Top National Chains Not Yet In Houston

You've all seen them while travelling. Some neat concept store or restaurant you've never seen before in Houston. Places like 'Trader Joe's' or something as simple as a Jody Maroney's....what are some neat places you've seen that you'd like to see come to Houston?

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You've all seen them while travelling. Some neat concept store or restaurant you've never seen before in Houston. Places like 'Trader Joe's' or something as simple as a Jody Maroney's....what are some neat places you've seen that you'd like to see come to Houston?

It's not national, but if Houston had In-n-Out Burger, it would finally be perfect.

Steak n Shake Baby. I think they are coming. There are a few in Dallas. Good Stuff.

When I was a kid, they had a 'Steak & Shake' in the Champions Area. I loved that place!

I'd love to see them back in Houston.

I used to love Shakey's Pizza too.

I'm pretty certain there's a Krystal Burger on FM 1960 right now.

I always liked Hardees on roadtrips to the Southeast.

What about Taco Bueno?

What about Taco Bueno?

Man you like that place? The two times I've eaten there during school its made me sick so I think I'm done with that place...plus the really annoying commercials with the puppets say "ITS MORE BUENO!" kinda get to you

I'm not impressed with In N Out's menu. They don't have anything but burgers and I only eat chicken sandwiches at those places. After hearing so much about them, I was a little disappointed that all I got to eat were french fries.

The In N Outs are all over L.A. as well as those Carl's Jr.

There was a Steak N Shake on Telephone just south of Belfort. All you got was a tasteless meat patty and a bun. Everything else cost extra. Worst burger since The Whaler in New London Connecticut.

Tower Records

H&M

Pret a Manger

Virgin Records

Carl's Jr.

I understand that Virgin records is coming to Houston/Pearland in the near future.

I'd like to see White Castle come to Houston..... And from my days living in South Florida, I miss the chicken chain "Pollo Tropical"

I almost forgot, Krystal Burgers, or White Castle !

I thought we had a Krystal Burger on FM1960. In fact there was a thread somewhere around here talking about it.

I don't see White Castle ever coming this far south. If Krystal burger can only maintain 1 location here, who's to say White Castle could do better. Besides, if White Castle came down here, they would of course attempt to make a Texas sized version of their slider, which even at 3 times its original size - it still only would be about the size of a Jr. Whopper! :lol:

I wanna see some Bonanza's pop-up around here. The best 9 dollar steak I've ever had came from Bonanza!

I thought we had a Krystal Burger on FM1960. In fact there was a thread somewhere around here talking about it.

I don't see White Castle ever coming this far south. If Krystal burger can only maintain 1 location here, who's to say White Castle could do better. Besides, if White Castle came down here, they would of course attempt to make a Texas sized version of their slider, which even at 3 times its original size - it still only would be about the size of a Jr. Whopper! :lol:

I wanna see some Bonanza's pop-up around here. The best 9 dollar steak I've ever had came from Bonanza!

We had Bonanzas ALL OVER until the mid to late 80's. You can actually still see a couple of the buildings left behind. What I found hilarious is that they are BOTH strip joints now. Not that I've ever been to either, ummm, I just saw them while driving by on the freeway. There is one on 45 south next to the old Car Wash at Edgebrook. Another is on I-10 east, by the Defunct Target or Garden Ridge just outside the loop close to the Fiesta market. There is another leftover on 146 in Baytown, I don't believe it to be a strip joint though.

:lol: I agree with you Jeebus, I love White Castle "sliders" and Krystal burger's "Gullet Grenades", if there IS a Krystal's on 1960, would someone PLEASE get me the address, I am going tonight if I have the whereabouts.

Definitely In and Out, even though its not a chain. Really missed it. Trader Joe's, not my thing even though I shopped there for a year because it was the only grocery store in my area.

And I can't believe we are all talking about wanting more burger places when there seems to be one at every corner.

Definitely In and Out, even though its not a chain. Really missed it. Trader Joe's, not my thing even though I shopped there for a year because it was the only grocery store in my area.

And I can't believe we are all talking about wanting more burger places when there seems to be one at every corner.

It is about QUality, not quantity. But, if you can get quantity of quality, then we are on to something.

Editor, we did have Checker's for awhile, which is exactly like Rally's. Heck, the same company even built the ready-made burger shacks, that they put on the pad sites.

Steak n Shake Baby. I think they are coming. There are a few in Dallas. Good Stuff.

there is a steak n shake going in on 242/college park drive in front of college park high school in the woodlands.

what is great about it? i haven't heard of it before. what should i order when i go?

We had Bonanzas ALL OVER until the mid to late 80's. You can actually still see a couple of the buildings left behind. What I found hilarious is that they are BOTH strip joints now. Not that I've ever been to either, ummm, I just saw them while driving by on the freeway. There is one on 45 south next to the old Car Wash at Edgebrook. Another is on I-10 east, by the Defunct Target or Garden Ridge just outside the loop close to the Fiesta market. There is another leftover on 146 in Baytown, I don't believe it to be a strip joint though.

:lol: I agree with you Jeebus, I love White Castle "sliders" and Krystal burger's "Gullet Grenades", if there IS a Krystal's on 1960, would someone PLEASE get me the address, I am going tonight if I have the whereabouts.

Between 249 & 45. I know that's vague but I do remember it being on the southside of the road.. maybe.

1623 Fm 1960 Rd W

Houston, TX 77090

281-440-1807

http://www.krystal.com :D

from houston, 45N, exit 1960, take a left, and it is on your left a couple miles down the road :D

Hmmmm.........go hit the Cruise-In on 249 then over to the Krystal Burger.

Sev, thank you, now hit me with the Weinerschnitzel Chili Dog pic.

Archived