That is when "Great Day Houston" comes on. "Coincidentally" Roula is on that show.

What really sucks is Roula is a good friend of Atom

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

one thing I have ALWAYS learned from an internship at a TV station...

DJ's have egos whereas TV personalities have...that...personalities. because you can't see the DJ's who are on the air (unless on a webcam) you just hear them whereas you kinda get to know a TV personality by seeing them.

I have noticed that they sound all friendly on-air and then as soon as you call they can be a complete @$$ (SOME DJ's on the radion NOT all)

no offense to those who have friends in the biz

So if you were Roula you would've just stayed unemployed when one of the most listened to radio stations in Houston came calling?

She's not unemployed... she is on Great Day Houston on Channel 11. I think I'd rather be on TV than radio. Then again, maybe I would have taken it. Who knows. You're right I can't really put myself in her shoes. I do like her. I just hope that KRBE doesn't do to her what they did to Atom and Maria, because she knows how it feels with KHMX. I was a DJ at a radio station for six years by the way so I know how the biz is myself.

The video itself.

Whitney's "8 hour face", the smoke screen entrance, Ryan's "gay shirt".

Good call Midtown - that video was about as awful as it gets. I wish I would have just stared at the wall for a few minutes. Great shirt Ryan, I'm sure the ladies at Drink Houston eat it up. I was hoping Roula would have figured out a way to be less annoying since she's been on the air, but oh well.

Seriously, is this really 3 people that the "public" wanted back on the air? Its all really just a marketing scam in the end. First Sam Malone "leaves", then magically pops back up on 96.5 Walton and Johnson get booted by a format change and then come back on another station that is basically KLOL. Roula and Ryan fired from KHMX, show up in Sam's old gig on KRBE. Only one out of the loop is Maria in the end.

Here's the best answer - who cares? The radio is a joke - Rice radio could be ok if their DJ's didn't have ADD when it comes to records. Good indie rock song followed by sitar solos is not the kind of mix I'm looking for.

This is all further evidence of the death of terrestrial radio, which happened a couple of years ago. What you all hear on the air is just a rotting corpse...and Houston radio is a lot more rotten than most places.

104 KRBE has been the best advertisement for XM radio ever imagined for years. XM should have paid them a percentage of their subscribers' fees.

This is all further evidence of the death of terrestrial radio, which happened a couple of years ago. What you all hear on the air is just a rotting corpse...and Houston radio is a lot more rotten than most places.

104 KRBE has been the best advertisement for XM radio ever imagined for years. XM should have paid them a percentage of their subscribers' fees.

I have to agree, the only time I listened to Terrestrial radio was to listen to Atom and Maria. since they went off the air, I've switched to listening to the Opie and Anthony show and they're off the hook, man!

In fact, they're currently waging war against Walters and Johnson and having fans dial up their station and jamming their lines.

I suspected that Roula would come back, but didn't think Ryan would, I figured he had found another gig already so I was surprised when I heard about him hitting KRBE in the morning.

It would be logical to figure that the DJ's would try to get themselves a nice nest egg in case they were suddenly pulled off the air. Getting yanked I would imagine would be quite common. Been hearing about this happening alot all over the country recently.

Geez, on this board it seems like I'm the only one who listens to free radio anymore. I just don't see myself paying for something that is free. Not to mention that I think radio in Houston is pretty good. There is something for all my tastes, and I've got a lot of them.

Good call Midtown - that video was about as awful as it gets. I wish I would have just stared at the wall for a few minutes. Great shirt Ryan, I'm sure the ladies at Drink Houston eat it up. I was hoping Roula would have figured out a way to be less annoying since she's been on the air, but oh well.

Seriously, is this really 3 people that the "public" wanted back on the air? Its all really just a marketing scam in the end. First Sam Malone "leaves", then magically pops back up on 96.5 Walton and Johnson get booted by a format change and then come back on another station that is basically KLOL. Roula and Ryan fired from KHMX, show up in Sam's old gig on KRBE. Only one out of the loop is Maria in the end.

Here's the best answer - who cares? The radio is a joke - Rice radio could be ok if their DJ's didn't have ADD when it comes to records. Good indie rock song followed by sitar solos is not the kind of mix I'm looking for.

Only one out of the loop is Maria in the end is the sad part! She seems to be genuinely nice and funny! I hope she finds a great new gig soon.

Only one out of the loop is Maria in the end is the sad part! She seems to be genuinely nice and funny! I hope she finds a great new gig soon.

I don't know why, but I always thought Maria Todd reminded me of Robin Quivers (From the Howard Stern Show)

040318_quivers_vmed_12p.widec.jpg

Geez, on this board it seems like I'm the only one who listens to free radio anymore. I just don't see myself paying for something that is free.

I don't think everyone else is paying for their radio. I think most of us have turned it off in favor of cd's, mp3's, & AM Talk Radio.

Hopefully she announces her new DJ name.

Because "Roula" is about as bad as they come.

You do know Roula IS her name? I actually thought it was a dj name once. She came to KRBE about the time you were able to hear the song "Lick It" by Roula on The Beat. I thought she adopted the name. I was wrong.

You do know Roula IS her name? I actually thought it was a dj name once. She came to KRBE about the time you were able to hear the song "Lick It" by Roula on The Beat. I thought she adopted the name. I was wrong.

roula is horrible. i've seen here a couple of times on the great day houston show and don't like her there either.

Was Roula in the movie Hairspray?

No, that was Rikki Lake.

on a side note, looks like a troll or maybe the real thing (Scott Sparks) signed up for Wikipedia and edited the page on KRBE and even dedicated a whole page to himself. (note that someone named Yanksox came after Scott created this page and marked the article with notability issues)

Is he really worth it to have a page, maybe I should have one on myself.

I don't recall him doing anything significant. :mellow:<_<-_-

Archived