Best Digital Camera?

I am in the market for a new digital camera. I currently own a 2001 release Kodak DC4800 (based on CNet's reviews back then). I like what I see in the Nikons and Sony, but I just saw a late-model Sony's images and was less than impressed.

I love to take photographs, so a great camera (er, well, the best digicam, anyway LOL) would be ideal.

Your opinions are helpful! TIA!

I own a Canon G6, and the image quality and features of the camera are outstanding. Others may feel differently, but I am not a big fan of Sony cameras as the image quality does not seem to measure up to Nikon, Canon, and other pure camera manufacturers.

our esteemed editor has quite a bit of knowledge about cameras. he may have some good information for you.

also, when shopping for a new camera last year, i logged on to consumer reports. user friendliness was a key point for me, as i also have had kodak digital cameras. consumer reports recommended nikon and canon for greater customer satisfaction and best value for your money (not low price btw).

unfortunately, i was given another kodak for christmas. i did not have the opportunity to personally check out consumer reports.....ehhh...report. :)

Well, I'd love an SLR, but I also want something that isn't big, so I think they are out. Basically, I'd like a camera with a lot of bells and whistles, takes amazing shots, but is smaller than the one I have. That's a lot to ask I guess... :lol:

I have a Sony Cybershot, 7.2 megapixel DSC-V3. It has a huge screen on the back so you can actually SEE what you just took a picture of, and be able to determine whether you need to take the shot again. It has a built in flash, and you can load a 512mb memory card in it or larger, so you can hold about 400 to 500 pictures in it. I am seeing them on ebay for very reasonable prices, they go for about $550 at the retail store, ebay has them for about $400. It has video mode, a "blur off" switch. I have gotten some amazing pictures with it.

Here, I found this one for you.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Sony-Cyber-shot-DSC-V3...1QQcmdZViewItem

Hey T, do you have any pics to show? That does look like a nice camera. Thanks for the link!

Sorry, this is the best I can do for now. The website I had a bunch of pics on is apparently down. The camera has more bells and whistles than the Space Shuttle. I use it for all my Ebay cars, and people comment all the time how they appreciate how nice the pics are.

j91fod03WY14VPMz8BJkRPhXUtU0.jpgUq93SrunI8iw5AfgSBw9J4Y89RIi.jpg

qVA3fFc60ckyUza1vaw0MGUh5c7o.jpg

I was shopping for a camera myself a few weeks ago (there's another camera advice thread around here about it), and someone told me to avoid Sony cameras. Partly it was usualy Sony over-pricing, but I don't remember their other specific complaints.

I was shopping for a camera myself a few weeks ago (there's another camera advice thread around here about it), and someone told me to avoid Sony cameras. Partly it was usualy Sony over-pricing, but I don't remember their other specific complaints.

I've had mine for a little over a year, and no complaints. They are a little pricey, but I beat up the Conn's salesman to give me an extra Memory stick and battery. I am a jerk like that though. Just the salesman in me.

I have a Sony Cybershot, 7.2 megapixel DSC-V3. It has a... "blur off" switch. I have gotten some amazing pictures with it.

Where is this switch!? I've used V3's before and never knew about this.

Where is this switch!? I've used V3's before and never knew about this.

It is in the settings program, it will automatically come on when you are in close-up mode, when you click on the little flower button. When the "blur off" is active, the little shaking hand come on the screen to let you know it is active before you take the pic.

• 1 month later...
It is in the settings program, it will automatically come on when you are in close-up mode, when you click on the little flower button. When the "blur off" is active, the little shaking hand come on the screen to let you know it is active before you take the pic.

i see nikon has quietly released the new d80. now i need to just figure out where to come up with $1,000 ... i have the d70 and love it.

Archived