Here is the house I just made an offer on

TJones

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I got beat out, and they accepted someone else's offer. This house is in Nottingham, I knew it would go quick, I was the 5th offer and I offered full asking price, so someone must have come over the top of me. The search continues.

Stop all this home buying man and grow roots. Dont you know that it is beneficial to the economy to buy buy buy ;)

What major streets runs near there?

That house was between Mason and Fry rd. in Katy. About a 1/2 mile from I-10.

Now, I have found another. What do y'all think? A real fixer-upper. I have the know-how and the technology, I can put it back together.

hr1704965-2.jpg

hr1704965-1.jpg

hr1704965-4.jpg

hr1704965-6.jpg

hr1704965-5.jpg

That house was between Mason and Fry rd. in Katy. About a 1/2 mile from I-10.

Now, I have found another. What do y'all think? A real fixer-upper. I have the know-how and the technology, I can put it back together.

I like the setting of that house....the trees are nice, and the house blends into the landscape well...of course it doesn't hurt that it is partly covered with the landscape. :D

I like it.

Wish I could say as much for the neighbor's turquoise garage doors.

Well, I was really scared about that also until I saw it first hand this morning. That blue is not as obnoxious as the pics might suggest. It is more towards a regular blue, it is just whoever took these pics has a crappy camera. I didn't take the photos. :closedeyes:

The photos don't show, but there is about a 100 year old Oak tree in the back and about the same year Maple in the side yard.

I like the 2nd one better actually...

and did that first one actually have ornate crown moulding and rosettes on the window casings?!?? Ugh...

The second one is a horror story, what I thought to be about a $10k rehab is actually about a $60k rehab. It would be cheaper to demo and build a new one just like it.

The Quest continues.

btw, yes, you saw the casing correctly Idogg. You know how it goes, Caulk and paint make a carpenter what he ain't.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, back on this topic again, the house hunting has gone extrememly well, and I found a fixer-upper, with a pool, in my second choice of neighborhoods here in Katy. Gonna take about $10k after I close to get it where I want. Nice little 70's ranch style, which I will turn into a Mod-ish type with Bermuda shutters, and such.

hr1697123-1.jpg

Picture sage green and steel grey green for trim, with black Bermuda shutters. It is gonna be beautiful, and in 5 years CHA-CHING !$!$!

hr1697123-5.jpg You can just see the pool through the window here.

hr1697123-2.jpg

I will be living in this house until I want to trade up.

TJ, all of these little jewels your finding make me want to sell my house. Actually I've got a five year plan to, but need to hold on about two more years. Hopefully interest rates don't get to high by then.

Archived