Memorial Real Estate

Guest danax

I am not in the target market. Just commenting. In California, many homes only display a front door, shrubs and garage doors. This is for privacy. Hollywood Hills and Malibu come to mind.

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Two Cents in Two Words...................... Butt Ugly !

Especially when there is soooooooooo much out there in that price range, and in better locations. You need to spend $6k and have that brick covered with stucco IMMEDIATELY ! ! ! That is what is killing that house, the flow is all wrong on the outside.

You need to spend $6k and have that brick covered with stucco IMMEDIATELY ! ! ! That is what is killing that house, the flow is all wrong on the outside.

i would say the opposite - stucco needs to be bricked :)

but yeah, to me, something just looks funny with this place.

The good news: The interior is good for entertaining.

The bad news: IMO I would have them lift up this house and turn it completely around facing opposite direction from street. It looks like its been flipped inside out. I would keep looking, there are better ones with more curb appeal than this.

I am a proud nutjob, but I still don't get the appeal of this massive (who needs 6700 square feet?) McMansion craze.

In that general price range (1.7 to 1.9), you can get these two beauties in a MUCH better location than the house posted above.

South Blvd 1940s beauty

hr1819178-21.jpg

back yard

hr1819178-19.jpg

late 1920s estate on Brentwood Drive in River Oaks (I love this house although I'd prefer less junk in the back yard)

hr1945226-22.jpg

hr1945226-19.jpg

The MP property is not for me. Actually, a friend of mine and his wife went to the open house last Sunday. They both like the floor plan but have mixed feelings about the front wall and the 3-car garage. I told them there are better options around the Memorial Park area for their price range. Thank you for all the comments.

the 1602 South Blvd. home is neat - and it is large (about 5800 sq. ft.)

anyone know if it has a yard? the outdoor pictures show a little bit of grass and a patio, and the pool...

It's hard to tell. It's a 16,900 s.f. lot, but it may have more of a front yard than a back yard due to the setback.

the 1602 South Blvd. home is neat - and it is large (about 5800 sq. ft.)

anyone know if it has a yard? the outdoor pictures show a little bit of grass and a patio, and the pool...

1819178-20.jpg

http://search.har.com/engine/dispSearch.cf...mp;backButton=Y

Mostly side yard nearest the street (it's on a corner lot) where the pool is located. There was originally more yard away from the street but it was mostly consumed by a family room/ den addition at some point.

1602 South Blvd has been pending since early May, so that one is not an option for copgo's friend. Even the property on E Cowan that this thread was started about has been under contract since late June, which was also before this thread was started.

As a side note, there are 69 single family listings in MLS that are $1.5 million and above that are currently pending (13 of which are $3 million or more).

:( Anyone has a ny advice for me? I own a home in memorial north west and I am in NYC. I would like to move before school starts but the problem is the tenant at the MNW home is not paying their rent and they are basically living for free. Also they will not vacate the property until they are served. I recently came down there and went to the court to start the eviction process. Any idea how I can pursue the judge to get them out sooner?

You have to file an eviction. Once the paper is served to the tenant, which can take 1 to 3 weeks, (depending upon how easy it is for them to catch them at home basically). Once served the court date is one week later. Make sure and keep calling the courthouse to find out when the paper was served.

If you win at court, which you should, the Judge will give the tenant one week to get out. I think that is how long it is. At the end of that week if they are not out, you file what is called a writ of possession. This takes another week or two to serve. They place a notice that they are coming to move them out in either 24 or 48 hours. Then they show up with the truck and they are out.

You are lucky in the respect that Texas is definitely a "pro-Landlord" state as far as the laws are concerned. Evictions are much easier and quicker here than in many other parts of the country. Slow as it is, it is slower elsewhere.

Is there any action I can take if they destroy the home?

Sure. You can sue 'em. If you win, but they don't have any money or assets then you won't be able to recover squat. You'd need before and after pictures of the damaged areas, and repair estimates if you want a strong case.

Disturbingly enough, this is an ongoing thing for these people. They looked for folks that are out of state who has a home in the area. I am just one of many (I guess) of their victim. Prior to me, someone from California was their victim.

Disturbingly enough, this is an ongoing thing for these people. They looked for folks that are out of state who has a home in the area. I am just one of many (I guess) of their victim. Prior to me, someone from California was their victim.

How come you didn't figure this out before renting to them? Did you not check references and do background checks? I ask because I may rent my house out one day, and it would be good to know if references and background checks are truly effective against bad tenants.

No I didnot check any of that stuff. Someone recommend these people to me. I received a call 1 month after renting to them from a previous one of their neighbor who saw them at my house and looked me up. THat is how I learned about them but unfortunately for me it was too late. ALso I never thought someone in a nice neighborhood like MNW was out to take advantage or be dishonest like this at all. I met so many people while I was there and it is a positive feeling and I am very happy. Someone ripping me off was the last thing on my mind.

If you do plan to rent them make sure you get refrences, plus copy of drivers license, job contact # for all occupant and run a credit check to be absolutely sure.

No I didnot check any of that stuff. Someone recommend these people to me. I received a call 1 month after renting to them from a previous one of their neighbor who saw them at my house and looked me up. THat is how I learned about them but unfortunately for me it was too late. ALso I never thought someone in a nice neighborhood like MNW was out to take advantage or be dishonest like this at all. I met so many people while I was there and it is a positive feeling and I am very happy. Someone ripping me off was the last thing on my mind.

If you do plan to rent them make sure you get refrences, plus copy of drivers license, job contact # for all occupant and run a credit check to be absolutely sure.

Where are you in the process now? If I understand correctly you have already filed for the eviction. Do you have a court date yet? Do you have an attorney that is going to handle it for you?

Yes, court date is comin up soon.

If they know the system, and it sounds like they do, I would have an attorney handle it. Evictions for non-payment of rent are fairly simple, but still, I would do it. I would also file the writ of possession at the first opportunity regardless of whether or not they tell you they are moving or appear to be moving.

Keep us posted and let us know how it turns out.

Archived