Things that irritate me

Parrothead

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's funny, that this thread is "topic #6666".

Evil Topic >:)

What exactly is trolling. I read Red Scare's comments that he thought Parrothead was trolling. I am not sure what that means. I have read many posts from from Parrothead and I find her to be a pretty postive and knowledgeable person. Maybe she was posting to get everyone riled up, but I do not see it. I think she was venting about a topic that was bothering her. I do not have an issue with that.

I still do not understand the "Master Race" part of her thread. Parrothead, please explain better. Thanks.

Are you saying all Mexicans are lazy ....

Gosh, I don't think so............ Are you saying that every Mexican leaves his or her flag up after Cinco de Mayo ? Every Mexican, I am saying Mexican, that has ever worked for me or worked with me, has had an excellent work ethic, except on Fridays, that's payday, and they want to hurry up the job and get paid. I really have never met a lazy Mexican. :D

Things that irritate me: People who always have their noses all up in everyone elses business. Oooooh, I don't like the flag you fly on your own property, ooooh I'm irritated.

Thats a stupid argument. If your business is out in the public, then its not just your business.

If i had a White hooded robe hanging from a tree on my property....

If i had a sign bashing gays...

If i had a banner bashing blacks....

If i stood neked posing in my yard....

If i put up a nativity scene at christmas...

If i put up an american flag in my dormroom window....

All of these can be taken down by the police, some universities, some homeowners associations.

Just because it is your business, or on your property doesnt mean it's not offending or hurting someone else.. and they can be taken down either rightly or wrongly so.

Wow. :unsure: Totally unbelievable. I cannot believe my post was taken so harshly, and that some people have made so many assumptions and have been so rude.

FOR THE RECORD, RedScare, since you seem to think you are so smart--I have been gone all day--with my daughter at Gymboree class and running errands. So sorry I didn't respond within your approved timetable.

I mistakenly thought members would understand I was venting and voicing MY OPINION--is that something everyone else can do here without getting called a moron or other names? I don't think I deserved any of the name calling at all. There are more than a few of you here that need to grow UP and get a LIFE and understand that just because someone THINKS DIFFERENTLY than you they aren't stupid. THIS IS A MESSAGE BOARD! Stop taking it so frickin' seriously. :D You know, you can actually walk away from it once in a while (try it...I dare ya.).

Thanks to everyone that understood my point. :) I appreciate it. My biggest beef was the way they did it, and the message that it seemed to say, not necessarily that it was the flag of Mexico (though I wasn't exactly jumping for joy at that). The last thing I am is a xenophobe. The first thing I am is a PATRIOTIC American who would rather see the flag of OUR COUNTRY flying in OUR COUNTRY. Period. Anyone who reads into that any more than that is grasping at straws.

Thats a stupid argument. If your business is out in the public, then its not just your business.

If i had a White hooded robe hanging from a tree on my property....

If i had a sign bashing gays...

If i had a banner bashing blacks....

If i stood neked posing in my yard....

If i put up a nativity scene at christmas...

If i put up an american flag in my dormroom window....

All of these can be taken down by the police, some universities, some homeowners associations.

Just because it is your business, or on your property doesnt mean it's not offending or hurting someone else.. and they can be taken down either rightly or wrongly so.

If i had a White hooded robe hanging from a tree on my property....Offensive because it is threatening

If i had a sign bashing gays...Offensive because it is threatening

If i had a banner bashing blacks....Offensive because it is threatening

If i stood neked posing in my yard....Disgusting

If i put up a nativity scene at christmas...You are free to do so. And if someone doesn't like it....well too bad for them.

If i put up an american flag in my dormroom window....And the problem with that is?

If you've got a HOA that won't let you display the American flag or a nativity scene on your own property you've got a bunch of nazis in your HOA. And I don't think it is against the law (however distasteful) to display a hood or hateful signs and banners on your own property.

Wow. :unsure: Totally unbelievable. I cannot believe my post was taken so harshly, and that some people have made so many assumptions and have been so rude.

FOR THE RECORD, RedScare, since you seem to think you are so smart--I have been gone all day--with my daughter at Gymboree class and running errands. So sorry I didn't respond within your approved timetable.

I mistakenly thought members would understand I was venting and voicing MY OPINION--is that something everyone else can do here without getting called a moron or other names? I don't think I deserved any of the name calling at all. There are more than a few of you here that need to grow UP and get a LIFE and understand that just because someone THINKS DIFFERENTLY than you they aren't stupid. THIS IS A MESSAGE BOARD! Stop taking it so frickin' seriously. :D You know, you can actually walk away from it once in a while (try it...I dare ya.).

Thanks to everyone that understood my point. :) I appreciate it. My biggest beef was the way they did it, and the message that it seemed to say, not necessarily that it was the flag of Mexico (though I wasn't exactly jumping for joy at that). The last thing I am is a xenophobe. The first thing I am is a PATRIOTIC American who would rather see the flag of OUR COUNTRY flying in OUR COUNTRY. Period. Anyone who reads into that any more than that is grasping at straws.

Your right Parrothead, While some here can agree to disagree, many others can't. They jump to conclusions and start assuming things when you've hit a sensitive spot.

Speaking of rudeness and assumptions, have you read the first post in this thread? Totally rude, and full of assumptions! That person needs to grow up and get a life. :lol:

What, no apology for me, RedScare? Not surprising. You're a lawyer, right?

Oops, was that an assumption? My bad. :D

P.S. Back to the "getting a life" issue...um... *whispering* I'm not the one with 3,782 posts. ;)

If you've got a HOA that won't let you display the American flag or a nativity scene on your own property you've got a bunch of nazis in your HOA. And I don't think it is against the law (however distasteful) to display a hood or hateful signs and banners on your own property.

Yeah......You can get away with the whole "sheet flying" thing in October, but the other 11 months it is generally frowned upon. I wonder if said HOAs would let them fly a Swastika Flag, west ? How can anyone hate on "The Baby Jesus" ?

I believe there IS a city ordinance banning materials deemed "offensive" to the general public, civil liberties and all. Some people just can't get along, and feel it neccessary to hang stupid signs or flags in order to express their opinions. Then when they get called on it, and are asked to try and be a decent person, that's when they throw the first amendment up, not knowing the full extent of what it means. These "slackjaws" just have no common decency, and they are some in every cultures.

If i had a White hooded robe hanging from a tree on my property....Offensive because it is threatening

If i had a sign bashing gays...Offensive because it is threatening

If i had a banner bashing blacks....Offensive because it is threatening

If i stood neked posing in my yard....Disgusting

If i put up a nativity scene at christmas...You are free to do so. And if someone doesn't like it....well too bad for them.

If i put up an american flag in my dormroom window....And the problem with that is?

If you've got a HOA that won't let you display the Americam flag or a nativity scene on your own property you've got a bunch of nazis in you HOA.

The white hooded robe.. yes I agree.. threatening no matter what.

But a sign or banner saying simply "Gays shouldnt marry" or "Mexicans go home".. offensive to them yah.. but threatening ?

I would say seeing a mexican flag waving, given the hostile atmosphere how divided most people are on this issue could be equally as threatening a sign.

as for the nativity scene and american flag.. i read of an instance where a homeowners associationm made some of its residents take down anything that wasnt secular... and i read numerous instances after the immigration rallies where students in public school were disiplinled and told not to wear american flags or anything overtly patriotic becasue it might offend the hispanics and contribute to the already hostile situation at the schools... all the while other schools are raising mexican flags up on the flagpoles.

How is seeing a mexican flag raise up over your school on land some people of a foreign nation still believe to be rightly theirs not threatening ?

How is a people that have no regard for law or borders or a nations sovereignty not a threat ?

Yeah......You can get away with the whole "sheet flying" thing in October, but the other 11 months it is generally frowned upon. I wonder if said HOAs would let them fly a Swastika Flag, west ? How can anyone hate on "The Baby Jesus" ?

I believe there IS a city ordinance banning materials deemed "offensive" to the general public, civil liberties and all. Some people just can't get along, and feel it neccessary to hang stupid signs or flags in order to express their opinions. Then when they get called on it, and are asked to try and be a decent person, and they throw the first amendment up, not knowing the full extent of what it means. These "slackjaws" just have no comon decency, and they are some in every cultures.

Your comparing the Mexican flag to the Swastika? I'm just saying that a person who gets "irritated" because someone flys a Mexican flag on their OWN property sure must spend their life being irritated and untwisting their panties.

Your comparing the Mexican flag to the Swastika? I'm just saying that a person who gets "irritated" because someone flys a Mexican flag on their OWN property sure must spend their life being irritated and untwisting their panties.

NOOOOOOOOOOO ! You friggin Goofball. I was comparing your HOA comment about Nazis, keep up ! Geez, what a Democrat you are. :P:lol::lol: I won't hold that against you though.

The white hooded robe.. yes I agree.. threatening no matter what.

But a sign or banner saying simply "Gays shouldnt marry" or "Mexicans go home".. offensive to them yah.. but threatening ?

I would say seeing a mexican flag waving, given the hostile atmosphere how divided most people are on this issue could be equally as threatening a sign.

as for the nativity scene and american flag.. i read of an instance where a homeowners associationm made some of its residents take down anything that wasnt secular... and i read numerous instances after the immigration rallies where students in public school were disiplinled and told not to wear american flags or anything overtly patriotic becasue it might offend the hispanics and contribute to the already hostile situation at the schools... all the while other schools are raising mexican flags up on the flagpoles.

How is seeing a mexican flag raise up over your school on land some people of a foreign nation still believe to be rightly theirs not threatening ?

How is a people that have no regard for law or borders or a nations sovereignty not a threat ?

My point was that Parrot needs to get her nose out of her neighbors buisness. Flying a Mexican flag on their OWN property is up to them. Talk about being PC. People have the right to be obnoxious and offensive and if you let them get to you life can be very irritating.

NOOOOOOOOOOO ! You friggin Goofball. I was comparing your HOA comment about Nazis, keep up ! Geez, what a Democrat you are. :P:lol::lol:

Hmmmmm.....sounds to me like you are being very PC and don't care much about private property rights....How un-Republican of you.

I'm just saying that a person who gets "irritated" because someone flys a Mexican flag on their OWN property sure must spend their life being irritated and untwisting their panties.

It's called "backlash conservatism". It's one of the far-right's favorite tools to keep things stirred up. It's been very effective for them politically but somewhat destructive when it comes to actually governing. Instead of concentrating on 2500+ dead in Iraq, poverty, health care and education here at home, they deflect by using a burning flag-today's top item on the Senate agenda-or gay marriage-or a Mexican flag in someone's front yard.

How is flying a mexican flag on your property alowable yet flying a rebel flag deemed offensive ?

Lets assume this flag and house in question.. this occupant is perfectly legal, has lived here for generations..

and he is a proud American and at the same time a proud Mexican-American.

The rebel flag is deemed offensive to blacks.

One can't be proud to be a Southern-American.. or least they cant show it with a flag.

How many states have had to take the rebel flag off their capitol building ?

Slavery was just one aspect of the Civil War... yet thanks to racist groups like the KKK.. the symbol of the south has been turned into something offensive.

That doesnt mean every southerner is racist. That doesnt mean every proud southerner who would fly that flag if they could does so out of racist intents.

This is more carrying over from my earlier post.

Its more allowable for any other race to be offended here than it is for whitey.

A house flying a mexican flag gets defended by people here in this forum, yet if it were a conferderate flag.. some in here would dismiss the occupant as racist, the flag as offensive, and demand action be taken.

My point was that Parrot needs to get her nose out of her neighbors buisness. Flying a Mexican flag on their OWN property is up to them. Talk about being PC. People have the right to be obnoxious and offensive and if you let them get to you life can be very irritating.

Hmmmmm.....sounds to me like you are being very PC and don't care much about private property rights....How un-Republican of you.

How is this for Republican, I care more about my Property Values, than some Goober being able to put dumbass signs in his front yard saying "N-er, get off my property !"

Nmain, as far as the "master race" crack, remember back when all the protests were going on downtown. I distinctly remember some people being interviewed saying that the Mexican people were "La Raza", and that THEY were THE master race. It is my belief that this is where she is coming from.

How is flying a mexican flag on your property alowable yet flying a rebel flag deemed offensive ?

Lets assume this flag and house in question.. this occupant is perfectly legal, has lived here for generations..

and he is a proud American and at the same time a proud Mexican-American.

The rebel flag is deemed offensive to blacks.

One can't be proud to be a Southern-American.. or least they cant show it with a flag.

How many states have had to take the rebel flag off their capitol building ?

Slavery was just one aspect of the Civil War... yet thanks to racist groups like the KKK.. the symbol of the south has been turned into something offensive.

That doesnt mean every southerner is racist. That doesnt mean every proud southerner who would fly that flag if they could does so out of racist intents.

This is more carrying over from my earlier post.

Its more allowable for any other race to be offended here than it is for whitey.

A house flying a mexican flag gets defended by people here in this forum, yet if it were a conferderate flag.. some in here would dismiss the occupant as racist, the flag as offensive, and demand action be taken.

You can fly a rebel flag all you want. No one is talking about flying anything off the capital building, it was flown on someones PRIVATE property. No one is defending the Mexican flag over "whitey's" flag, people that get in a snit about someone flying a rebel flag on ones own PRIVATE property are just as petty as ones that are "irritated" by the Mexican flag.

You can fly a rebel flag all you want. No one is talking about flying anything off the capital building, it was flown on someones PRIVATE property. No one is defending the Mexican flag over "whitey's" flag, people that get in a snit about someone flying a rebel flag on their own PRIVATE property are just as petty as ones that are "irritated" by the Mexican flag.

My point was though if an action is out in the public, even on private property, then that action is not private.. so its silly to say everyone else should mind their own business. A private property owner cant just do whatever they want on their property if it effects others.

What if this guy's next door neighbor is trying to sell his house...

What about perceived property value ? Both a waving mexican flag or confederate flag might be seen as a detraction to the quality of the neighborhood... and might discourage possible homebuyers next door.

What if this guy's yard was in total neglect. Its his property... yet HOA's can get involved and levy fines.. the city can issue a lien till that man's private property is made not a nuisance, or detraction, or hazard.

My point was though if an action is out in the public, even on private property, then that action is not private.. so its silly to say everyone else should mind their own business. A private property owner cant just do whatever they want on their property if it effects others.

What if this guy's next door neighbor is trying to sell his house...

What about perceived property value ? Both a waving mexican flag or confederate flag might be seen as a detraction to the quality of the neighborhood... and might discourage possible homebuyers next door.

What if this guy's yard was in total neglect. Its his property... yet HOA's can get involved and levy fines.. the city can issue a lien till that man's private property is made not a nuisance, or detraction, or hazard.

Then she needs to let the HOA and the neighbors take care of it and MHOB.

Hello...west20th...can you read? It was just an opinion I was stating. Ya know, something EVERYONE on this message board does EVERY DAY, including you? Gads. I'm not trying to interfere with the neighborhood. Just my observation about it!

Hello...west20th...can you read? It was just an opinion I was stating. Ya know, something EVERYONE on this message board does EVERY DAY, including you? Gads. I'm not trying to interfere with the neighborhood. Just my observation about it!

Just wondering why you felt the screaming need to let us know you were "irritated" about someone elses private property. Are you one of those folks who finds PC offensive?

Archived